• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Oh wow, how could I miss that.. You're completely right. I was so sure that the requirement was university or equivalent since the work requirement were quite tough.
And high school = university in sweden so kinda messes with your mind.

Thanks a lot! You might just have saved me

Just like I guessed regarding the confusion :)

Just a question to moderators. If i migrate to Australia and then I register in DV lottery and then if I selected will I fall into OC or AF?

Hello all,

I was randomly selected and my number was EU 25***. Was it good?
Anyone ?

Thanks! ))

Hi All,

I am a selectee from Malaysia with relatively low CN.
DV 2018 is my 2nd try. Just got lucky this round.

Any selectees from Malaysia? Or perhaps any active Malaysian GC holder from US DV ? Do PM me. Looking forward to know more about it.
I have few questions
1) which certificates to show based on our Malaysian education?
2) where to translate and certify the documents?
3) do we need to show our financial doc?
4) any hindrance if we own a property in Malaysia?
5) do we need to prove anything about the US address in DS-260?
6) must we have relatives in US to pass this?

Hey, selectee from Malaysia here. My case number 2018AS96xx. I am not sure how to PM, new here. Please PM me instead. Thanks

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend has been selected with a case number around 14,500 (FRANCE) for DV-2018. We are currently looking into the different options moving forward and your help would be much appreciated! If we get married before the interview at the embassy, which looks like the best way to go as opposed to getting married afterwards, can you confirm the following timeline:

– September 2017: Submission of the DS-260 form for her only (it is very unlikely that we will manage to get married before the submission). So technically, there’s NO real deadline to submit the DS-260 form but submitting it after September 2017 might be a bit risky, correct? I assume that if we submit it around September for a case number like hers, we will not get an interview before Spring 2018 but if someone has more info about it that would be much appreciated.
– After September 2017 and before the interview: marriage and update on our status sent to KCC
– Spring 2018 (From March 20 to June 21): Medical & Interview
– Fall 2018 (September 20 to December 21): Deadline for first activation trip
– Spring 2019 (March 20 to June 21): Recommended deadline to move to the US
– Fall 2019 (September 20 to December 21): Final deadline to move permanently to the US

Thanks for your help!

Q.

Just to get things straight!
I do have to fill out my current and previous work, and after that I'm able to fill out my previous education. How does the system know if I wan't to apply by work or education?

Yes you're required to fill out work experience in addition to educational information. The system can't tell what you plan on applying/qualifying with. You present your documents at the embassy when you go for your interview. The expectation is you'll be qualifying via educational which is often simple and straightforward - using work experience is a bit hard, requires a lot of preparation and documentation