N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

N-400 To VSC

We sent our N-400 Applications to VSC and it did not get forwarded any where. According to our USPS Tracking, it was accepted at VSC. We did explicity state "Attn :N-400 Naturalization" on the address. Not sure why it did not get forwarded. Any body else who mailed to VSC and got the application accepted?

We sent our N-400 Applications to VSC and it did not get forwarded any where. According to our USPS Tracking, it was accepted at VSC. We did explicity state "Attn :N-400 Naturalization" on the address. Not sure why it did not get forwarded. Any body else who mailed to VSC and got the application accepted?

If N-400 application mailing address had any specific post box number, the post office would forward it automatically (assuming VSC had those forward instructions in place).

If N-400 was sent to a physical address (street number, etc. instead of post box), VSC will forward it; not the post office and hence your tracking results would not show forwarding related status. If you sent checks, when they get cleared (and also when you get receipt noitce), you'll know about VSC forwarding your N-400 to the lockbox or NBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 Instructions still not updated yet

Just wondering why USCIS is taking so much time to update N400 Instructions for filing to New lockbox locations( Phoenix and Lewsville).

I also feels that these Lockboxes are slower than Service Centers in processing N400 applications. I havent see anybody getting FP notices after filing to Lockboxes.

I am sending my N400 on Jan 21 to USCIS Lewsville Lockbox.
Guys please update us , as soon as you get your FP Notices.

Thanks
Punjabi

Yep I agree - I haven't seen anyone getting their FP notice since the lockbox process started

Ahh Shucks!!! It was getting so fast here in San Diego. Three of my friends have got their interviews done within 3 months of applying. [All applying in late September to Nov 08]. But now with this lock box centralized bullshit [we will be hearing this centralized word more often now in US :)], looks like we will be delayed and for a straight case it may even take 7-8 months which was taking 4-5 months earlier.

D/O : San Diego, CA
01/15/2009 : N-400 Mailed to CSC.
01/17/2009 : N-400 Received in Pheonix Lock box.
?? : Priority Date.
?? : Notice Date.
?? : NOA Received ( I-797C)
?? : FP Notice Received
?? : FP Appointment & Done.
?? : Interview Letter.
?? : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.

All,
I got my FP notice today - FP Appointment is on 1/27 at 1 PM, hmmm do these guys realize we jobs to go to :confused: .Anyway, I am going to try to get it done this Saturday if not I will just take half a day off.

Nino 77: Thats pretty good ............that you got your FP notice......its looks like Lockbox people are also working pretty fast. Good luck to you!!!
I am planning to send my N400 tomorrow to lockbox USPS address. hopefully it will reach there on Jan 23. what you think Nino ??

Sure, If Ive known about the address change I would have waited and sent it tomorrow, USPS - Use tracking even though its worthless. Also I used a chasier check from my bank, I think it speeds up the process since the USCIS doesnt have to wait for it to clear and it doesn't cost a penny if you are a customer.

Hey guys, I got my FP today as well. My appointment is on 01/29/09 at 1:00pm

01/05/2009: N-400 Received
01/05/2009: Priority Date
01/09/2009: Check Cashed
01/12/2009: NOA Received
01/20/2009: FP Letter Received
01/29/2009: FP Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Completed
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Date

Nino 77 : I am planning to send my 400 using Priority Certified Mail. Do you know how many days does it take to reach Lewsville, Texas if i send it tomorrow January 21.

Punjabi

Nino 77 : I am planning to send my 400 using Priority Certified Mail. Do you know how many days does it take to reach Lewsville, Texas if i send it tomorrow January 21.

Punjabi

it depends on how far you are from TX - but it usually takes 2-3 days

mavsfan

I am getting ready to prepare my citizenship application, the form N-400 printed from USCIS website say expires 10/31/08. Can I use same form or need newer version. where can I get that.

Secondly,
Part 5 , B - Employer name.

The question is I been working for same company for last 8 years, but the Company name has changed three times.

so in the colume where it says Employer name - should I write current name only or all the three different names in different rows and than enter the dates when the name is changed.

Obviosuly , address column will have same address.

Please let me know . Thanks for your help.

HI everyone

NINO77 thansk for sharing your expirience and hang in there

Ok, so I have my GC and I am going for the N400, thanks to all of you, I have spent the last month waiting and tomorrow 8am I am taking the plunge in to the lock box. I will keep you posted with my progress as a "through and though lockbox" time line develops.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND LETS LKEEP THE SUPPORT GOING it is nice not to feel completely alone

01/22/09:N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :N-400 Receive
xx/xx/09 :priority Date
xx/xx/09 :Notice Date.
xx/xx/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
xx/xx/09 :FP Notice Received
xx/xx/09 :FP Appointment & Done.
xx/xx/09 :Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Interview Date
xx/xx/09 :Oath Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Oath Date.

N400 Mailed to Lockbox

Today i mailed my N400 using Priority Certified Mail with Return Receipt to Lewsville Lockbox. I am just hoping that Lockbox will really improve N400 Processing Time as Claimed by USCIS.
Good luck to everybody and stay in touch!!!

01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :Interview Date & Oath Ceremony

HI everyone

NINO77 thansk for sharing your expirience and hang in there

Ok, so I have my GC and I am going for the N400, thanks to all of you, I have spent the last month waiting and tomorrow 8am I am taking the plunge in to the lock box. I will keep you posted with my progress as a "through and though lockbox" time line develops.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND LETS LKEEP THE SUPPORT GOING it is nice not to feel completely alone

01/22/09:N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :Interview Date
xx/xx/09 :Oath Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Oath Date.

Good luck to you too

Today i mailed my N400 using Priority Certified Mail with Return Receipt to Lewsville Lockbox. I am just hoping that Lockbox will really improve N400 Processing Time as Claimed by USCIS.
Good luck to everybody and stay in touch!!!

01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
xx/xx/09 :Interview Date & Oath Ceremony

Lets hope for the best - good luck to you too

Hi everyone,

Here is my signature :

12/15/08:N-400 Mailed to TSC, then forwarded to Lockbox
12/18/2008 :N-400 Received from National Benefit Center
12/18/2008 :priority Date
01/07/2009 :Notice Date.
12/30/2008:NOA Received
01/12/2009 FP Notice Received
01/20/2009:FP Appointment & Done.

Did anyone ever had a FP appointment on Saturday, are they open on Saturday? may be they are because reschedule request can be done for Wed or Sat. But still I want to know for sure if they are open on Saturday. Anyone?