Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AILA at lease did not deny what tomshu has mentioned, and it is a good sign. It will be getting a more complete outline on 10/8, which could be a guideline of what BRC will do for the next step. I personally do believe BRC is operational soon, but just how soon? I also saw some posts on Texas DOL board, and they are talking about BRC sending out confirmation letters, too. It seems to be true that confirmation letters would be the first step that BRC will take. My lawyer also personally consider that BRC will send these letters to lawyers instead of employers, since there are always turnovers in employer companies and who could know if people are still there after three years? Or even some employers are no longer existing now.

orissa said:
Jiangnan,

Please expalin what will happend on october 8?

Thanks

orissa

Ok My lawyer called exceed (after I provided with the info). The procedure is same, i.e. they will call lawyers/employee to see if the application is still valid. But as of Yesterday, officially Exceed has not started working. Her take is, this will further delay the process, as what regional has to do, it has to, an additional time will be taken by exceed to enquire, and if many people are no longer interested in LC, they will be kicked out (and by long stretch that might make the process fast). Her take (and I have heard argument from both side), the delay in Regional is due to 245I hitting regional, cutbacks etc.

All in all it might be another few years for regional to clear LC. I hope it is not, I wish that her logic is wrong but hey I dont know enough to analyse it.

rgds,

Hi, Akela,
what is exceed?
So you mean they will call instead of mailing out letters? That sounds great since a call saves much more time and paperwork (thinking about the lawyers sending out letters to designated people in the employer companies and then the letters have to be signed and then mailed back to lawyers and lawyers send them back to BRC).
Could you please verify?
Thanks!

akela said:
Ok My lawyer called exceed (after I provided with the info). The procedure is same, i.e. they will call lawyers/employee to see if the application is still valid. But as of Yesterday, officially Exceed has not started working. Her take is, this will further delay the process, as what regional has to do, it has to, an additional time will be taken by exceed to enquire, and if many people are no longer interested in LC, they will be kicked out (and by long stretch that might make the process fast). Her take (and I have heard argument from both side), the delay in Regional is due to 245I hitting regional, cutbacks etc.

All in all it might be another few years for regional to clear LC. I hope it is not, I wish that her logic is wrong but hey I dont know enough to analyse it.

rgds,

It doesn't have to be that bad

Akela,
I understand your sentiments but it might not be that bad. Roughly, 245i took 2 and 1/2 years to be cleared at state level. If we assume that a standard labor application spends equal amount of time at both state & regional level, in worst case, the 245 i guys should get cleared in 2.5 years to make way for us (assuming the no. of people working on these applications is same at regional & state level). As far as I know, there were only 4 or 5 people working on these applications. But now, there will be around 100-150 people working on these applications. Out of these, lets say, 25 people work on Philly applications (assuming that they are going to take up other DOL cases too). If it is 25, then also we might expect an efficiency increase of 5 times in terms of people. So, even if the initial sending of letters etc is over by Dec 2004. From Jan 05, it should take 2.5/5=0.5 years (6 months) to get their labors cleared. After that the labor guys are all yours. The above assumptions are worst case assumptions. You could always fill in your own numbers into my hypothesis :).

jiangnan said:
Hi, Akela,
what is exceed?
So you mean they will call instead of mailing out letters? That sounds great since a call saves much more time and paperwork (thinking about the lawyers sending out letters to designated people in the employer companies and then the letters have to be signed and then mailed back to lawyers and lawyers send them back to BRC).
Could you please verify?
Thanks!

Looks like I have passed the authentic messages to you guys.

I do not think they will use phone calls instead because that will create a lot of more problems and hard to track. :)

Anything that touches law/govt has to be well documented and therefore phone calls cannot be used for a labor application. Shall be letter, due to paper trail and filing.

Waiting to clear LC at the state level

Hi all,

I was just wondering about the letters they will send to the lawyers/employers for state level LC. I have filed my LC through philly in may 2003 and did not hear anything after that. I think my state labour did not clear. I asked my lawyer too and they me their standard answer that when they hear something they will let me know. So I was wondering if they will see the applications from SESA or not.

Thanks,

I don't think all 245I cases arrived regional offices at one time. For example, VA received about 20,000 cases in April 2001. They haven't dumped all the cases on regional center at one time. It was slow process at their regular capacity! Regional offices got all the application at their usual rate, if not a bit higher.

Hi,

well according to the latest update for the visa bulletin that EB-3 categories visa numbers will be backlogged by jan 2005 this means:

part 1- if somebody will aplly for i 140 and i 485 after jan 2005, he will face a problem of not able to file for i 485 because the condition to apply for i 485 is that visa numbers are current at the moment u apply i -485.

part 2- act 21 century states that in order to get the 7 th year extension u need that ur i-140 be approved and ur i-485 be pending for more than 6 months. but after jan 2005, according to part 1, there will not be a way to fill i-485 , this means that act 21 century or 7 th year extension will not be available anymore unless ur labor certificate pended for more than 1 year.

part 3- if the visa number is not available, this means that u can't apply for an EAD and AP, as i understand it.i'm not sure about this point.

overall, having no visa numbers when reaching USCIS will be a big problem on many people and things will get worse if the current thinking for administration remain against employment immigration.

regards,

N.B: this is my opinion, i'm not a lawyer.

GCMystery said:
I don't think all 245I cases arrived regional offices at one time. For example, VA received about 20,000 cases in April 2001. They haven't dumped all the cases on regional center at one time. It was slow process at their regular capacity! Regional offices got all the application at their usual rate, if not a bit higher.

If we look at MD, they already done with 245i cases 8 months ago, but if you look other side, philly have not moved since last 12 months.

If you cannot file for I-485 becoz of lack of visa numbers I have read that the AC-21 allows 7th year extension to be valid for 3 hours.

antonioa77 said:
Hi,

well according to the latest update for the visa bulletin that EB-3 categories visa numbers will be backlogged by jan 2005 this means:

part 1- if somebody will aplly for i 140 and i 485 after jan 2005, he will face a problem of not able to file for i 485 because the condition to apply for i 485 is that visa numbers are current at the moment u apply i -485.

part 2- act 21 century states that in order to get the 7 th year extension u need that ur i-140 be approved and ur i-485 be pending for more than 6 months. but after jan 2005, according to part 1, there will not be a way to fill i-485 , this means that act 21 century or 7 th year extension will not be available anymore unless ur labor certificate pended for more than 1 year.

part 3- if the visa number is not available, this means that u can't apply for an EAD and AP, as i understand it.i'm not sure about this point.

overall, having no visa numbers when reaching USCIS will be a big problem on many people and things will get worse if the current thinking for administration remain against employment immigration.

regards,

N.B: this is my opinion, i'm not a lawyer.

I think the morons at immigration-law and murthy deserve a kick in their pants.

1) If visa nos are exausted, it would be because CIS has speeded up. I have explained ad nauseam that having limited visa nos is not going to delay processing any more than would have if CIS had not speeded up.

And what do they want anyway? CIS to speed up or not? Cant have it both ways at the same time.

2) The real problem is the result of large no of immigrant applicants. If there any solution? Nope. Unless a large percentage of those among us willingly give up their applications so that the rest of the guys have it easy. Absurd to say the least.

Anyhoo, how the heck is this related to DOL processing?????? So what should we do? Take back the LC? Go in a time machine and apply 5 years in the past?

This member obviously means well and I dont want to take it out on him/her, but if you dont have anything relevant/useful/humorous/etc to post, keep out and spare us junk cut/paste.
(Even DOL related junk/rumors, general jokes/banter are ok I guess, but not something which is so obviously pointless)

Pineapple said:
I think the morons at immigration-law and murthy deserve a kick in their pants.

1) If visa nos are exausted, it would be because CIS has speeded up. I have explained ad nauseam that having limited visa nos is not going to delay processing any more than would have if CIS had not speeded up.

And what do they want anyway? CIS to speed up or not? Cant have it both ways at the same time.

2) The real problem is the result of large no of immigrant applicants. If there any solution? Nope. Unless a large percentage of those among us willingly give up their applications so that the rest of the guys have it easy. Absurd to say the least.

Anyhoo, how the heck is this related to DOL processing?????? So what should we do? Take back the LC? Go in a time machine and apply 5 years in the past?

This member obviously means well and I dont want to take it out on him/her, but if you dont have anything relevant/useful/humorous/etc to post, keep out and spare us junk cut/paste.
(Even DOL related junk/rumors, general jokes/banter are ok I guess, but not something which is so obviously pointless)

I absolutly agree with you. We have not passed the LC yet, why should we now be worrying about other blah blah things? It's really pointless!!!

And just in case u need to apply for 485 and your priority date is not current you can get 7th year extension which will be valid for 3 years instead of the customary 1 year. This is part of the 7th year extension law people dont know coz it was never needed until now.

immigration web site updated for the september month

The state level LC has moved to march 2004. I have filed my labour in may 2003. Did not heard anything yet from the lawyer. I Wonder whats going on with my application which is stuck at state level philadelphia. Did it happen to any of you guys waiting for such a long period even if you see that the priority dates are moving? Please let me know .... Please if anyone knows what number to call so that I can check the status of my application at the state level, please post on the forum. I don't see any messages that are related to state level in this group and if I check the sesa philadelphia group.. I think no body is using that thread.

Thanks

immi2003 said:
The state level LC has moved to march 2004. I have filed my labour in may 2003. Did not heard anything yet from the lawyer. I Wonder whats going on with my application which is stuck at state level philadelphia. Did it happen to any of you guys waiting for such a long period even if you see that the priority dates are moving? Please let me know .... Please if anyone knows what number to call so that I can check the status of my application at the state level, please post on the forum. I don't see any messages that are related to state level in this group and if I check the sesa philadelphia group.. I think no body is using that thread.

Thanks
Yes it happend to me, for one year, After I talk several times with my lawyer about it and told him that I was going to talk to another lawyer he went to DOl and they told him that all my file where lost, so we had to saend everythig again to mantain the priority date.
Tell your lawyer to go to DOL s office to see what is hapening:
regards

Just one curious question,
Why are only people in Philly talking about BRC? The California people do not mention it. Is that because we are more optimistic than they?

Waiting to clear LC at the state level

choclito,

Thanks for the quick reply. All the documentation was sent to the state SESA on june 25th, 2004. When the priority date moved to may 2003. So is there a chance of loosing papers after that? Anyways I will ask my lawyer again. Hope it should not happen with me since I have just one more year of h1 visa.

Thanks.

Sometimes the priority date is mistyped in their system. So there is every chance that they will not look at your application. If you feel that your priority date has crossed to the actual date, ask your lawyer to send them a reminder. It happened with me, where my priority was mistyped as June 2002 instead of June 2001. I had wasted 3 months then.

Hope that helps

immi2003 said:
choclito,

Thanks for the quick reply. All the documentation was sent to the state SESA on june 25th, 2004. When the priority date moved to may 2003. So is there a chance of loosing papers after that? Anyways I will ask my lawyer again. Hope it should not happen with me since I have just one more year of h1 visa.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.