• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

It’s hard for me to respond to your questions without some needed background information about your case. So I recommend adding your timeline to the 2024 Timeline spreadsheet which will provide us with more insights and assist with answering your questions.
My timeline is listed as in ka_925, Thank you !!

My timeline is listed as in ka_925, Thank you !!
Listing a different username on the Timeline spreadsheet, from that which is being used in the forum makes it hard to cross-reference information as needed and to respond to questions accordingly. So you should consider using the same username on both platforms.

Hello Mom,
Firstly, I want to express my gratitude for your support and for providing us with this amazing resource I literally could have done nothing without you.
I have a few questions.
1. It has been more than 90 days or 3 months since the case was updated is that normal?
2. I need to travel in July; should I apply for an I-131 advance travel parole? Will there be enough time for processing, or should I just hope that my adjustment of the status process for the pending case gets completed before then?
3- If yes, how can I file my I-131 is it online or by mail just like how I filed my I-485 same address? Do I still need to pay the April 1 fee even though I filed my application well before that date?
1. Yes it is not unusual to not see any further updates until after the case has been adjudicated. Previous DV based AOSers (DV2022 & DV2023) from the same FO as you had their interviews waived, which is good new. So you can remain patient at this point for now, while keeping your fingers crossed, or initiate a congressional case inquiry assistance if you prefer.
2. That’s your call, I can’t tell you if you should submit Form I-131 at this point or not. I don’t know the urgency behind your need to travel in July.
3. You can file online or by mail. If you filed your I-485 before April 1, 2024 there will be no fee to file Forms I-131 or I-765 while your I-485 remains pending.

@Plus19 Hi, I noticed in the spreadsheet that you successfully completed an early walk-in at ASC Chicago! Do they typically accept walk-ins, or was this an exception? What time did you visit? Did you provide a specific reason for the early walk-in? Also, is the ASC located in Burbank, IL, as I believe? Thanks a lot!

Hey @Sm1smom, I have reached the congressman office and they told me that they only can ask the USICS about my case update, but can not ask them to look into my case or why my case is delayed. Is that normally what they can do?

Hey @Sm1smom, I have reached the congressman office and they told me that they only can ask the USICS about my case update, but can not ask them to look into my case or why my case is delayed. Is that normally what they can do?
That is correct. The congressman/woman's office sends in a case update request/inquiry - they cannot ask for an explanation of why a case is delayed, or ask for the case to be adjudicated. The FO will respond as they deem fit.

For applications with multiple family members:

Did your Civil Surgeon put each of the I-693s in separate envelopes, or the whole families in one envelope?

I'm thinking for the AOS package assembly, that having them separate would be better - each family members documentation, check and medical exam would all be bundled separately.

But wasn't sure if most Civil Surgeons have a specific way of doing it?

Did your Civil Surgeon put each of the I-693s in separate envelopes, or the whole families in one envelope?

I'm thinking for the AOS package assembly, that having them separate would be better - each family members documentation, check and medical exam would all be bundled separately.

Our CS had mentioned it is advisable to have them separately to keep each application independent as possible.

Separate.

Hello!
I'm about to send my I485s as the cut-off is nearing, but I have 2 remaining questions:
- I have certified translations of the supporting documents from past visa applications (birth certificates, diplomas, marriage certificates) - Can I reuse the same documents? Translations were not done in 2024, so, do the translations need to be "fresh"?
- I'm interested in the response to the question from megdavidson26 above: to clarify, do I need to send my wife's application separately from my application, and then USCIS will reconcile both applications while processing them?

Thanks for the support! Very much appreciated.

Have a great day.

Hello!
I'm about to send my I485s as the cut-off is nearing, but I have 2 remaining questions:
- I have certified translations of the supporting documents from past visa applications (birth certificates, diplomas, marriage certificates) - Can I reuse the same documents? Translations were not done in 2024, so, do the translations need to be "fresh"?
- I'm interested in the response to the question from megdavidson26 above: to clarify, do I need to send my wife's application separately from my application, and then USCIS will reconcile both applications while processing them?

Thanks for the support! Very much appreciated.

Have a great day.
1. How long ago were they done? And do you have the original copies of the translations or what you have is the photocopy?
2. You should prepare each set of application and their applicable supporting documents for each person separately. Then mail everything together as one.

