May 2011 Filers

Green Card in hand May Filers!! :D Thank you all for sharing this journey with me!! I'm praying all of you will receive your greencard soon as well!! :) I will keep lurking around the forum and helping out in each way i can! See you all in 2 years for the removal of conditions :)

I wonder though, why didn't they use the picture we sent because the picture I they took of me at biometrics is awful :'( i'm stuck with an awful picture for 2 years....oh well at least i have a GC :D

wow, that interview was a breeeeze. my appointment was at 1:45pm. i got there at 1:10 and waited for about 40 minutes. a nice hispanic lady in her 40s called us in, sweared us in, and proceeded to go through i-485 with me. then she asked us for joint documents: i gave her joint bank account, joint health insurance, joint utility bills, and joint car title. she didnt even want to look at the pictures saying "you have no idea how many couples bring pictures of themselves nude and having sex just to prove a point....so no, i dont usually ask to see photos" yikes!

and after about 5 minutes she took my EAD card and stamped a sheet that said "congratulations you have been approved"....and out the door we went. 1 hour later my case status was updated to Card Production.

i was expecting the worst case scenerio and it turned out to be a doozy :p

good luck everyone! dont stress too much like i did! haha.

wow, that interview was a breeeeze. my appointment was at 1:45pm. i got there at 1:10 and waited for about 40 minutes. a nice hispanic lady in her 40s called us in, sweared us in, and proceeded to go through i-485 with me. then she asked us for joint documents: i gave her joint bank account, joint health insurance, joint utility bills, and joint car title. she didnt even want to look at the pictures saying "you have no idea how many couples bring pictures of themselves nude and having sex just to prove a point....so no, i dont usually ask to see photos" yikes!

and after about 5 minutes she took my EAD card and stamped a sheet that said "congratulations you have been approved"....and out the door we went. 1 hour later my case status was updated to Card Production.

Awesome! You should've pulled out the photo book and said "speaking of nude photos..." :)

Awesome! You should've pulled out the photo book and said "speaking of nude photos..." :)

lol... good luck say what. anything on appointment? you filed almost the same time as me and yet i progressed so much faster... you should call. I havent heard anything from them from like 2 weeks after i sent it and they followed up on it... you should just call even if they tell you, you gotta wait so atleast they've received some notice that they should get on your paper work.

lol... good luck say what. anything on appointment? you filed almost the same time as me and yet i progressed so much faster... you should call. I havent heard anything from them from like 2 weeks after i sent it and they followed up on it... you should just call even if they tell you, you gotta wait so atleast they've received some notice that they should get on your paper work.

I have a concurrent pending employment based application, and NBC is waiting on TSC to send that file to NBC... I don't know how long it will take but it looks like, I spoke with an officer yesterday and they said there isn't anything else they can do about it. So I'm waiting for a little while... Sucks I know.

But hey at least I got my EAD/AP combo today.

congrats polar!!! :D yes i know we shouldnt stress too much but it kind of is inevitable :p hey after they've updated the online status it usually takes about 10 business days for the green card to arrive so expect it in the mail soon!

SUCCESSFUL interview!!

Hey all,

I had my AOS interview on 9/20 in the morning..and to make a long story short..it went really well!!! The IO was very straightforward with the I-485 questions but lightened up and began an open conversation about my interests and career path. He only asked my wife ONE question.."How did you and your husband meet?" Then he said.."Ok, I am going to approve your GC as of right now..congratulations." God is truly awesome! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Advice: RELAX and be honest..and all will work. The interview is not tricky whatsoever. God Bless everyone in this process! :)

Hey all,

I had my AOS interview on 9/20 in the morning..and to make a long story short..it went really well!!! The IO was very straightforward with the I-485 questions but lightened up and began an open conversation about my interests and career path. He only asked my wife ONE question.."How did you and your husband meet?" Then he said.."Ok, I am going to approve your GC as of right now..congratulations." God is truly awesome! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Advice: RELAX and be honest..and all will work. The interview is not tricky whatsoever. God Bless everyone in this process! :)

Amen Eerobert!! congrats to you as well!! :)

Congrats to polar and eerobert. I am not seeing any denials in any of the interviews that happened so far. Its very encouraging news for all.

approved and Received GC

Hi,

I have been approved, i had answer simple questions and was told it is approved, maybe the reason was because i already had a daughter with my wife who is an American Citizen.

I wish you good luck

God bless

Interview

I'm happy to report that my interview date is finally set: November 9th. Wish me luck!!!

Good luck!! Youre the last one. Glad USCIS is finally getting to you.

Thank you asj, I'll let everyone know how the interview goes. Although I am the last one to post here, I'm posting with the hopes that the future applicants can use this information.

green card production ordered

On October 5, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

How long is the wait????

On October 5, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

How long is the wait????

about 10 days :) congrats!!

How long is this wait.... it went from card production to post activity and to this...

On October 12, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.