• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Maybe a new column can be added to the timetable with EAD received, so that can be followed for reference as well. Just a recommendation @Sm1smom for poor souls like us :)

When the decision was made to start the Timelines spreadsheets, it was because DV based AOSers had no way of tracking the processing times of their petitioners - the available USCIS tracking was (and still is) a generalized one.

That's not the case for EAD processing. We already know it takes 3 months on average. Because this information is readily available on uscsi's website, it doesn't make any sense to start tracking it here also. Plus most DV based AOS petitioners do not even bother to apply for it since it gets approved around the same time as the AOS petition itself like I already explained to you.

In addition, I believe tracking it here is more likely to elevate the stress level of worry warts like yourself than do any good. Not trying to insult you by referring to you as a worry wart, it's just that I remember you asking a while back what you should do if you don't get your NOA in two weeks max, since that's the time it seems to be taking others at most. And you're still worrying and going on and on about the EAD and counting the exact number of days even when you state you're not stressed over it.

Rule of thumb: be prepared to answer any question that may be asked; be prepared with any and every document you can think of to support whatever you say when you go for your interview.
Thanks for replying, I will for sure bring every appointment letters from the university to the interview, I also can bring an account itemization for every semester. But I am not planning to put it in my AOS package (it's a lot of papers). I am sending payslips for the last 3 months, and my tax transcript for the past 3 years, hopefully this is enough.

There already is one. Scroll right.

What she's asking for (in addition to what's already on the spreadsheet) is the EAD received date.

The only reason we included that column was to be able to see the impact of the EAD application over the AOS petition in general - we had about two or three AOS petitions that got delayed (before we included the EAD column) because the IO told the petitioners they were waiting for their 'other file' to arrive at the FO.

Thanks for replying, I will for sure bring every appointment letters from the university to the interview, I also can bring an account itemization for every semester. But I am not planning to put it in my AOS package (it's a lot of papers). I am sending payslips for the last 3 months, and my tax transcript for the past 3 years, hopefully this is enough.

And I didn't suggest you include all those documents (outside of what's originally listed on the AOS process spreadsheet) with your AOS petition. What I said was to be prepared to present whatever documents may be useful in support of your case at the time of your interview.

What she's asking for (in addition to what's already on the spreadsheet) is the EAD received date.

The only reason we included that column was to be able to see the impact of the EAD application over the AOS petition in general - we had about two or three AOS petitions that got delayed (before we included the EAD column) because the IO told the petitioners they were waiting for their 'other file' to arrive at the FO.

Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't there a received date on the 2016 timeline sheet? At least, people have entered the date they received it...

When the decision was made to start the Timelines spreadsheets, it was because DV based AOSers had no way of tracking the processing times of their petitioners - the available USCIS tracking was (and still is) a generalized one.

That's not the case for EAD processing. We already know it takes 3 months on average. Because this information is readily available on uscsi's website, it doesn't make any sense to start tracking it here also. Plus most DV based AOS petitioners do not even bother to apply for it since it gets approved around the same time as the AOS petition itself like I already explained to you.

In addition, I believe tracking it here is more likely to elevate the stress level of worry warts like yourself than do any good. Not trying to insult you by referring to you as a worry wart, it's just that I remember you asking a while back what you should do if you don't get your NOA in two weeks max, since that's the time it seems to be taking others at most. And you're still worrying and going on and on about the EAD and counting the exact number of days even when you state you're not stressed over it.
My apologies.

And I didn't suggest you include all those documents (outside of what's originally listed on the AOS process spreadsheet) with your AOS petition. What I said was to be prepared to present whatever documents may be useful in support of your case at the time of your interview.
yes I know :)

If it was sent a while back and it went into your spam box, I don't expect you to see it in there now of course.

And I already said it isn't going to negatively impact your AOS process if you don't have the 2NL anyway. By all means, contact KCC if it gives you some peace of mind, but don't be shocked or surprised if they respond by saying they don't issue 2NL for AOS process.

Hi @Sm1smom . I e-mailed them regarding the 2NL and this was their response:

"Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. "

And also it further states,
"If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month."

1)Does this mean my 2Nl never gonna shows up?
2)And do I really need to contact CIS to check whether I am eligible for AOS? I am under F1 visa and I have never gone out of status.

Hi @Sm1smom . I e-mailed them regarding the 2NL and this was their response:

"Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. "

And also it further states,
"If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month."

1)Does this mean my 2Nl never gonna shows up?
2)And do I really need to contact CIS to check whether I am eligible for AOS? I am under F1 visa and I have never gone out of status.

For the last time: STOP STRESSING OVER THE BLOODY 2NL!!!

@Sm1smom :rolleyes: I really admire your infinite patience!! The same questions over and over every year... You are awesome!! :D I read every single post and sometimes I have to control myself and just don't answer...

By the way, I just got the cashier's check for $1070. (I'm so excited!! I'll send my package next week. Yiii!!!) :):):)
Well, focus! My question is: In the remitter line they printed my name and my DV case #EU... Exact same format as for the $330 fee check. Do I have to write my address, or the purpose of the check in it?? Something like "i-485 and biometrics fee" Like in the personal checks... Or I just leave it as it is: Only name of applicant and case#??

Thank youuu!!!

@Sm1smom :rolleyes: I really admire your infinite patience!! The same questions over and over every year... You are awesome!! :D I read every single post and sometimes I have to control myself and just don't answer...

By the way, I just got the cashier's check for $1070. (I'm so excited!! I'll send my package next week. Yiii!!!) :):):)
Well, focus! My question is: In the remitter line they printed my name and my DV case #EU... Exact same format as for the $330 fee check. Do I have to write my address, or the purpose of the check in it?? Something like "i-485 and biometrics fee" Like in the personal checks... Or I just leave it as it is: Only name of applicant and case#??

Thank youuu!!!

No need to write any other thing. They'll know what it's meant for.

Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after December 23, 2016, must include these new fees or USCIS will reject your submission.

I–485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status old fee:$985 new fee: $1140

no change for biometric fee

effective date: December 23, 2016

link

Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after December 23, 2016, must include these new fees or USCIS will reject your submission.

I–485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status old fee:$985 new fee: $1140

no change for biometric fee

effective date: December 23, 2016

link
Pretty steep increases. Thank you for sharing.
USCIS is taking a page from Obamacare, it seems ;)

Hello,

Do the documents provided by the sponsor (the person who is doing the affidavit of support) need to be sealed in an envelope like the medical documents, or can they just be included unsealed with the rest of the applicant's documents? Or does it not matter? Thank you very much!

What happens if I have to move to a different city in the meantime of the AOS application where there is also an FO available. Would the case still belong to the FO where they have started the processing or would everything be transferred to the local belonging to the new address?
Thanks.

Hello,

I am engaged to an American but decided to proceed with the DVL instead of a marriage green card as we do not plan to get married until 2018. Will that come up in the interview? Will they question why I am not just doing the marriage option? My fiance is my affidavit of support so that is how I think they will know.

Thanks!!!

Hello,

I am engaged to an American but decided to proceed with the DVL instead of a marriage green card as we do not plan to get married until 2018. Will that come up in the interview? Will they question why I am not just doing the marriage option? My fiance is my affidavit of support so that is how I think they will know.

Thanks!!!

I had a friend in the exact same situation as yours on the DV2015 lottery, and of course is a topic they can ask. However, it is your decision and your choice, it should not be an issue. My friend just answered the truth, they were not planning to get married yet, and the lottery came sooner, then, why not?

For walk-in biometric, Do people need to make an appointment via InfoPass or They can go there and show the biometrics letter without any appointment?