F2Bs KINDLY SHARE YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

hey, I don't know what does that mean. Generally, USCIS website where you go n login..I never logged in to NVC website..

The US consulate in Mumbai says I don't need to submit a PCC from local passport office since I obtained it from Indian consualte in USA. But for being in safer side, I will obtain it..

My parents were here so busy in traveling with him. Nothing major prep is going on. Just reading on forum and NVC website as well Mumbai's website.. Gathering all required docs and pics.

What r u doing? any luck with interview date? I pray to God you get it very soon..

hey sky

glad u r very armed and prepared for your interview, as for me am just here waiting if anything will come from nvc, i called them all through this week hoping to get some news from there, but for real nothing , my case is still waiting to be scheduled for an interview in lagos. am so tired f waiting right now. but am just gonna focus on other things, my pcc will expire on 21st august as the one i sent to the nvc is only valid for 3 months. so am just gonna wait for the interview letter after which i will go and obtain another one in readiness for the interview , i know consular officers usually do not grant visas on expired pcc, so to be safe i will obtain another when am going for the interview, but for the interview date is still as unknown as anything.

take good care of yourself dude

Dont worry everythings gonna be ok. . . . .my mom's pcc expired b4 goin for d interview, the co didnt even bother to ask. . . She got it feb 2006 and the interview took place in november of the same year.

hey, i know this wait is killing for you..just be patient. it will happen..you are lined up for it..they did not forget you..

I booked my ticket for Mumbai..leaving on 27th aug..The NVC has updated my status: The NVC has completed the processing of this case and it has been forwarded to consulate/embassy in Mumbai in Aug 11..

Their process is kind of weired. My case was completed on June 30. I got my appointment letter on July 28..and Aug 11 then sent it to the mumbai..

anyways, keep me posted..just relax..dont think too much about it..it will happen soon. u can check with lagos consulate to see if they have any waiting period

Hello Sky 701,
Sorry to bother you, i have a quick question , i am in F2b category and live in Canada "F1 in Us before", it seems that U sent ds3032 and ds230 from US "h1" and doing the medical/interview in India, was there any problem/question when u filled DS230 from a US address, and then NVC forwarded your interview to India embassy ? did u tell them ahead of time u wanted to do it that way?
I want to do everything from Canada and do the interview in my native country, that's why i am asking this question, the reason is that i dont wanna spend 6 months in my country between ds3032, ds230 and interview, and i dont wanna do the interview in montreal, since it takes 6-7months alone to just get an interview date after NVC is complete.
Congratulations for the interview and Thanks again,
John

hi John,,

Yes, I filed my DS3032 and DS230 from US only. No issue with that. You do not need to inform anything in advance. Just fill out the forms normally as if you are doing from yr home country. Only if you want to apply for the adjustment of status, you need to inform the NVC otherwise they will forward you case to the consulate of yr home country..

Btw, which is yr native country?

Hey sky good to hear from ya, thanks for the words of encouragement, I'd be fine just hoping this interview could just come and go like a flash.

Thanks a lot sky701 for your quick response,
i am from Tunisia, lived in the US as F1 and moved to Canada after graduation, so now, planning to go back to US, but a bit worried about the economy and mainly The IT sector,
John

sulebraimah: yes, it will happen like it..dont worry..check with the NVC on 20th aug as they have asked you earlier..just ask them what's holding off with your case since yr pd is current..

John; good to know. you should put your present address in DS 230 form..your case will be automatically forwarded to your home country's consulate..

Thanks sky007,
I didnt know this little detail about the DS230 address should be in Canada where i am, i was gonna put the tunisia address while still In Canada, but thanks for pointing this out to me, really appreciate it,
Good luck,
John

The US consulate in Mumbai has posted its September visa schedule..Likewise, I am sure the consualte in lagos must have done it. You can check it for your name in it..If not, then probably you are scheduled for October

Hey sulebraimah, neither NVC nor the consulate schedules medical appointment..You have to schedule it by yourself once you get your visa interview letter..it is upto you how early you want to schedule it before yr interview..In Mumbai, you generally get the reports at the same day in the evening..

You should be ready with the hosptial where you would like to do yr medical incase if you have many options..You can schedule it only after u get yr interview date.

Hope this helps..

Hey Sky701,
I have a new question for you, were u in the US when your parent sponsored you under the F2B Category, or were U back in India, the reason i am asking because i was in the US when i was sponsored by my parent under F2B and i don't remember whether i chose the option to apply abroad or adjustment of status?
Thanks again Sky,
John

Hi Johnny,

I was in India at the time of filing I-130..if you have your copy of I-130 with you then you could see it.