• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Yes you're required to fill out work experience in addition to educational information. The system can't tell what you plan on applying/qualifying with. You present your documents at the embassy when you go for your interview. The expectation is you'll be qualifying via educational which is often simple and straightforward - using work experience is a bit hard, requires a lot of preparation and documentation

Thank you once again. You're my life vest. :)

One last question before I submit my DS260.
Under duties I'm torn between writing a novel or just my title. At the moment it's somewhere in between. What would your suggestion be?

I was thinking something short like this: AS AN AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE MANAGER I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNNING AN EFFICIENT AND PROFITABLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. MY MAIN DUTIES IS TO HIRE, MOTIVATE, COUNSEL AND MONITOR THE PERFORMANCE OF ALL SERVICE DEPARTMENT STAFF, FORECAST GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AND STRIVE TO MEET THEM, PREPARE AND ADMINISTER OUR OPERATING BUDGET, TO PREPARE STAFF WORK SCHEDULES AND ASSIGN SPECIFIC DUTIES. BUT ALSO TO UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS SUCH AS HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL. ONE THING THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME IS TO MAINTAIN GOOD EMPLOYEE AND CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.

Under duties I'm torn between writing a novel or just my title. At the moment it's somewhere in between. What would your suggestion be?

I was thinking something short like this: AS AN AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE MANAGER I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNNING AN EFFICIENT AND PROFITABLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. MY MAIN DUTIES IS TO HIRE, MOTIVATE, COUNSEL AND MONITOR THE PERFORMANCE OF ALL SERVICE DEPARTMENT STAFF, FORECAST GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AND STRIVE TO MEET THEM, PREPARE AND ADMINISTER OUR OPERATING BUDGET, TO PREPARE STAFF WORK SCHEDULES AND ASSIGN SPECIFIC DUTIES. BUT ALSO TO UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS SUCH AS HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL. ONE THING THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME IS TO MAINTAIN GOOD EMPLOYEE AND CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS.
No need to write so much. Can leave the first and last sentences out and even shorten the rest. I

Last edited:
yeah, i am considered as Lawful Permanent Resident now (minus the physical GC - lost it somewhere). Still have a valid I 551 sticker on my passport.

Just a word of advice, it takes MONTHS to get a replacement GC. We did biometrics for my daughter's one in December and we're still waiting, and when we queried it were told it's still within the normal timeframe. Someone else told us it could take 8 months! So if you haven't applied for your replacement yet, I suggest you do so to ensure you get it before your I551 sticker expires.

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend has been selected with a case number around 14,500 (FRANCE) for DV-2018. We are currently looking into the different options moving forward and your help would be much appreciated! If we get married before the interview at the embassy, which looks like the best way to go as opposed to getting married afterwards, can you confirm the following timeline:

– September 2017: Submission of the DS-260 form for her only (it is very unlikely that we will manage to get married before the submission). So technically, there’s NO real deadline to submit the DS-260 form but submitting it after September 2017 might be a bit risky, correct? I assume that if we submit it around September for a case number like hers, we will not get an interview before Spring 2018 but if someone has more info about it that would be much appreciated.
– After September 2017 and before the interview: marriage and update on our status sent to KCC
– Spring 2018 (From March 20 to June 21): Medical & Interview
– Fall 2018 (September 20 to December 21): Deadline for first activation trip
– Spring 2019 (March 20 to June 21): Recommended deadline to move to the US
– Fall 2019 (September 20 to December 21): Final deadline to move permanently to the US

Thanks for your help!

Q.

Don't follow EU case numbers so not sure about when it will be current but if it's current earlier you could still interview a bit earlier than March. General timeline looks fine.

Naw, no storyline required. Bullet list, get to the point:
- Hire, motivate and counsel employees
- Prepare and administer operating budgets
- Monitor employee performance
- Prepare employee work schedule

Get the gist?

Naw, no storyline required. Bullet list, get to the point:
- Hire, motivate and counsel employees
- Prepare and administer operating budgets
- Monitor employee performance
- Prepare employee work schedule

Get the gist?
Absolutely! Once again, thank you so much!

Just a word of advice, it takes MONTHS to get a replacement GC. We did biometrics for my daughter's one in December and we're still waiting, and when we queried it were told it's still within the normal timeframe. Someone else told us it could take 8 months! So if you haven't applied for your replacement yet, I suggest you do so to ensure you get it before your I551 sticker expires.

that is what i heard too. I will definitely apply for a replacement - but in the mean time, i heard one can just set an appointment on INFOPASS to get the I 551 sticker which is as good as the actual card - apart from it expiring 1 year after issuance right? I just wonder, would they allow for your to get the I 551 sticker IF the current one is still valid but your GC is definitely missing?

that is what i heard too. I will definitely apply for a replacement - but in the mean time, i heard one can just set an appointment on INFOPASS to get the I 551 sticker which is as good as the actual card - apart from it expiring 1 year after issuance right? I just wonder, would they allow for your to get the I 551 sticker IF the current one is still valid but your GC is definitely missing?

I really don't know about that stuff. If you want to try save money by getting a series of I551 stickers I guess that's a way to do it, but I also guess at some point they start asking why.

Don't follow EU case numbers so not sure about when it will be current but if it's current earlier you could still interview a bit earlier than March. General timeline looks fine.

Hi Susie,

Many thanks for your reply. My girlfriend has a case number of 14*** and applied from France. Should she submit the form now, the interview would take place in January based on previous Visa Bulletins. However as she plans to submit it in September, my guess is that the interview would take place around Spring. Just to be sure - do you confirm that technically, one has 1 year from the activation trip to move permanently to the US, though it is recommended to move permanently 1 year after the medical (so 6 months before)?

Best,

Q.

Yes you're required to fill out work experience in addition to educational information. The system can't tell what you plan on applying/qualifying with. You present your documents at the embassy when you go for your interview. The expectation is you'll be qualifying via educational which is often simple and straightforward - using work experience is a bit hard, requires a lot of preparation and documentation

So, once when he gets to the interview does he needs to present documents like recommendation letters, pay slips and bank confirmation of his salary or just the educational documents are enough?

Hi everyone. What's the highest SA numbers you've seen so far? I have SA 21**. Do you think I have a real chance at getting an interview with this CN or my probabilities are very low? Thank you for your opinion!

So, once when he gets to the interview does he needs to present documents like recommendation letters, pay slips and bank confirmation of his salary or just the educational documents are enough?

One is expected to attend the interview with all the listed documents and any other they think they may need. The embassies operate slightly differently - each one will ask for what they need when you show up.

Hi Susie,

Many thanks for your reply. My girlfriend has a case number of 14*** and applied from France. Should she submit the form now, the interview would take place in January based on previous Visa Bulletins. However as she plans to submit it in September, my guess is that the interview would take place around Spring. Just to be sure - do you confirm that technically, one has 1 year from the activation trip to move permanently to the US, though it is recommended to move permanently 1 year after the medical (so 6 months before)?

Best,

Q.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that one year after the medical has any bearing. It's irrelevant given that the medical expires after 6 months, and has no more relevance for your case after it's determined the expiry date of your visa. The "preference" to keep the first absence below 6 months is because of a technicality in the wording of how CBP looks at readmitting before and after a 6 month absence, and because longer than 6 months resets your naturalization clock.a green card holder will be deemed to have abandoned residency if absent longer than a year, so a year is the maximum you can stay out.

If you submit in early September, the bulk if not all of the initial processing backlog should be cleared by then, so it could well be finished processing by early November for a January interview to be scheduled.

Last edited: