• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Unlike the I-864 which is legally enforceable and therefore includes an implicit financial commitment by the person submitting it, the I-134 as you correctly point out above, is not. If an Academic Advisor therefore prepares an I-134 for his/her student with the true intention to make specific contribution to said student processing I-485, then yes I do fully agree this should be specified in full detail, as required by the form. My point was that if the Advisor has in reality no intention to make specific monetary or other contributions, then the correct way is to indicate this on the form. I am sure you are in agreement that honesty and providing truthful information is correct, you have been emphasizing this point again and again on this forum, correctly in my opinion. Last but not least, of course USCIS will consider plausibility of submitted I-134's by professional acquaintances, specifically based on the fact that they are not legally enforceable.

Yes I have over and over again preached about the need for honest disclosure, and I don't see how telling the OP his Advsor needs to select the 'I Intend' option differs from that.

Bottom line is if the academic advisor has no intention of providing any form of support whatsoever, he shouldn't be filling out the I-134 in the first place. Why go to the trouble of providing documentary evidence proving financial capability only to turn around and say I do not intend? USCIS isn't interested in the the advisor's academic standing or laurels or whatever if he clearly says he has no intention of supporting the person presenting the affidavit of support. That does not help the petitioner in any way whatsoever.

It does not matter who is providing the affidavit of support, if the person says I do not intend, it nullifies the purpose for which it is required in the first place.

Yes I have over and over again preached about the need for honest disclosure, and I don't see how telling the OP his Advsor needs to select the 'I Intend' option differs from that.

Bottom line is if the academic advisor has no intention of providing any form of support whatsoever, he shouldn't be filling out the I-134 in the first place. Why go to the trouble of providing documentary evidence proving financial capability only to turn around and say I do not intend? USCIS isn't interested in the the advisor's academic standing or laurels or whatever if he clearly says he has no intention of supporting the person presenting the affidavit of support. That does not help the petitioner in any way whatsoever.

It does not matter who is providing the affidavit of support, if the person says I do not intend, it nullifies the purpose for which it is required in the first place.
I think we are pretty much aligned on this - thank you.

Hello Mom,
So I mentioend before that my application was rejected due to human error and theys aid it is early. So again I sent it back to them with a letter that I wrote (as per suggestion of immigration officer in USCIS customer service) and now it has been a week. I also have put the rejection notice on top of the application so they know I am a returning applicant. So it has been exactly a month since I first sent my document to them. Would they process it sooner since it was their mistake? Shall I give them a call?
Thanks
Ali

Hello Mom,
So I mentioend before that my application was rejected due to human error and theys aid it is early. So again I sent it back to them with a letter that I wrote (as per suggestion of immigration officer in USCIS customer service) and now it has been a week. I also have put the rejection notice on top of the application so they know I am a returning applicant. So it has been exactly a month since I first sent my document to them. Would they process it sooner since it was their mistake? Shall I give them a call?
Thanks
Ali

The Chicago Lockbox will process the packages as received - they're not likely going to jump start your package. So you need to exercise some patience. Calling isn't going to get you any positive result or action.

Hello,

I need some advise. Fortunately, my company agreed to sponsor/file my GC and start the process immediately (Lucky me right). However, i am a selectee of the 2017 DV lottery. I have not told my company i won the GC lottery "yet". My issue is that they want to start filing my GC immediately, however my CN would probably become current in March/April which means i still have alot of time before i can send in my AOS package or even get an interview date. My questions are

1. Can i have two pending GC applications submitted to USCIS?
2. Does the GC process through company sponsorship interface or conflicts with the DV lottery AOS process?
3. I am of the belief that the GC processing through company sponsorship is longer/slower (depending on the level they file you at, i.e EB1 or EB2) than the Lottery AOS process. Is this correct? I also believe the standard time when a company files is 2 years (versus 4-9 months when you go through the lottery AOS process). Is this correct too?
4. Which would you advise i pursue, the company filing or completing the DV AOS process?

Your timeline is still in order. You just need to exercise some patience regarding the biometric notice.
Today, I managed to talk to the representative. They said that I can't change mistakes on the phone, so instead, I have to send a letter to where I mailed my AOS package. She didn't explained further about it. Can you please help on writing the letter? What format do I have to use? What do I need to put in my letter, like copy of my NOA? What else do I need? Do I need an explanation about the letter?
I am really appreciate of you spending time on answering my question and others.
Thanks

Hello,

I need some advise. Fortunately, my company agreed to sponsor/file my GC and start the process immediately (Lucky me right). However, i am a selectee of the 2017 DV lottery. I have not told my company i won the GC lottery "yet". My issue is that they want to start filing my GC immediately, however my CN would probably become current in March/April which means i still have alot of time before i can send in my AOS package or even get an interview date. My questions are

1. Can i have two pending GC applications submitted to USCIS?
2. Does the GC process through company sponsorship interface or conflicts with the DV lottery AOS process?
3. I am of the belief that the GC processing through company sponsorship is longer/slower (depending on the level they file you at, i.e EB1 or EB2) than the Lottery AOS process. Is this correct? I also believe the standard time when a company files is 2 years (versus 4-9 months when you go through the lottery AOS process). Is this correct too?
4. Which would you advise i pursue, the company filing or completing the DV AOS process?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes. DV based AOS processing is time limited, so much shorter than employment based AOS.
4. See 1 above.

