Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRC and NOFed cases

Tomshu:

Do you have any idea about NOFed cases waiting for approval from Phily DOL ? Are they going to move such cases to BRC or Phily DOL is going to work on such cases ?

Thanks for all the information you have provided.

Cheers,
pinkubenu

Folks
I have one quick question, (actually posting this for 2nd time). My lawyer tells me my Priority Date = 06/25/2004 whereas my transfer to regional date is 04/22/04 .. Could someone please explain why this might be happening. I mean the difference in these two dates .. >>> any help ??

Are you sure the years are right? Normally priority date is the date SESA registers your application. That should be the earlier date. Does your lawyer perhaps mean 06/25/2003 is your priority date?

laborpain01 said:
Folks
I have one quick question, (actually posting this for 2nd time). My lawyer tells me my Priority Date = 06/25/2004 whereas my transfer to regional date is 04/22/04 .. Could someone please explain why this might be happening. I mean the difference in these two dates .. >>> any help ??

This means your Labor application released and sent to regional office on 04/22/04. And since everyday hundreds of mail coming to reginal office so they put stamped on you Labor application on 06/25/2004 that is your priority date.

Thank you

orissa

My lawyer input

My lawyer says that the regional is backlogged because, the April 2001 cases (the same that slowed down the states) have now hit regional. It will take them another 2 years just to clear July - Dec 2003 for RIR?

Any comments

Priority Date

orissa said:
This means your Labor application released and sent to regional office on 04/22/04. And since everyday hundreds of mail coming to reginal office so they put stamped on you Labor application on 06/25/2004 that is your priority date.

Thank you

orissa

Now I'm confused too. I thought the date you officially file your lc with the STATE- level is your priority date. Is it not? Is it the date that REGIONAL dol receives your case?

Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Guys,
Check recent posts on Chicago Regional DOL Tracker. They mention some movement in a dec 18 (year not mentioned) case. From the hurrays on that thread, looks like its related to BRC. If thats true, then I'm confused. Chicago, me thinks, is a long way from Philly. Any comments?
Best,

VAhoper said:
Now I'm confused too. I thought the date you officially file your lc with the STATE- level is your priority date. Is it not? Is it the date that REGIONAL dol receives your case?

I think what your lawyer told you is wrong.
The priority date is the date the employee’s labor certification application was originally filed (generally, the date the application was received by the state employment security agency). Every month, the U.S. Department of State tracks the number of people who immigrate from all countries in each preference category. Based on those numbers, it designates certain priority dates for each category as current, and people holding these or older priority dates are eligible to move to the third step of the immigration process.

pinkubenu said:
Tomshu:

Do you have any idea about NOFed cases waiting for approval from Phily DOL ? Are they going to move such cases to BRC or Phily DOL is going to work on such cases ?

Thanks for all the information you have provided.

Cheers,
pinkubenu

I did not ask about it because my case was not NOFed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, tomshu

Thanks, tomshu,
Although I do not know what kind of hotline it is, I would so much like to believe what you have got from this line, because it at lease brings us some comforts and lets us know that something is still going on there and people are still alive there.

I also hope that the certifying officer (the big dog) of Philly DOL is NOT in charge of this BRC, since he said some really negative words on my collegue's and my cases, and it seemed there was no hope for us two to be certified at the regional level. I do hope he did not put what he said in a not and attach to our cases, otherwise whereever our cases are transferred to , we are still hopeless. Do you know the Certifying Officer in Philly DOL is also in charge of the BRC? Thanks!

Buddah bless me.

tomshu said:
I did ask about it because my case was not NOFed. :)

Priority Date

Right. So you are saying it IS the date that we file the lc petition with the STATE commission. Not the date we later file with the REGIONAL office, Right?

e.g If I send my petition to VA State Commission, they received it in July 03. After processing, they forwarded it to Philly Regional office in Apr. 04. My Priority date is July 03.

tomshu said:
I think what your lawyer told you is wrong.
The priority date is the date the employee’s labor certification application was originally filed (generally, the date the application was received by the state employment security agency). Every month, the U.S. Department of State tracks the number of people who immigrate from all countries in each preference category. Based on those numbers, it designates certain priority dates for each category as current, and people holding these or older priority dates are eligible to move to the third step of the immigration process.

NOF issued

Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum. I just want to share my info with you guys.
I have filed my LC from Dellaware in nov2003 and got a query in state . My employer replied to it and state got approved. Now I got NOF in regional processing and my employer also replied to it about 2 months back. When I call AVM i get message like 'NOF time has been extended'. doen anybody now what this message means? Can I expect my labor. Does it make any sense to wait for this labor or should I start new labor processing?

Please advice me. I really appreciate your help

VAhoper said:
Right. So you are saying it IS the date that we file the lc petition with the STATE commission. Not the date we later file with the REGIONAL office, Right?

e.g If I send my petition to VA State Commission, they received it in July 03. After processing, they forwarded it to Philly Regional office in Apr. 04. My Priority date is July 03.

Since the priority date for all the countries are current, what are you worrying about? Further more all the cases are processed according to the case_num?

tomshu said:
Since the priority date for all the countries are current, what are you worrying about? Further more all the cases are processed according to the case_num?