1. How long ago were they done? And do you have the original copies of the translations or what you have is the photocopy?
2. You should prepare each set of application and their applicable supporting documents for each person separately. Then mail everything together as one.
Thanks for answering so fast. My diploma was translated in Feb. 2020, it is a pdf.
The marriage certificate was translated in Nov. 2017, it's a PDF also.
Birth certificates were translated in 2022, both are pdf.
Should the translator send me hard copies or are printouts of electronic copies acceptable?
Thanks.

I have a question for whomever got a reply to a congressional inquiry. We have just received the following answer and it looks to me like it is a standard one but I want to check.

Is it fair to assess that my case has passed all the ‘background checks’ and other ‘agency checks’ and it is in que for scheduling? Or it means nothing the response from USCIS, except that they have the file and that is it.

Thank you for your inquiry, dated April 9, 2024, on behalf of your constituent, ……. ……, regarding her pending Form I-485 Permanent Residence/Adjust Status (Family).

We have confirmed that this case remains pending at Seattle Field Office and will be scheduled for an eligibility interview when an interview slot becomes available. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when an interview is scheduled or if additional information is requested prior to the interview.

We respectfully request you allow at least 45 days from the date of this email before following up on the status of the case.

Thank you.

Thanks for answering so fast. My diploma was translated in Feb. 2020, it is a pdf.
The marriage certificate was translated in Nov. 2017, it's a PDF also.
Birth certificates were translated in 2022, both are pdf.
Should the translator send me hard copies or are printouts of electronic copies acceptable?
Thanks.
Again, are the PDF versions which you have of all those documents the original version, or copies? If the PDF versions which you have are the original versions, or you have the actual electronic versions of the documents sent to you by the translator(s), you should be okay. If they are not the original version, I would recommend getting new translated documents.

I have a question for whomever got a reply to a congressional inquiry. We have just received the following answer and it looks to me like it is a standard one but I want to check.

Is it fair to assess that my case has passed all the ‘background checks’ and other ‘agency checks’ and it is in que for scheduling? Or it means nothing the response from USCIS, except that they have the file and that is it.

Thank you for your inquiry, dated April 9, 2024, on behalf of your constituent, ……. ……, regarding her pending Form I-485 Permanent Residence/Adjust Status (Family).

We have confirmed that this case remains pending at Seattle Field Office and will be scheduled for an eligibility interview when an interview slot becomes available. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when an interview is scheduled or if additional information is requested prior to the interview.

We respectfully request you allow at least 45 days from the date of this email before following up on the status of the case.

Thank you.
It is not necessarily an indication of having cleared the background check. It however confirms the FO has received the file from the NBC.

It is not necessarily an indication of having cleared the background check. It however confirms the FO has received the file from the NBC.
Thank you. On Feb 6th we did found out that the file was in Seattle. I was just expecting to make some progress in these past 2+ months.
I guess we continue to hurry up and wait.

Hello everyone,
I wrote my information to the excel file. We submitted our apications on january 12(our number was current for january)and got an appointment for february 5th for fingerprints(for my wife and son, my biometrics reused) but we havent received any account access code. And there is no any action since february 5th. Is that normal?

Hello everyone,
I wrote my information to the excel file. We submitted our apications on january 12(our number was current for january)and got an appointment for february 5th for fingerprints(for my wife and son, my biometrics reused) but we havent received any account access code. And there is no any action since february 5th. Is that normal?
1. USCIS does not create nor send account access codes for DV cases.
2. Yes, it is normal.

p.s. it helps when forum username matches what is listed on the Timeline spreadsheet, so consider updating your username on the Timeline spreadsheet.

Clarifying question:

The AOS spreadsheet (tab: AOS package) under the children section (column D) states:
"New fee applicable regardless of age" $1,440 as of April 1, 2024.

However, the USCIS website fee calculator for I-485 states:
"If under 14 years of age and submitting Form I-485 concurrently with the Form I-485 of one parent."
Fee: $950

Which is correct?

1. Does the DV admin fee notify KCC that you are submitting AOS?
2. Is it a problem if you don't have the DV admin fee receipt to include when submitting your AOS package?
1. AOS FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. AOS FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.