• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi all,

I had my interview this morning in NYC and I know one other member has an interview tomorrow (albeit different location), so I wanted to give a quick update.

My interview was super smooth. My passport, 1NL, W2, degree and high school certificates and marriage certificate were requested, then I was walked through the yes/no questions. All done.

My husband was a little thrown on two things:
1. His degree certificates were requested. He did not have these as our interview was on short notice (his mom mailed them but we haven't got them yet), and we assumed that these were not required for him as my derivative. We did however have evidence of him being in skilled employment that requires training etc. etc (can't remember the exact clause) and his W2s, which should be sufficient regardless (?)
2. He got thrown on address- when questioned, he stated his last address outside of the USA as being a corporate apartment that he had lived in for two months prior to moving to the States, having forgotten that the i485 only wants the last address you have lived for over a year, thus he had entered his address prior to that on the form. He says this caused a little confusion with the case officer- he was only reminded of the 'longer than a year' when we got back home.

Other than that it sounds like his interview went smoothly- we were both interviewed separately and he was only asked how we met and my DOB.

I will of course be refreshing case status and keep y'all updated of how this goes.
Congrats!!! I am that user who will have an interview tomorrow . Thanks for remembering me and writing this. Hope I will come with good news tomorrow!

The IO was over-zealous in requesting for your spouse's degree certificates. Derivatives are not required to demonstrate they meet the educational requirement, not unless you had cross charged to your spouse's country of birth.

Congratulations. Please remember to update the Timeline spreadsheet.
My thoughts exactly re. spousal requirements… I have read too much of your advice given over the years!

I will of course be updating the spreadsheet… it appears that the permissions have changed? When I went to update it earlier I had read only access and had to request write access.

Thank you so much again. Your advice and instructions have been incredible and is so very much appreciated.

For the DV admin fee of $330.

Who does the cashier check get made out to? I checked on the AOS links provided but couldn’t see it spelt out.

U.S. Department of State / Diversity Visa Program

Thank you!

Just to double check. Does paying the DV admin fee trigger immigration intent? I know the AOS fee does?

I’m asking because our family is on a rollercoaster of a deadline regarding my husbands job. He may potentially change roles within the next week/month and is currently on E3. If he changes he’ll need to get a new E3 via premium processing through USCIS.

I want to be mindful of the DV timeline but need to ensure he remains in status.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
My recent updates - I've checked my USCIS account today morning (April 11th) and noticed this case update :
April 10, 2024 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

On the one hand I believe it's a good sign but on the other hand today afternoon I got a mail from my local USCIS FO dated by the April 8th with RFE request, BUT I read the letter many times and didn't see anything that could be requested (please see the screenshots). And even more they stated that I received this letter "based on being the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant petition". What's going on..? I would highly appreciated your comments!

Attachments

• RFE.jpg
    RFE.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 33
  • RFE-2.jpg
    RFE-2.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 32
Hello @ Reigns (#22 in DV 2024 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet).
Is your field office no longer in Chicago,IL?? :eek:

Hi @nnnnn (#17 in DV 2024 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet).
Didn't find you on the forum with this nickname. I don't insist, but it would be great to be in touch with you on this forum. ;)
We have a difference in filing time of only a month (same FO, even same current status).
Please let me know when something changes in your case. I will also let you know here on this forum in this thread.

Hey my friend @Plus19
How is it going? any changes?
[ «:fingers crossed:» ]
By the way, contacting Emma's living agent turned out to be not so difficult. But I have no luck with them, they only provide me a link to check the status.... :rolleyes:
We sent our RFE responses on March 20th. Both our RFE answers total around 500 pages. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the answer right now.

Yesterday, my spouse's EAD was approved. But my EAD is still pending.

Thank you!

Just to double check. Does paying the DV admin fee trigger immigration intent? I know the AOS fee does?

I’m asking because our family is on a rollercoaster of a deadline regarding my husbands job. He may potentially change roles within the next week/month and is currently on E3. If he changes he’ll need to get a new E3 via premium processing through USCIS.

I want to be mindful of the DV timeline but need to ensure he remains in status.
Yes, making the DV administrative fee payment signifies an immigrant intent. It however is unlikely to lead to a denial of a COS or EOS application with USCIS because they’re unlikely to have an immediate visibility into the payment.

Hi everyone.
My recent updates - I've checked my USCIS account today morning (April 11th) and noticed this case update :
April 10, 2024 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

On the one hand I believe it's a good sign but on the other hand today afternoon I got a mail from my local USCIS FO dated by the April 8th with RFE request, BUT I read the letter many times and didn't see anything that could be requested (please see the screenshots). And even more they stated that I received this letter "based on being the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant petition". What's going on..? I would highly appreciated your comments!
1. Is the RFE for you or for your derivative/dependent?
Hopefully, you kept copies of the I-485 forms which you submitted, so you need to take a look at the form and answer the following questions:
2. Which option did you select for Part 2. Question 1?
3. How did you answer Part 2, Questions 3 - 9?

We sent our RFE responses on March 20th. Both our RFE answers total around 500 pages. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the answer right now.

About 500 page response to demonstrate you physically attended the language school as required? Wow! That is quite a lot of paperwork for the IO to wade through.

1. Is the RFE for you or for your derivative/dependent?
Hopefully, you kept copies of the I-485 forms which you submitted, so you need to take a look at the form and answer the following questions:
2. Which option did you select for Part 2. Question 1?
3. How did you answer Part 2, Questions 3 - 9?
1. I'm the main applicant. RFE was sent to me/ my name.
2. I-485, Part 2. Question 1 : 1.g. Diversity Visa program
3. I-485, Part 2, Questions 3 - 9 : N/A

Attachments

• I-485_Part2.jpg
    I-485_Part2.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 17
1. I'm the main applicant. RFE was sent to me/ my name.
2. I-485, Part 2. Question 1 : 1.g. Diversity Visa program
3. I-485, Part 2, Questions 3 - 9 : N/A
Ok, that’s good.

Respond back to the RFE with a letter stating your application is based on being a DV selectee, and not based on being the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant petition. Include a copy of your 1NL and 2NL, DV payment receipt, and a copy of your previously submitted I-485 with the sections I asked above highlighted. Point out in your response letter that you selected option 1.g to question 1 on the I-485, and that your did not provide any approved petition information on the form because you have no applicable approved underlying petition.

Ok, that’s good.

Respond back to the RFE with a letter stating your application is based on being a DV selectee, and not based on being the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant petition. Include a copy of your 1NL and 2NL, DV payment receipt, and a copy of your previously submitted I-485 with the sections I asked above highlighted. Point out in your response letter that you selected option 1.g to question 1 on the I-485, and that your did not provide any approved petition information on the form because you have no applicable approved underlying petition.
Thank you for your explanation! I'm also confused that this RFE was dated by the April 8th, but this state wasn't reflected in my USCIS account at all, and on the April 10th I got: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview.
I'm wondering if the RFE was sent by mistake , and an immigration officer noticed that and moved the case status to schedule an interview. Might be it ?

Thank you for your explanation! I'm also confused that this RFE was dated by the April 8th, but this state wasn't reflected in my USCIS account at all, and on the April 10th I got: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview.
I'm wondering if the RFE was sent by mistake , and an immigration officer noticed that and moved the case status to schedule an interview. Might be it ?
It is possible. However mistake or not, I highly recommend you send in your response ASAP! Not unless you receive an updated notification asking you to ignore the RFE.

Glad to see your answer!
I check the status of the case every day with hope, but nothing has changed yet.

did you submit the i-765 after filing the AOS? or at the same time?

Oh, yes, you’re right.

I was using sprintax to file my taxes before, but I am not sure if I can still use it for 2023 taxes if my status changed in 2024.
You cannot file as a nonresident if you have your Green Card, even, Sprintax initially asks about it in the first section. Additionally, I asked a live agent, and they confirmed that the timing of receiving your GC doesn’t matter; you are considered a resident if you have a GC, even if it was obtained on April 14th.

Hi Mom, I just entered my information into the spreadsheet. Compared to other cases with my FO, they received their approval within 1-3 weeks. I've completed my bio sooner than Silverwolf. Should I do something as a follow-up process? When should I consider making a request to the Congressman?