• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Could you please elaborate? thanks

I don't really have a lot of time nor patience to describe the process of getting these as yet unpassed and little supported bills to go through the process to become law. That won't happen in a hurry - but even if it did, this ship won't stop on a dime. It just won't. So - you can choose to worry about it endlessly if you want, but it won't happen.

I don't really have a lot of time nor patience to describe the process of getting these as yet unpassed and little supported bills to go through the process to become law. That won't happen in a hurry - but even if it did, this ship won't stop on a dime. It just won't. So - you can choose to worry about it endlessly if you want, but it won't happen.

I don't need a detailed description of the process, all I am asking if you happened to know if these bills get passed would it affect only future draws or last year's draw too. It would be nice if you would share some of your confidence so we can put our minds at ease too. Thanks for the help!

I don't need a detailed description of the process, all I am asking if you happened to know if these bills get passed would it affect only future draws or last year's draw too. It would be nice if you would share some of your confidence so we can put our minds at ease too. Thanks for the help!

Even if you understand what the bill does,

1. what are you hoping to get out of that understanding?
2. what can you do about it?

I´m not sure if you got selected but in the case you are, then don't worry about these 2 bills. This is a very long process and DV Lottery wont stop from one day to another. The DV lottery might end one day but it will take sometime and I´m sure a lot official communication will be posted by the U.S. Government if it happens. I think you should only be worried of getting all the necessary paperwork if you got selected and I would be thinking of that if I was selected. Juts sharing my point of view and have a great weekend.

I´m not sure if you got selected but in the case you are, then don't worry about these 2 bills. This is a very long process and DV Lottery wont stop from one day to another. The DV lottery might end one day but it will take sometime and I´m sure a lot official communication will be posted by the U.S. Government if it happens. I think you should only be worried of getting all the necessary paperwork if you got selected and I would be thinking of that if I was selected. Juts sharing my point of view and have a great weekend.

I did get selected on May 2nd this year. I guess I wasn't even aware of these bills up until yesterday and it kinda shocks me people don't talk about it more. I understand there is no point in worrying about something you cant control but knowing that there is a chance all this might be taken away is good to know so you don't put all your eggs in one basket and you come up with plan B,C etc
Thanks Pierre for your kind message, you have an awesome weekend too :)

I did get selected on May 2nd this year. I guess I wasn't even aware of these bills up until yesterday and it kinda shocks me people don't talk about it more. I understand there is no point in worrying about something you cant control but knowing that there is a chance all this might be taken away is good to know so you don't put all your eggs in one basket and you come up with plan B,C etc
Thanks Pierre for your kind message, you have an awesome weekend too :)

People don't "talk about it anymore" because some variant of these bills has been in some sort of process for years on end now.
Anyway there is never a guarantee you'll get a visa till it's issued so you should always have a backup plan anyway. This is precisely why the DV part of the DoS site also tells you not to do anything irreversible until you have your visa.

People don't "talk about it anymore" because some variant of these bills has been in some sort of process for years on end now.
Anyway there is never a guarantee you'll get a visa till it's issued so you should always have a backup plan anyway. This is precisely why the DV part of the DoS site also tells you not to do anything irreversible until you have your visa.

Ditto.

Personally until i got my I 551 visa stamped, USA has not been an option for me back then. Meaning, my tie with my home country is still strong. (and even after getting my I 551 stamped, i am still in my home country :D) . So yeah, get that I 551 stamped and then you can consider loosening the tie with your home country. Get a job in the USA first before that. No point of being able to stay in the USA if it is causing you more hardship than where you are right now.

I am submitting my DS260 at the moment and I just get so anxious with some specifics.
For instance previous adressess.. I was born in -92, lived somewhere in the city until -94 and after that in the same house until I moved out when I was 19.
Since they only ask for the adresses since I was 16, should I write that I have lived in the second house from -94 or just from when I was 16?

I realize it sounds confusing. :)

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this excellent forum, I found almost everything I need concerning DV lottery. I wanna also apologize for my "bad" English...

I'm a DV winner from France (EU22XXX) and I already submitted DV260 form (approximately 3 days after the results). I understood from your previous posts I need to wait few months before get notified that my interview is scheduled.