Tomshu,

ok, when the backlog reduction centers r in full efficiency, hopefully soon. this means that tons of LC will be approved and they will be dumped in USCIS,in a short time, which means that the USCIS will be backlogged again. now if the uscis was fast and try to clear them in a short time, which i really doubt, the number of immigrants visas will be backlogged soon at the state department and especially for countries like india and china and mexico. so in my opinion all what DOL will do is remove the backlog from its offices and dumped in 2 other places : USCIS and DOS. therefore i expect a really long journey for this green card process espcially for some countries.

any thoughts?

regards.

See the bright side

Let me tell you one thing. Getting your LC cleared and waiting in a clogged 485 line is a lot better than not having your LC cleared and the 485 line being short and efficient.
At least your I-140 will get cleared and atleast some of us can go buy our own furniture than having rented one thinking that our GC will never get through.
This is the sentiment immigration-law.com is propagating. I just think that they have a obsessive-compulsive need to keep writing a long article each day to pretend that they are giving "UP TO THE MINUTE" details about immigration.
After a long there is hope on this board. So please dont dampen your spirits my friend by telling yourself that is a long wait. Its a longer wait when your LC is not cleared.
Be POSITIVE :)
Sameer :) :)

sameer2730 said:
Let me tell you one thing. Getting your LC cleared and waiting in a clogged 485 line is a lot better than not having your LC cleared and the 485 line being short and efficient.
At least your I-140 will get cleared and atleast some of us can go buy our own furniture than having rented one thinking that our GC will never get through.
This is the sentiment immigration-law.com is propagating. I just think that they have a obsessive-compulsive need to keep writing a long article each day to pretend that they are giving "UP TO THE MINUTE" details about immigration.
After a long there is hope on this board. So please dont dampen your spirits my friend by telling yourself that is a long wait. Its a longer wait when your LC is not cleared.
Be POSITIVE :)
Sameer :) :)

You are absolutly right. I would rather wait in I485/I140 than in the LC, at least my wife can start working three-months after I485/I140 applications being submitted concurrently. In LC stage, you have nothing to hope, right?

Folks: What really happens when an application is sent to the regional office. I am looking into an opportunity where the state has already been approved and its sitting in regional for few months (maybe over 6) now. Need to get more details I know but all I know is that original LC was applied in State in Sep '02 which was approved and sent to Regional. Give past experience, what is the prob that regional gets denied when state has been approved. What does Regional approval mean? Is it a mere checklist item or another lengthy approval process.

I want to ideally get in the company when regional is also approved but there is pressure and opportunity is from a very reliable source and quite good. I would be giving up my current process (which was applied last yr (April'03 in Regular LC). Therefore this might mean I can cut abt 1 and a half in my GC proces.. Your thoughts shall be appreciated.

Another backlog on its way

My thoughts:

Labor departemnt has no idea what kind huge backlog in on the way when president Clinton sign the bill 245i. Then suddenly they realize that oh my ggass...ss 300,000 labor application on April 30 2001. Then lots of lots of closed door meeting on and off, finally Pilot, Perm bla bal bla.

After whole 3 years passed BRC ( Backlog reduction Center) started some where in the jungle of Maryland. What I understand the same thing will repeat again for I-140 and I-485 in future.

Suddenly USCIS will see one day oh my ga..sssss 300,000 for I-140 and I-485
OK, hey throw that inside that backlog container, because this is nothing do with america, these application all belongs to 3rd world, they will wait as long as we can hold it inside that BRC containers. You know what LC aspirant are so patience, they never complain, so do not worry for another 2 or 3 year. And now the election is over President will also never ask a single question whats going on.

Then another BRC will start some where in desert of Texam may be.

sorry folks thats what, I feel now.

Thanks for reading

orissa

orissa said:
My thoughts:

Labor departemnt has no idea what kind huge backlog in on the way when president Clinton sign the bill 245i. Then suddenly they realize that oh my ggass...ss 300,000 labor application on April 30 2001. Then lots of lots of closed door meeting on and off, finally Pilot, Perm bla bal bla.

After whole 3 years passed BRC ( Backlog reduction Center) started some where in the jungle of Maryland. What I understand the same thing will repeat again for I-140 and I-485 in future.

Suddenly USCIS will see one day oh my ga..sssss 300,000 for I-140 and I-485
OK, hey throw that inside that backlog container, because this is nothing do with america, these application all belongs to 3rd world, they will wait as long as we can hold it inside that BRC containers. You know what LC aspirant are so patience, they never complain, so do not worry for another 2 or 3 year. And now the election is over President will also never ask a single question whats going on.

Then another BRC will start some where in desert of Texam may be.

sorry folks thats what, I feel now.

Thanks for reading

orissa

Orissa,

I completly agree with u. wekll actually there will be more than 300000 I140/I485 applied because we should remenber that many people have dependants (spuse and kids) which means that let's say out of 300000 applications 200000 got LC approved those when getting to USCIS they will apply for at least 300000 to 600000 applications of I140/I485 which means USCIS will be backlogged by a number of applications of 300000 to 600000 persons in a short time. furthermore, the whole visa numbers available in 1 yr for employment based green card is 140000.
which means guys green card will take forever and we r dreaming about having any hope before another 4 to 5 years.

hope i'm wrong.

regards,

When was the last labor approved from regional office? Is regional labor clearance a lengthy process or a just a check-list process?

Status
Not open for further replies.