May 2011 Filers

Hey May Filers!!!
I had my interview today and passed it woohoo!!!!!!
This forum has helped me so much that the least I can do is contribute.
Had the interview at Federal Plaza and was scheduled at 8:15 and got there just in time. Me and the metal detector wasn’t getting along. We went to the 8th floor. Checked in and was rerouted to room 8100. Checked in again and we waited around 20 minutes. We were called in by a Hispanic woman probably in her 50s. She took us to her cubicle and she swore us in. She asked for our IDs and proceeded with the interview. Most of her questions were directed to either me or my wife. She asked my wife what my name is, my age and where I live and the opposite for me. The questions she asked were how we met, when did the relationship get romantic, how did it progress, when did we get married then asked us for our marriage license. What do we have in common, what are our hobbies together? Since we are from different cultures how are we managing. Do our parents approve, did they attend the wedding asked for utility bills, joint accounts, pay stubs and asked us for pictures. After every response she almost always says lovely, perfect, and went on to say that its pleasant to do easy interviews. Everything that she asked where all provided during initial application. I think that’s why it was pretty straight forward. So I suggest being thorough and sending everything with the application the first time. It’s been good!!! see you guys in 2 years!!!

Congrats!!! I am sure these USCIS folks do love the easy interviews with enough initial evidence to give them a feel for the couple prior to the date.

and went on to say that its pleasant to do easy interviews. Everything that she asked where all provided during initial application. I think that’s why it was pretty straight forward. So I suggest being thorough and sending everything with the application the first time. It’s been good!!! see you guys in 2 years!!!

Congrats Asj!!! my interview is coming up soon, and i'm hoping it'll be easy too!! I tried to send all we could send initially with pictures and everything, so I hope our IO will be in a good mood and will be nice and everything will go well.
I wonder though do we have to have copies of EVERYTHING like emails we've sent to each other, letters we've written and cards and things, or just of legal documents??

The more the better. Just don't show it until necessary. Don't volunteer information at the interview. Just carry them with you as backup. I know you will be fine.

Congrats Asj!!! my interview is coming up soon, and i'm hoping it'll be easy too!! I tried to send all we could send initially with pictures and everything, so I hope our IO will be in a good mood and will be nice and everything will go well.
I wonder though do we have to have copies of EVERYTHING like emails we've sent to each other, letters we've written and cards and things, or just of legal documents??

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats asj! i have a question for you all: for the photos, are you guys bringing separate photo albums? im thinking about printing my photos in regular 8x11 paper. any thoughts?

Fluckkkk the interview was nice... He asked my cousin to come into the room with us.. everyone swore in.. LOL.... i didn't get a stamp on my passport because i had arrest and the supervisor needs to look over the case and etc.... but the officer said.I'll be good.. he approved my case.. but the supervisor needs some time...
DAMN... so i just gotta wait between now and october 1st for green card in the mail if it is approved.... BECAUSE OF A FLUCKING ARREST. I HAD...

congrats asj! i have a question for you all: for the photos, are you guys bringing separate photo albums? im thinking about printing my photos in regular 8x11 paper. any thoughts?

When i sent my application it was printed in paper. But we brought our album. I think you are better off getting prints because they might suspect something like if it was a real marriage you would want something printed and not on paper. Our album was also personalized with little pieces from our first date, wedding, little designs...she commended my wife for making such a nice photo album she also felt bad because she ruined it by taking a photo. Our photos were glued so she had to rip it out....although she said it was ok and then later on insisted to take one with both our families in the wedding.

I would bring copies.... I didnt want to make copies of our documents cause i've read before that the IO would make it if they needed it. But during the interview she took our utulity bills and bank statements. So make copies. My wife started her new job earlier this month and dont have any insurance copies yet so i was afraid that we dont have enough proof. So i took out our phone bills and printed out are calls and highlighted 7 months work of conversation between my wife and I. But at that point I guess the IO was already determined that we were ok so she said its ok I believe you guys are for real. So she didnt bother. She also took our pay stubs and made a copy of my nursing license.

guys my interview is just a few days away!!! :D this is soo nerve-racking and exciting at the same time!!I just gave loads of documents this morning for my husband to make copies of at work and then we'll be set! well I still need to print out some pictures from our wedding and organize it in an album...

congratulations beautiful! can you please share your experience at the interview? mine is coming in less than 2 weeks!! :eek:

congratulations beautiful! can you please share your experience at the interview? mine is coming in less than 2 weeks!! :eek:
The interview was really quick! It literally lasted 10min. My husband and I got there early, the room was packed! We checked in and then sat there to wait. About 20min later this young guy calls us in. He swore us in, then asked for our ids(he took my i-94 when i gave him my passport). Then started asking me questions from my i-485, like my name, where I was born, my mom's name. Then the yes/no questions from i-485, to both of us. He asked us how we met. Then he asked me if P was my husband, he asked me my husband's name, date of birth, where we got married, if our family was there. He was really in a hurry so these were quick-fired questions. I gave him an album which he flipped through really fast. He asked if we had any evidence to submit, we gave him a whole pile of things. Then he said ok I'm gonna end the interview here, i will review your file but I'm inclined to approve your application, so you will be hearing from us in 30 days, you'll get your green card in the mail.!!!!
I say if your case is straightforward, if you send a lot of evidence initially, and your marriage is legitimate, there should be no problems!
God is good!!

but hey polar my advice is be prepared, it might b a quick interview for you or you might get a difficult IO. So it is always good to prepare for the worse, because it makes it less nerve-racking. Bring in all the papers they ask, but don't offer anything unless they ask you. NEVER say I think so. :p I guess I was so nervous that when he asked me if those were my only two passports I said yeah I think so :p I was so silly. I said because i've been traveling ever since I was a baby, so my mom might have some really old expired passport from when i was a baby. But obviously that's not what the IO was thinking when he asked me that :p but anyhow...just say either yes or no or the answer to the question.