• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi , I recieved our NOA letters today. But there is a diffrence between mine and my husband's with our children. In our noa there is a part that says about next step which is about biometrics appointment but in my children's there is nothing about it! Do Ineed to call them? Because for our asylum case I took them either but now I dont know what should I do?

Stop stressing, it's not like you've received the actual bio notice. Your kids will receive the bio notice too, they just wouldn't fingerprint them if they're under 14.

Hi mom.
One more question on the EAD. First of all, the FO is not the one processing the I-765 right? Second, the timeline for all Service Centers says 3 months for the EAD and it also says if your case is pending more than 75 days an inquiry can be submitted. Do you have any experience with this?
The AOS itself looks a more lengthly process than 3 months according to the timeline table. The 75 days would be end of November for me, 3 months would be first week of December, so would that mean I would have to receive the EAD card by then the latest? (I have a pending job offer, just not sure what can I tell them as to when I can start to work..)
Thank you for the continuous support!

Hi mom.
One more question on the EAD. First of all, the FO is not the one processing the I-765 right? Second, the timeline for all Service Centers says 3 months for the EAD and it also says if your case is pending more than 75 days an inquiry can be submitted. Do you have any experience with this?
The AOS itself looks a more lengthly process than 3 months according to the timeline table. The 75 days would be end of November for me, 3 months would be first week of December, so would that mean I would have to receive the EAD card by then the latest? (I have a pending job offer, just not sure what can I tell them as to when I can start to work..)
Thank you for the continuous support!

The EAD card is processed by the NBC (National Benefits Centre).

Average processing time for the EAD is 3 months, and yes USCIS says one may make a service request when a case has been pending over 75 days. You can this this online or through the USCIS 1800 number. The service request following a 75 days timeline is a waste of time IMO. By the time USCIS receives the request and responds, its more or less close to when the EAD gets sent anyways.

By the way, if you're going to be stressing yourself out by counting the number of days, I hope you're aware the clock only starts ticking from the day USCIS formally accepted your AOS package (the date on your NOA) and not the day your package was delivered by courier or USPS. Also note, weekends are excluded. I don't know what you can tell your prospective employers either except for the fact that you can't take up a job offer until formally authorized by USCIS.

Thank you CountryGirl for your response!

I have another question regarding the Affidavit of Support (I-134):

I am currently on OPT and came as a F-1 student. Currently I am not working full-time. My parents have been supporting my studies so far. From reading online, it looks like the I-134 form is for people that are sponsored by people living in the USA (permanent residents, citizen...). Is that correct? What do I need to do to convince USCIS that I have a sponsor (my step-mom) that can provide financial assistance in order for me not to become a public charge? Does she need to disclose her income or should she just send a larger amount of money to my bank account and then enclose the statement in the AOS package?

(I also have worked full time at $17/hour for around 6 months and have those stubs to show in addition to the support from my step-mom)

The EAD card is processed by the NBC (National Benefits Centre).

Average processing time for the EAD is 3 months, and yes USCIS says one may make a service request when a case has been pending over 75 days. You can this this online or through the USCIS 1800 number. The service request following a 75 days timeline is a waste of time IMO. By the time USCIS receives the request and responds, its more or less close to when the EAD gets sent anyways.

By the way, if you're going to be stressing yourself out by counting the number of days, I hope you're aware the clock only starts ticking from the day USCIS formally accepted your AOS package (the date on your NOA) and not the day your package was delivered by courier or USPS. Also note, weekends are excluded. I don't know what you can tell your prospective employers either except for the fact that you can't take up a job offer until formally authorized by USCIS.
Thank you for the response! Not stressing per se. Just want to have it done :) This company has been waiting for me forever already as they could not employ me prior due to changing from L1A to H or anything else is a nightmare time-wise. Not sure how much longer I can have them on stand by, if this is also a nightmare length to get.

Thank you CountryGirl for your response!

I have another question regarding the Affidavit of Support (I-134):

I am currently on OPT and came as a F-1 student. Currently I am not working full-time. My parents have been supporting my studies so far. From reading online, it looks like the I-134 form is for people that are sponsored by people living in the USA (permanent residents, citizen...). Is that correct? What do I need to do to convince USCIS that I have a sponsor (my step-mom) that can provide financial assistance in order for me not to become a public charge? Does she need to disclose her income or should she just send a larger amount of money to my bank account and then enclose the statement in the AOS package?

(I also have worked full time at $17/hour for around 6 months and have those stubs to show in addition to the support from my step-mom)

If you're not earning enough annual income which puts you above an applicable poverty guideline level, your best bet of convincing the IO you're not likely to become a public charge is to find someone within the US to provide you with the I-134 and other applicable supporting documents.

