• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, I made an adjustment to the table. What can you say about my case? Thank you so mush!
I’m not sure where you made the updates, I still do not see the month your case was current, and most importantly your FO, plus the ASC on the Timeline spreadsheet. I can’t help you without those information.

@Sm1smom I was able to get on the phone with an agent to get more info. Apparently the AR11 reflected and the address was changed. They will however not issue a confirmation letter to notify me of the address change. The case is still with the FO from my old apartment. I guess all I have to do now is wait.

@Sm1smom I was able to get on the phone with an agent to get more info. Apparently the AR11 reflected and the address was changed. They will however not issue a confirmation letter to notify me of the address change. The case is still with the FO from my old apartment. I guess all I have to do now is wait.
Thanks for the update.

I’m not sure where you made the updates, I still do not see the month your case was current, and most importantly your FO, plus the ASC on the Timeline spreadsheet. I can’t help you without those information.
Thank you for your time. Now I'm sure I've made changes. what do you think about my case?

Thank you for your time. Now I'm sure I've made changes. what do you think about my case?
Yeah, I see your updates now. So your FO is Seattle, WA. There’s another case from your FO also, filed in October, about two months before you, which is still waiting for an update just like you. A look at the DV2023 Timeline spreadsheet shows your FO waited until June before they started approving DV based AOS cases, in fairness the earliest of those was filed in February, I believe.

So in terms of what you should next: you have the option of waiting and monitoring the other case from your FO which was filed before yours - that other case is also listed on the Timeline spreadsheet. You also have the option of initiating a congressional case follow-up assistance. This will require you reaching out to your congressman/woman and requesting their assistance with contacting your FO to get an update on your case.

Yeah, I see your updates now. So your FO is Seattle, WA. There’s another case from your FO also, filed in October, about two months before you, which is still waiting for an update just like you. A look at the DV2023 Timeline spreadsheet shows your FO waited until June before they started approving DV based AOS cases, in fairness the earliest of those was filed in February, I believe.

So in terms of what you should next: you have the option of waiting and monitoring the other case from your FO which was filed before yours - that other case is also listed on the Timeline spreadsheet. You also have the option of initiating a congressional case follow-up assistance. This will require you reaching out to your congressman/woman and requesting their assistance with contacting your FO to get an update on your case.
Hi, I would like to ask about the address that I sent my package today, the UPS clerk told me it’s okay to send my package to (box 4109) 2500 Westfield drive Elgin, IL 60124-7700 is instead of 7836. because when they put it on the system it’s that address will come up. Would that be okay? Should I be worried? Thanks!

We are waiting for April 16th to send an inquiry to USCIS about the AOS. Our FO is Seattle.
After that, the next step is in 11 to start a congressional inquiry.
We will post updates as we take the steps we laid down

Hi, I would like to ask about the address that I sent my package today, the UPS clerk told me it’s okay to send my package to (box 4109) 2500 Westfield drive Elgin, IL 60124-7700 is instead of 7836. because when they put it on the system it’s that address will come up. Would that be okay? Should I be worried? Thanks!
That shouldn’t be a problem.

We are waiting for April 16th to send an inquiry to USCIS about the AOS. Our FO is Seattle.
After that, the next step is in 11 to start a congressional inquiry.
We will post updates as we take the steps we laid down
Thanks for updating us on the steps you’re taking

thank you very much for your answer! help me find information on how to initiate a congressional case of follow-up assistance. you wrote: «This will require you reaching out to your congressman/woman and requesting their assistance with contacting your FO to get an update on your case.» How does this usually happen? Should I find the congressman's office and go there or write? Is there any information on how to do this correctly?

thank you very much for your answer! help me find information on how to initiate a congressional case of follow-up assistance. you wrote: «This will require you reaching out to your congressman/woman and requesting their assistance with contacting your FO to get an update on your case.» How does this usually happen? Should I find the congressman's office and go there or write? Is there any information on how to do this correctly?
Take a look at the “AOS FAQ” tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet. It contains the information on how to initiate a congressional inquiry and additional information on several other DV based AOS related questions.

I’ve updated recently that my interview is next week. Question; if all goes well and is approved, is it ok to travel internationally and reenter the country while GC is in production? I take it our (dual intent) visas would be invalidated by the GC approval and we may require other forms of documentation to reenter? Or that it may not be advisable/permissible?

Hoping to make it to a wedding by which time we should realistically have the cards if approved, but want to consider all factors.

Hello. It looks like I'm blocked or smth. Is it a mistake or what happened? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_104105_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_104105_Sheets.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 24
I’ve updated recently that my interview is next week. Question; if all goes well and is approved, is it ok to travel internationally and reenter the country while GC is in production? I take it our (dual intent) visas would be invalidated by the GC approval and we may require other forms of documentation to reenter? Or that it may not be advisable/permissible?

Hoping to make it to a wedding by which time we should realistically have the cards if approved, but want to consider all factors.
Not advisable to depart without a proof of approval as in a temporary I-551 GC stamped on your passport or the physical GC itself. Once approved, your current status becomes invalid and you can no longer use the visa attached to it to seek readmission back to the US.

Hi all.
Who's a Happyman from the DV 2024 AOS Timeline Spreadsheet (Dallas FO)? Could you share your progress, please?

Not advisable to depart without a proof of approval as in a temporary I-551 GC stamped on your passport or the physical GC itself. Once approved, your current status becomes invalid and you can no longer use the visa attached to it to seek readmission back to the US.
Many thanks for this! realistically we should have the cards in time, but good to temper expectations of those expecting us!

Hi,
Do I have to write the derivative member's name or the principal name or both on the money order for I-485 application for family members. if so do I have to write the name of the derivative on the line where it says "From" or on the memo line?

Thank you

Hi,
Do I have to write the derivative member's name or the principal name or both on the money order for I-485 application for family members. if so do I have to write the name of the derivative on the line where it says "From" or on the memo line?

Thank you
I'm not sure how your money order looks like, or where you got the money order from. The different money orders I have come across in the past have no "From" section on it. Nonetheless, if what you have as a "From" section, yes you can write the name of the person whose application is in support of on it. And for the memo section, you can indicate what the payment is for.