N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

someone here had posted that they are just mailing out to the new address instead of waiting for Jan 22, but I am not sure if we can or if we should.

IF anyone has already sent to the new lockbox and it arrived sucessfully can you guys PLEASE post your info :eek:

UGH the whole process from begining to end can be so stressful :confused:

very stressful indeed, no logic in USCIS whatsoever, and when you think you've seen it all - they do another crazy stupid thing and you just sit there trying to collect you jaw from ur chest, and the wrecked nerves together...

just look at this the three facts:
1) online case tracking system stopped working around October 2007 and haven't worked ever since - for over a year now, when all it takes - probably at most 5-6 hours of one professional IT person, to just connect the existing internal statistic to the website reporting, and rest is automatic.
2) the online processing date reports - are very FAR from current
3) and the only numerical factual report - Monthly statistics, comes with 3 month delay - like right now last one is October 2008
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1999065&postcount=88
when again - it is probably all automated, why not just post it on 1st of each month about previous month?

if they can't handle their simplest easiest automated functions, what logic or efficiency can one expect?? :mad: i mean it's so ridiculous, it's not funny anymore...

after seeing all this, I am too unsure to send it to lockbox before 22nd... :confused: who knows if they will end up denying me second time for inability to read instructions...

Last edited by a moderator:
TO: Nino77 glad you received your NOA ( notice of action is that right? still trying to get the lingo LOL )

TO: Feliz LA I have decided to wait until Jan 22 althought it frustrates me because I wanted to get the process going in the begining of the new year on the first week of Jan, I am now going to wait untill the 22 at least its still January.

Hoping in 2009 - yes correct Notice of Action, Thanks man - it was pretty stressful 2 weeks, USCIS is nuts for changing their address on us like that. I am happy you decide to wait and send it to their lockbox - no need for the extra stress, Now I hope my FBI name check wont take 2 years to clear like it did for my greencard - hang in there guys, some of us deserve it more than some people who were born here and grow up found themselves as citizen

My GC took 3 years because of the FBI back ground check.:eek::eek: I also hope this time won't take as long. I am hoping that when the FBI does the background check again, somehow they would know they had checked on us previously and hopefully this time would be faster.

01/05/2009: N-400 Received
01/05/2009: Priority Date
01/09/2009: Check Cashed
01/12/2009: NOA Received
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Letter Received
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Completed
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview Date
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Letter
xx/xx/xxxx: Oath Date

WOW mundowise ------
My GC took 3 years because of the FBI back ground check.:eek::eek: I also hope this time won't take as long.

Hey man - Would you mind to keep each others updated we have pretty much the same time line.

Thanks
nino77

just look at this the three facts:
1) online case tracking system stopped working around October 2007 and haven't worked ever since - for over a year now, when all it takes - probably at most 5-6 hours of one professional IT person, to just connect the existing internal statistic to the website reporting, and rest is automatic.
2) the online processing date reports - are very FAR from current
3) and the only numerical factual report - Monthly statistics, comes with 3 month delay - like right now last one is October 2008

Ok I am an IT guy and I agree with you - we get way more complicated done where I work and I think what you are asking for is nothing hard to be done at all!!
IF THEY CARE ( KEY POINT )

Ok I am an IT guy and I agree with you - we get way more complicated done where I work and I think what you are asking for is nothing hard to be done at all!!
IF THEY CARE ( KEY POINT )

when the USCIS head Emilio Gonzales was fired (or "resigned") back April 18, 2008
(USCIS Cheif Gonzales Resigns http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-03-13-immigration-chief_N.htm/
Gonzalez's legacy http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=276222
Emilio's New Job http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=279163
Emilio's Award http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=279568
Illegal USCIS hiring practies under Gonzales reign http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=283278)

everyone here on forum had big hopes for changes to the better - and USCIS did finally finish hiring more people (took them a year - see quote below) and cleaning backlog, but I was hoping new boss would have online system fixed ASAP, because numerous lawyer, non-profit organizations and even Ombudsman officially complained about it MANY TIMES in last years... and today is January 2009 - still waiting...

USCIS fails to respond to Ombudsman's recommendations time and time again (May 2008) http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=279483
USCIS response to 2008 Ombudsman report to congress (Oct 2008) http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287442
B. Resources for USCIS Website – Recommendation 5

The Ombudsman recommends that USCIS examine whether it has devoted adequate resources to
the agency’s website given the importance of the website to customers.

USCIS Response:

USCIS remains committed to improving the agency’s website and other internet-based vehicles in order to deliver quality customer service.

Since briefing the CISOMB in February 2008, the New Media Division within OCOMM has filled two staff positions, one of which was newly created to assist in the development of a Spanish language version of the website. In addition, the Division has brought in two contractors to assist with content management and development. The Division continues to improve ease of navigation and search engine capabilities on the agency’s website.

