• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

First VB for 2015 dv winners!

Hello everyone,

I am planning to show my bank statement from UK as evidence of my financial ability to support myself. My question is, how much do i need to have in my bank & for how long? I mean the money should be in the bank for certain period or not?

Thanks..

Hello everyone,

I am planning to show my bank statement from UK as evidence of my financial ability to support myself. My question is, how much do i need to have in my bank & for how long? I mean the money should be in the bank for certain period or not?

Thanks..

Around $10k per adult - around $25k for a family of 4.

Thank you @Britsimon, do I need to have that amount for some weeks of months? I mean prior to the interview..

In addition to Simon's response, if the plan is to suddenly dump a large amount of money into the account a couple of weeks before the interview, be ready to explain the source of the money as they could very well query that.

hello everyone and thanks for this great forum!

I am DV-2015 winner from Iran, number 10***

my question: will i be put automatically under administrative processing just for being iranian? (if i did get a chance for interview of course)
i'm really worried about this
thank you so much

I wouldn't say for certain you will be put on AP just for being Iranian, however, the possibility of that happening is high.

thanks for your swift reply!

I was looking at latest CEAC data, and it showed that some of the winners who had interviews last month are put under processing, what will happen to them, in other words can they clear those cases in 2 months (til 30 september), if not then it doesn't make sense to schedule new appointments whre applicants will pay visa fees and medical and etc for nothing..am i wrong?

thank you :)

Some AP cases clear quite fast, but some will take longer. The embassies will try to clear the AP cases if they can, but not all will clear. You will need to consider that scenario for your case - given your high number.

Thank you sir!

and an estimation for my interview date would be july/august 2015, right?
then my hope would be that they will clear me in 2 months..

Most likely August and perhaps even September (I expect KCC to slow down Iran and Nepal much sooner this year).