• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi everyone,

I saw someone mention something about internships earlier and that we should enter them if they are significant. I believe my internship would have been significant as this is one of the places I plan to apply for a job in the US if I am successful. However, looking back over my DS-260 I don't believe there is a place to add internships, as it was not a previous employer.

Where would you guys add internships on the DS-260? I have already submitted, so do you think it is necessary to get it unlocked to add the internship?

Thanks!

Treat is as a job.

We are selected with 2018AS000130XX

According to our CN # are we safe ? don't want to have a False hopes, if its not happening at the end.

DO We have a chance to get an VISA INTERVIEW if yes what's the time line ?

Appreciate your help and advice. Thank you.

No, you could not assume you are "safe". Your number is the highest AS number I have seen, and at the moment is seems like they have over selected (like DV2014 and DV2015). So - whilst DV2017 has seen AS region go current (meaning enough visas for everyone), that seems very unlikely in DV2018. All you can do is wait - and you will probably only know for sure in July 2018.

Hi everyone, this is my second time when I applied for Green Card Lottery and already been selected. Just want to say thank you for this great forum. From yesterday
I went through all 22 pages which helped me to answer some of my questions. But at the same time I came up with another questions and I would be happy if somebody
would help me to answer them.

1.) How long in advance I will be informed about my interview? Asking because I live in UK and sometimes here is not easy to book an appoitment with doctor in last minute.
2.) Do I need to bring already for appointment with doctor some health exams with me? On one website I found information that I need have ready x-ray of lungs on the CD and listing from my Health Card from my GP.
3.) I read on some old forums that you need to do some payment within one week after submiting your DS-260, is this true?
4.) Can I be asked to prove my past addresses where I lived? If yes then what kind of proves ?? Contracts with landlords?
5.) Is that ok if I didn't stated my current address in DV-260 form? I left as my current address in DV-260 form my previous address from where I moved out just few days ago. I moved to the new house where I live illegaly (don't have contract, landlord wants have rent to paid in cash and he doesn't want me to use this address for postage).
Postage address which I stated is different, in different country where my parents live and where I grow up. If I would be asked why I stated my address in different country I am ready to say that I was just planing to move, I just didn't know where but I already new that I am not planing to stay on my current address.
Do you think that they might be checking somehow my addresses where I lived? Or do you think that this can create for me some issues?
6.) Can I be asked to prove my previous jobs where I worked? If yes then how? By payslips?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Hi everyone, this is my second time when I applied for Green Card Lottery and already been selected. Just want to say thank you for this great forum. From yesterday
I went through all 22 pages which helped me to answer some of my questions. But at the same time I came up with another questions and I would be happy if somebody
would help me to answer them.

1.) How long in advance I will be informed about my interview? Asking because I live in UK and sometimes here is not easy to book an appoitment with doctor in last minute.
2.) Do I need to bring already for appointment with doctor some health exams with me? On one website I found information that I need have ready x-ray of lungs on the CD and listing from my Health Card from my GP.
3.) I read on some old forums that you need to do some payment within one week after submiting your DS-260, is this true?
4.) Can I be asked to prove my past addresses where I lived? If yes then what kind of proves ?? Contracts with landlords?
5.) Is that ok if I didn't stated my current address in DV-260 form? I left as my current address in DV-260 form my previous address from where I moved out just few days ago. I moved to the new house where I live illegaly (don't have contract, landlord wants have rent to paid in cash and he doesn't want me to use this address for postage).
Postage address which I stated is different, in different country where my parents live and where I grow up. If I would be asked why I stated my address in different country I am ready to say that I was just planing to move, I just didn't know where but I already new that I am not planing to stay on my current address.
Do you think that they might be checking somehow my addresses where I lived? Or do you think that this can create for me some issues?
6.) Can I be asked to prove my previous jobs where I worked? If yes then how? By payslips?

Thank you very much for your answers!

1. 6 - 8 weeks notice

2. It helps if you have your immunization records

3. Not true. Only payment you'll be making will be at the embassy on the day of your interview

4. No

5. The DS form should be truthfully filled out, that's an official record. Your current address determines your interview location, it is not used for mailing as nothing will be mailed out to you. The address is also part of the information used in conducting the needed background checks

6. No

Mom has answered all the questions, I just wanted to make sure you know that there only certain approved ("panel") doctors that can do the US immigration medical, it's not just any doctor. So these doctors will have a process for scheduling visa applicants that may differ from normal medical appointments you are used to.

