N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Here is my tracking info from USPS:

Delivered PHOENIX AZ 85036 01/05/09 3:40pm
Processed LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:47am
Forwarded LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:35am
Arrival at Unit LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:21am
Acceptance CHICAGO IL 60657 12/29/08 3:37pm

I was expecting this was going to happen as I read in previous threads it was happening to a number of applicants. Even thought in the USCIS website says the lockbox facility process won't be effective until January 22, 2009 - it is clear they are already in the works.

xx/xx/xx : NOA Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice Received.
xx/xx/xx : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Here is my tracking info from USPS:

Delivered PHOENIX AZ 85036 01/05/09 3:40pm
Processed LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:47am
Arrival at Unit LINCOLN NE 68501 12/31/08 8:21am
Acceptance CHICAGO IL 60657 12/29/08 3:37pm

I was expecting this was going to happen as I read in previous threads it was happening to a number of applicants. Even thought in the USCIS website says the lockbox facility process won't be effective until January 22, 2009 - it is clear they are already in the works.

Service Type: First-Class Packages Certified Mail

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered LEWISVILLE TX 75067 01/05/09 1:17pm

Forwarded MESQUITE TX 75185 01/02/09 3:42pm

Notice Left MESQUITE TX 75185 01/02/09 3:42pm

Arrival at Unit MESQUITE TX 75149 01/02/09 2:38pm

Acceptance SUWANEE GA 30024 12/31/08 12:36pm

hmm - I guess my usps lost my application, the status still showing forward :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know its easier said then done but be patient your application will get to TX and I hope VERY soon but the postal system can be very slow at times not to mention it was probably forward via regular mail which takes longer than say priority mail.

Heres to hoping you will get good news tomorrow ;)

Nino,

I hope your mail will be delivered soon, normally forwarded mails takes little bit longer, may be mine is priority mail and it was forwarded/delivered little bit faster. But hang in there.

hmm - I guess my usps lost my application, the status still showing forward :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know all of us are & will be nervous wrecks from the moment we send the application until our oath ceremonies!! Surely enough your application will be delivered soon, do not dismay! I send mine by priority mail. If you send yours by firs class mail it may take a little longer, but it will get there.

We have to think positive, be calm and patient. When I send my application I checked the delivery status several times a day - I was going crazy thinking it got lost or maybe I didn't write the correct address.:eek::eek: Now that it has been delivered I was thinking I might go crazy thinking on what is going to be next: was the check cashed? where is my NOA? did I get a priority date? and so on....
So I have decided not to stress about it. I have waited 5 years to apply for it, another 6-7 months (hopefully) is nothing.

01/05/09 : N-400 Received

Called USPS today - so here is the update, they don't forward 1 package at a time they wait for few days and send bunch of them in a box that gets forwarded Dallas and from Dallas to the lockbox - well, looks like the box that had my package was opened at Dallas by mistake and they sent all the packages to the old address ( since the forward address was on the box not the packages) they said they will try to locate it and call me back. That was 7 AM CST and I havent heard &^%$ back from them :mad::mad: - so I will call tomorrow and will keep you guys update. I hope none of your packages was in the same box as mine.

On a side note the chick at the local TX post office told me they are having issues and it takes 6 days to forward the mail, guys about to file my recommendation is wait until 22nd and send it to the new address

I-797c has the wrong city name but it has the correct state and zipcode. Any similar experience? thanks
-----------------------------
D/O : Milwaukee, WI
12/18/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
12/22/08 : Forwarded to Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox.
12/29/08 : USPS (A notice was left at PO Box 21251).
12/29/08 : USPS ( mail delivered).
01/05/09 : Check cached
01/08/09 : NOA Received.

can i send it directly to the lockbox address

has anyone send it directly to lock box address..

or should i wait till jan 22nd..

if its just plain forwarding..what is the use in even sending it to the old address..

has anyone send it directly to lock box address..

or should i wait till jan 22nd..

if its just plain forwarding..what is the use in even sending it to the old address..

I know i am in the same boat,, I even sent an email to them asking this same question and received no reply, someone here had posted that they are just mailing out to the new address instead of waiting for Jan 22, but I am not sure if we can or if we should.

IF anyone has already sent to the new lockbox and it arrived sucessfully can you guys PLEASE post your info :eek:

UGH the whole process from begining to end can be so stressful :confused:

to my understanding from the usps lady I talk to at TX post office today - USPS doesn't treat this mail as normal mail and deliver it, the USCIS comes and pick it up. So honestly if I were you I would wait until the 21st and send it to the new address, 2 more weeks is much better than not knowing what the heck happened with your application like me :mad: - and as u said the whole process is very stressful so no need to add extra stress.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR why can't they do it right in the first place????

n400-applied in dec 2008

I called USPS today and they said the forward service could take up to 14 biz days to deliver :eek: - guys in the same shoes please keep us updated.

i sent my appliaction for n400 to texas on dec 27 2008
recived= 29 dec 2008
12/27/08 : N-400 Mailed to TSC.
12/29/2008 : N-400 Received.
12/29/2008 : Priority Date.
1/6/09 : Notice Date.
1/06/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C)
1/12/09: FP Notice Received
01/23/09: FP Appointment & Done.
?? : Interview Letter.
?? : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.

check cashed & notice recived jan 06 2009
but they moved my appliaction to national benefits center lee's summit mo

can any one tell me how long it takes average prosses time there?
and also my n400 appliaction is marriage base, i have still condition on my green card although my i751 is still pending since from 13 months at california center,

can any one plz tell me wat will happen next and if some one have same experience plz share with me.

thanks every one.

Last edited by a moderator:
i send my appliaction for n400 to texas on dec 27 2008
recived= 29 dec 2008
check cashed & notice recived jan 06 2009
but they moved my appliaction to national benefits center lee's summit mo

That is normal behavior, and it has happened to a lot of people here (myself included). Not sure how long it will take to process, but yours is not one of the ones with the new process.

Well thanks for the info nino77 I was in limbo thinking what to do,, just our luck that the adress changes when 'we' ( all of us filing around this time ) decide to file :-(

As it is I was getting depressed thinking I was letting too much time go by and not mailing it out but what good would it do to mail it and have it stuck in the mail system?

I truly hope yours gets there SOON,, and keep us informed.

Guys, Plese see my signature- USPS didn't lose my N-400 but their online tracking system $ucks - its still showing as forward, I made tons of calls and no one had an idea, yesterday they told me if I had insurance I could claim it and today got my NOA.

FYI - It only has ur name and ur address and it asks you to verify that ur DOB is correct but its blank - kinda stupid.

All, please keep everyone updated.

The waiting game starts ..................

Last edited by a moderator:
naturalization fee

should i send two seperate cheques..one for 595 and other for 80..or
just one cheque

I dont see anywhere it says two seperate cheques..
I am going to make it payable to Department of Homeland Security..

Shanks