I submitted my DS-260 on 12th July. Its been more than 3 months and still didn't receive my 2nL :(

It's possible KCC already sent it and it went into your spam box. However don't sweat it if it never shows up, it's not going to be a showstopper.

It's possible KCC already sent it and it went into your spam box. However don't sweat it if it never shows up, it's not going to be a showstopper.

Thanks @Sm1smom . I checked my spam box and still I don't see any e-mails from them. Is it okie if I send them an e-mail and make an inquiry about it?

Thank you for the response! Not stressing per se. Just want to have it done :) This company has been waiting for me forever already as they could not employ me prior due to changing from L1A to H or anything else is a nightmare time-wise. Not sure how much longer I can have them on stand by, if this is also a nightmare length to get.

I am also anxiously waiting for the EAD. If you have a job offer in hand in writing, you may have luck asking USCIS to expedite the application. The appropriate criteria is "severe financial loss" which can either to yourself or to your company. If your company is willing to write that a) you have a job waiting for you and b) they're burning money while you're waiting, you may be lucky and USCIS will grant the expedite request: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria. I think submitting the service request once 75 days has passed is worthwhile - there are plenty of horror stories of EADs taking 120+ days and I don't see the downside from raising a flag that might cause someone to look at your application.

To be fair, it's not USCIS's "fault" that you and this company were in discussions about employment before either of you had sorted out the appropriate employment authorization. If they want you badly enough that they've waited this long they can probably wait a bit longer?

Thanks @Sm1smom . I checked my spam box and still I don't see any e-mails from them. Is it okie if I send them an e-mail and make an inquiry about it?

If it was sent a while back and it went into your spam box, I don't expect you to see it in there now of course.

And I already said it isn't going to negatively impact your AOS process if you don't have the 2NL anyway. By all means, contact KCC if it gives you some peace of mind, but don't be shocked or surprised if they respond by saying they don't issue 2NL for AOS process.

If it was sent a while back and it went into your spam box, I don't expect you to see it in there now of course.

And I already said it isn't going to negatively impact your AOS process if you don't have the 2NL anyway. By all means, contact KCC if it gives you some peace of mind, but don't be shocked or surprised if they respond by saying they don't issue 2NL for AOS process.

Thanks @Sm1smom . I was little worried, but having read your response I feel little better :) I check my e-mails and the spam box almost everyday, but I never saw an e-mail from them. Will anyway send them an email, but as you said even if they don't send anything I guess I'll be fine. Thanks again for your time to reply all of our questions. Appreciate it. You always make us feel better whenever we become stressful through-out this process. :)

hello, do I need to prove that I had a scholarship from my university for the past few years? or it doesn't matter? I have been working as a teaching assistant and I get paid by the university. My w2 and payslips do not show that I have a scholarship. I am just wondering if they will ask how I paid for my tuition.

hello, do I need to prove that I had a scholarship from my university for the past few years? or it doesn't matter? I have been working as a teaching assistant and I get paid by the university. My w2 and payslips do not show that I have a scholarship. I am just wondering if they will ask how I paid for my tuition.

Rule of thumb: be prepared to answer any question that may be asked; be prepared with any and every document you can think of to support whatever you say when you go for your interview.

To be fair, it's not USCIS's "fault" that you and this company were in discussions about employment before either of you had sorted out the appropriate employment authorization. If they want you badly enough that they've waited this long they can probably wait a bit longer?
That's about right. No-one forced me into any discussions :). I only told them that my case was still pending without further discussing any timelines, since I don't even know that. We'll see. Hubby got EAD 3 times so far, during his L2, one was received in about 3 months, one came within 2 weeks, the third was about a month or so, but the primary application it was requested with was all for either initial L2 or extension or other reasons, so I was not sure if the immigrant intent is changing anything on the processing time or not.

I am also anxiously waiting for the EAD. If you have a job offer in hand in writing, you may have luck asking USCIS to expedite the application. The appropriate criteria is "severe financial loss" which can either to yourself or to your company. If your company is willing to write that a) you have a job waiting for you and b) they're burning money while you're waiting, you may be lucky and USCIS will grant the expedite request: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria. I think submitting the service request once 75 days has passed is worthwhile - there are plenty of horror stories of EADs taking 120+ days and I don't see the downside from raising a flag that might cause someone to look at your application.
Maybe a new column can be added to the timetable with EAD received, so that can be followed for reference as well. Just a recommendation @Sm1smom for poor souls like us :)