Just a general question, how "tough" are the administrators? What kind of misspell or small error would lead to a denial of visa? Or do they let you correct it at the interview if it's minor?

I don't think I have any errors but out of curiosity.

Just a general question, how "tough" are the administrators? What kind of misspell or small error would lead to a denial of visa? Or do they let you correct it at the interview if it's minor?

Not sure about you are talking about CP or AOS.
I think as long as your birth country and experience all meet the requirement of the DV policy and you are honest with all the question in the process, and pass the medical exam and of course not a terrorist and potential public charge to the US. You should not be worried about get a denial or reject.

The other is if you choose AOS process, then there is one important thing need to be careful is you need to be in status during the time stayed in the US and never done any thing that violate your status.

Depends on the embassy. A one-letter misspell might be overlooked in Sydney but be a denial in Accra.

Hi when i check CEAC for application status for dv2018 selectees it says wrong case number, did they not upload the data yet or did i do something wrong sending the ds206 form? thanks

Hi when i check CEAC for application status for dv2018 selectees it says wrong case number, did they not upload the data yet or did i do something wrong sending the ds206 form? thanks

There's currently no CEAC information for DV2018, and there wouldn't be for several months. DV 2018 FY hasn't even started yet.

Is there a spreadsheet where users can add-in their timeline/view previous years similar to the one found in the AOS threads?

am 2018 dv selectee from AF REGION AND CN IS AFOOOO8XXX IS MY CASE NUMBER LOW OR HIGH AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS CASE NUMBER ISSUE BEING HIGH WITH LESS CHANCES. PLEASE CLARIFY IF ITS HIGH IR LOW CAN I BE HOPEFUL FOR AN INTERVIEW AT LEAST EARLY NEXT YEAR?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

am 2018 dv selectee from AF REGION AND CN IS AFOOOO8XXX IS MY CASE NUMBER LOW OR HIGH AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS CASE NUMBER ISSUE BEING HIGH WITH LESS CHANCES. PLEASE CLARIFY IF ITS HIGH IR LOW CAN I BE HOPEFUL FOR AN INTERVIEW AT LEAST EARLY NEXT YEAR?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

That's a low CN, likely to become current by the end of this year, assuming you're not chargeable to Egypt or Ethiopia.

Side note: posting in all CAPS is considered rude, there's really no need for it.

@thetristan I interviewed in UK and was only given just a little over 4 weeks notice for my interview. It makes sense to book the medical around one week to 10 days before your interview.

If this time they have over selected like 2014 then I don't think we have chance of selecting additional selectees like last year.

If this time they have over selected like 2014 then I don't think we have chance of selecting additional selectees like last year.

Correct. Unless there is some other explanation for the high case numbers we are seeing, there is no point to have a second draw.

Hello, Mom.

Thank you so much for info and spreadsheet you created! This is really helpful information!

I've been selected in DV2018 with CN EU17*** and I'm currently in the US on F1 status. I'll be studying until September-October 2017. So looking through your spreadsheet and more info on the internet I've decided I'd rather go with CP in my country. I have few questions for you:

1) I've looked up VB for previous years and I see that my CN becomes current usually in February. Should I submit DS260 ASAP or I can do it once I return to my home country in October-November 2017?

2) What address should I use when submitting DS260, in case I do it while in the US, my current address in the US or the address I'll be staying in my country?

3) I lost my passport. Should I use my lost passport's info in DS 260 and then unlock the form and change info about passport when I get new one?

Thank you so much in advance. I appreciate your help!

Hello, Mom.

Thank you so much for info and spreadsheet you created! This is really helpful information!

I've been selected in DV2018 with CN EU17*** and I'm currently in the US on F1 status. I'll be studying until September-October 2017. So looking through your spreadsheet and more info on the internet I've decided I'd rather go with CP in my country. I have few questions for you:

1) I've looked up VB for previous years and I see that my CN becomes current usually in February. Should I submit DS260 ASAP or I can do it once I return to my home country in October-November 2017?

2) What address should I use when submitting DS260, in case I do it while in the US, my current address in the US or the address I'll be staying in my country?

3) I lost my passport. Should I use my lost passport's info in DS 260 and then unlock the form and change info about passport when I get new one?

Thank you so much in advance. I appreciate your help!

1. Since you've decided on a processing option, I recommend you go ahead and submit it now.

2. List your US address and select your home embassy for CP. Unlock the form and update the address when you get back home.

3. Yes you can use the old passport info for now. Update it when you get a new passport.