What I wanna know is :
1) Is my CN safe?
2) I didn't understand how Visa Bulletin works...Can someone explain to me how to read it?
3) Is there something I have to do now? Just wait the answer of KCC? When do you think my interview will be scheduled ?

Thank you very much!

Hello all

One more question about the job history section in the DS260, please. Should we bother and mention 1 to 3 months internships ?
Also regarding the job experience requirements, are the two years work experience counted up to the entry submission date (back in Oct-Nov 2017) or up to the interview date ?
and finally do you recommend translating pay slips that are not in English as proof of work or is presenting the payslips enough?

(I understand it is easier to prove education but just to be sure I want to be aware of all required documents just in case...)

Thanks

Last edited:
Yay!
Was selected for further processing with case number EU1XXX. Submitted DS260 and now surfing the net for DV info/experiences/tips and tricks. Also found Britsimon's blog which seems to be a good (and delightfully British) source of info.
I am so thrilled to be selected after entering the lottery almost every year for the last 10 years.:)

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for this excellent forum, I found almost everything I need concerning DV lottery. I wanna also apologize for my "bad" English...

I'm a DV winner from France (EU22XXX) and I already submitted DV260 form (approximately 3 days after the results). I understood from your previous posts I need to wait few months before get notified that my interview is scheduled.

What I wanna know is :
1) Is my CN safe?
2) I didn't understand how Visa Bulletin works...Can someone explain to me how to read it?
3) Is there something I have to do now? Just wait the answer of KCC? When do you think my interview will be scheduled ?

Thank you very much!

1. Yes
2. http://britsimonsays.com/read-visa-bulletin/
3. http://britsimonsays.com/dv2018-basic-questions/

Hello all

One more question about the job history section in the DS260, please. Should we bother and mention 1 to 3 months internships ?
Also regarding the job experience requirements, are the two years work experience counted up to the entry submission date (back in Oct-Nov 2017) or up to the interview date ?
and finally do you recommend translating pay slips that are not in English as proof of work or is presenting the payslips enough?

(I understand it is easier to prove education but just to be sure I want to be aware of all required documents just in case...)

Thanks

1. List all significant work. Internships could be significant, so list them.
2. 2 years will be counted at interview.
3. Payslips are largely numeric - so if it is clear, no need to translate.

Yay!
Was selected for further processing with case number EU1XXX. Submitted DS260 and now surfing the net for DV info/experiences/tips and tricks. Also found Britsimon's blog which seems to be a good (and delightfully British) source of info.
I am so thrilled to be selected after entering the lottery almost every year for the last 10 years.:)

I am indeed "delightfully British". LOL

I am submitting my DS260 at the moment and I just get so anxious with some specifics.
For instance previous adressess.. I was born in -92, lived somewhere in the city until -94 and after that in the same house until I moved out when I was 19.
Since they only ask for the adresses since I was 16, should I write that I have lived in the second house from -94 or just from when I was 16?

I had a similar thing, I wrote from when I was 16. But I think either is fine. Don't stress :)

You're overthinking the questions hence the confusion. List the address where you were living at from age 16 regardless of if you've been living there since the day you were born or had lived in ten places before turning 16! Provide the address from age 16!

You're overthinking the questions hence the confusion. List the address where you were living at from age 16 regardless of if you've been living there since the day you were born or had lived in ten places before turning 16! Provide the address from age 16!
You're so right. I just dont want to mess anything up. anyway, I typed in -94 but I hope it works out.

We are selected with 2018AS000130XX

According to our CN # are we safe ? don't want to have a False hopes, if its not happening at the end.

DO We have a chance to get an VISA INTERVIEW if yes what's the time line ?

Appreciate your help and advice. Thank you.

Yay!

Congrats on your selection @DVDeanna and best of luck with your application.

Hi everyone,

I saw someone mention something about internships earlier and that we should enter them if they are significant. I believe my internship would have been significant as this is one of the places I plan to apply for a job in the US if I am successful. However, looking back over my DS-260 I don't believe there is a place to add internships, as it was not a previous employer.

Where would you guys add internships on the DS-260? I have already submitted, so do you think it is necessary to get it unlocked to add the internship?

Thanks!