OCOMM will soon introduce a new survey to the agency’s website that applies the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) standards. This will enable USCIS to better measure user satisfaction related to the agency’s website and compare it with satisfaction levels for websites from other government agencies and those in the private sector.

OMG what this 4 IT PEOPLE were doing for 11 months SINCE FEBRUARY 2008???? where is online case status check??
Could it be that ALL FOUR OF THEM happen to be BRAIN DAMAGED??? Is it a job requirement in USCIS????

Hiring 1702 people took them a whole year:

A. Staffing

USCIS has made important strides in implementing the enhancements funded by the fee increase and surge reprogramming.

• Through August 16 of FY08, USCIS components that were responsible for hiring under the fee rule and surge reprogramming have grown by 1,702 Government employees.
• USCIS was tasked to hire 723 new adjudicators as a result of the fee increase. Within 1 year of the fee increase, USCIS hired and trained the required staff.
• Using funding from both the fee increase and the surge reprogramming, USCIS has added 1,011 adjudicators through August 16 of FY08, increasing the total number of adjudicators to 3,638. USCIS plans to add at least 430 more adjudicators by the end of FY08.
• To reach the total staffing level provided by the fee increase, USCIS still needs to add 483 employees by the end of the fiscal year. To reach the total staffing level provided
9 Domestic Operations Directorate (DOMO), Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS), Office of Security and Integrity (OSI), OIT, Office of the Chief Counsel (OCC), Human Capital and Training (HCT), FOIA within Records Division, Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Administration (OA), Office of Emergency Management and Safety (OEMS), and Office of Policy and Strategy (OP&S) by the surge reprogramming, the agency will need to hire an additional 1,231 employees.

PS: funny quote from the first linked article:
President Bush had pledged in his 2000 campaign that immigrants would wait no more than six months to become citizens or to get other immigration benefits such as legal residency.

When to send N400 application

my wife is completing her 4 years and 9 months on Jan 21,2009. and then i heard this mail forwarding issue ( Lockbox). what date should we send our application?........i am thinking to send it directly to Lockbox.

please suggest ?????

my wife is completing her 4 years and 9 months on Jan 21,2009. and then i heard this mail forwarding issue ( Lockbox). what date should we send our application?........i am thinking to send it directly to Lockbox.

please suggest ?????

Punjabi:

Your wife can send her application anytime after Jan 21, 2009 to the Lockbox. I would recommend she send her application using priority certified mail, in that way you can track it on-line. Remember to check what Lockbox facility correspond to the State your are residing.

Please check:

If You Reside In: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Territory of Guam, or Northern Mariana Islands, file your N-400 with:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Courier and Express Mail Deliveries
USCIS, Attn: N-400
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S. Floor 1
Phoenix, AZ 85034

If You Reside In: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, or U.S. Virgin Islands, file your N-400 with:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

Courier and Express Mail Deliveries
USCIS, Attn: N-400
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Bldg. 4
Lewisville, TX 75067

The N-400 form instructions will be updated to reflect the new filing procedures.

Thank you so much Mundowise

one more question?
Do you think this Lockbox thing will improve N400 processing time?.
we live in New Jersey and comes under Newark D.O.
right now people are getting their interview and oath done in 4 months.
I am just hoping Lockbox will further improve this Processing time ?

Punjabi

one more question?

Punjabi

Punjabi:

We all have the same questions here. Check the following article from USCIS, it may give you a brief idea on the Lockbox process. Remember that the time of all this process may vary from one applicant to another. We all hope this new lockbox process will expedite processing times.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/n...15-08-faqs.pdf

Nino77 and mudowise, thanks for your detail posts. I unfortunately posted by N400 yesterday (01/15/2009) to California service center. I will keep track of it through USPS.
Lets keep in touch as our timelines are similar and our processing will happen through the new centralised lockbox process. Lets hope for the best

D/O : San Diego CA
01/15/2009: N-400 mailed to CSC
?? : N-400 Recieved

one more question?

Punjabi

I do know if it will improve it - looks like people were getting FP notice within a week from the NOA before the lockbox now its taking longer - I am still waiting for my FP notice. Lets keep updating each others and track the now process, I hope it will improve it

we mailed our N-400 app to VSC on 1/12 and it was NOT rerouted according to our USPS delivery confirmation reciept..

I seems TSC is the only center forwarding mail at this time. No?

Hmm - I read these Memos and QAs but I just dont get it!! - Can someone pls explain to me how sending my N-400 to TSC then TSC sends to the lockbox address then the lockbox address forward it to NBC is going to be faster?:confused::confused:

It looked like people who applied before the lockbox crap were getting their FP notice within a week, now not sure how long is going to take now, but I know this its been a week already and no FP notice for me.