May 2011 Filers

ozma...thisisit....Congrats!!

polar: you'll get your interview letter soon. I guess the delay is probably due to your local office overload.

my local office is los angeles. i hope they are not too overloaded. im hoping to get my gc before september is over.

Reading all of your comments post-interview I feel a lot more hopeful than I did a few weeks ago.

Had a quick question: My wife and I had a civil marriage. We went to the court house, signed papers, and were sworn in then and there. It was just my wife and I. No family was involved. Will that be a problem when we go interview with USCIS? Have you guys heard of anybody in a similar situation as us?

Obviously lets get real, its a bit unusual. Just be prepared to have convincing reasons as to why there were no friends, family, etc. However it is not unheard of and there are people who have been approved in your situation. Make sure you have the other stuff, comingling of finances, joint assets, proof of relationship prior to marriage, you know the whole shebang. The more the better.

Reading all of your comments post-interview I feel a lot more hopeful than I did a few weeks ago.

Had a quick question: My wife and I had a civil marriage. We went to the court house, signed papers, and were sworn in then and there. It was just my wife and I. No family was involved. Will that be a problem when we go interview with USCIS? Have you guys heard of anybody in a similar situation as us?

Well, I know it is a bit uncommon, but it is this way because both of our families would not accept us being married due to cultural/religious reasons. That said, I have know her as friends for a long time, since high school days. We also dated for about a year before we got married and have pictures and concert tickets, etc. to prove it. I guess we will have to make copies and take all of that with us.

Obviously lets get real, its a bit unusual. Just be prepared to have convincing reasons as to why there were no friends, family, etc. However it is not unheard of and there are people who have been approved in your situation. Make sure you have the other stuff, comingling of finances, joint assets, proof of relationship prior to marriage, you know the whole shebang. The more the better.

Well, I know it is a bit uncommon, but it is this way because both of our families would not accept us being married due to cultural/religious reasons. That said, I have know her as friends for a long time, since high school days. We also dated for about a year before we got married and have pictures and concert tickets, etc. to prove it. I guess we will have to make copies and take all of that with us.
Don't worry I know many of my friends who got married without anyone as it could be financial problems, family problems(families abroad, difference, disable etc.) sometimes people don't have time to go to weddings unless its during weekends!! Civil marriages=no weekends ;-D just chill about your situation but make sure to have convincing answer why just you two.....especially if you don't even have formal dinner party afterwords means any of the days after wedding(its not too late...if you didnt have any just invite few friends and have some nice snaps)!!

The exact same situation here. No friends, no family. No pictures. We were living together but didn't tell anyone we were married for a couple months, the family and friends just thought we were engaged because we got married pretty quickly, didn't want to freak anybody out. Everybody was really happy when they found out though we kinda felt bad. The marriage is totally bona fide. Of course we have lots and lots of other proof, but no wedding photos.we decided to have a ceremony later plus we didn't have too much money. So I've been freaking out about this too, but I know there are many couples who have been in the same situation and got approved. So lets not worry too much.

i need to know what type os questions they gonna ask me.. my step father is filling for me.. I am 20yrs old.. interview date is august 25..

The exact same situation here. No friends, no family. No pictures. We were living together but didn't tell anyone we were married for a couple months, the family and friends just thought we were engaged because we got married pretty quickly, didn't want to freak anybody out. Everybody was really happy when they found out though we kinda felt bad. The marriage is totally bona fide. Of course we have lots and lots of other proof, but no wedding photos.we decided to have a ceremony later plus we didn't have too much money. So I've been freaking out about this too, but I know there are many couples who have been in the same situation and got approved. So lets not worry too much.

If you had any witnesses at your wedding ask them to write an affidavit. They would need to include their information and information about how they know you and that they were at your wedding.

I wish you good luck but this place Lee Summit MO is so much slow i have submitted mine on 5/11/2011 still no EAD and my online status from day one is same now i am really getting worried.

I wish you good luck but this place Lee Summit MO is so much slow i have submitted mine on 5/11/2011 still no EAD and my online status from day one is same now i am really getting worried.

i would give them a call and see whats up. as for me, i'm still waiting on my IL. i see others getting their interviews done already so im starting to get a little impatient as well :\

I have a question how many documents do i have to bring for proof that we're living together? The lease to the apt is on both our names, i'm included in his bank account, but thats about it, none of the bills are under my name or anything like that since we didnt know how to put them on both our names. ??? I'm also a dependent on his insurance.

I have a question how many documents do i have to bring for proof that we're living together? The lease to the apt is on both our names, i'm included in his bank account, but thats about it, none of the bills are under my name or anything like that since we didnt know how to put them on both our names. ??? I'm also a dependent on his insurance.

I am in the same boat. I have the lease, car insurance, and savings acct in both our names. Since she has no SSN I cant put her in my health insurance.

Simple answer is bring as many as you CAN. For those you cannot get, don't stress!

any May filers from Los Angeles who still hasnt received interview letter???? anybody else? thought i wouldve received the IL by now.....getting anxious!