Today, I managed to talk to the representative. They said that I can't change mistakes on the phone, so instead, I have to send a letter to where I mailed my AOS package. She didn't explained further about it. Can you please help on writing the letter? What format do I have to use? What do I need to put in my letter, like copy of my NOA? What else do I need? Do I need an explanation about the letter?
I am really appreciate of you spending time on answering my question and others.
Thanks

Writing a letter to the Chicago Lockbox is a waste of time, your file would have left for the NBC and subsequently to your FO by the time the letter gets to the Chicago Lockbox which means they will have a tough time trying to figure out where to send it.

Your next opportunity at making the change will be at your interview.

Hello.

I need some advices.
I mailed out my package with tracking service on 10/5 and they received it on 10/7.
It's already 13 days since they received.
I'm wondering I should ask them or wait up to 30 days.
It would be great if you can give me your advice.

Thank you.

Hello.

I need some advices.
I mailed out my package with tracking service on 10/5 and they received it on 10/7.
It's already 13 days since they received.
I'm wondering I should ask them or wait up to 30 days.
It would be great if you can give me your advice.

Thank you.

Technically speaking, it's only been 9 working days since your package was delivered considering USCIS doesn't operate on weekends. So you need to exercise some patience.

Also take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long on average it's been taking others to receive their NOA after sending in their AOS package.

Thank you very much for your reply earlier!

I have a few of questions that I am still unsure about:

The AOS package sheet provided on the first page says to include the I-693 Form (Basically the physical exam proof) in the AOS package. My question is: Do the medical exam and vaccinations have to be done BEFORE I send them in with the AOS package or is the medical examination needed at the time of the interview (I was just confused because it states not to rush into doing the exam if the case number is high ((mine is EU14XXX))?

Another question is regarding the G-325A form. In the section about the parents it asks for "City and Country of Residence". My father passed away, so do I just leave it blank or write "deceased"? Also on the same form do I check "Naturalization", "Status as Permanent Resident", or "Other"? (I am currently an F-1 student on OPT residing in the USA).

Thank you so much for all your help and support!

Thank you very much for your reply earlier!

I have a few of questions that I am still unsure about:

The AOS package sheet provided on the first page says to include the I-693 Form (Basically the physical exam proof) in the AOS package. My question is: Do the medical exam and vaccinations have to be done BEFORE I send them in with the AOS package or is the medical examination needed at the time of the interview (I was just confused because it states not to rush into doing the exam if the case number is high ((mine is EU14XXX))?

Another question is regarding the G-325A form. In the section about the parents it asks for "City and Country of Residence". My father passed away, so do I just leave it blank or write "deceased"? Also on the same form do I check "Naturalization", "Status as Permanent Resident", or "Other"? (I am currently an F-1 student on OPT residing in the USA).

Thank you so much for all your help and support!

1. You have to do your medical exam BEFORE sending the package, because you have to include the closed and sealed envelope with your result inside your AOS package. Your case would probably become current by January, so you can go make your medical exam by December... You will know it with enough time checking the VB.
2. My father also past away and I just wrote: Not Alive (Because it is the option you have for the same question in other forms)
3. You are applying for "Status as Permanent Resident".

Technically speaking, it's only been 9 working days since your package was delivered considering USCIS doesn't operate on weekends. So you need to exercise some patience.

Also take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long on average it's been taking others to receive their NOA after sending in their AOS package.

Thank you for quick reply.
I will wait for NOA for a while.

I'm surprised that by now you don't just respond to these posts with a two word summary:

"Spreadsheet. Timelines."

:D

I went through the spreadsheet , i have all my documents ready to be send (AF10xxx). I only have one missing thing and it is the sponsorship form , is it really required to have a sponsor in order to file for AOS?? because i could not find any? i also have a question about part 2 of the i-485 form , which category should i select since i am doing an AOS , i am a F-1 originally ?

I went through the spreadsheet , i have all my documents ready to be send (AF10xxx). I only have one missing thing and it is the sponsorship form , is it really required to have a sponsor in order to file for AOS?? because i could not find any? i also have a question about part 2 of the i-485 form , which category should i select since i am doing an AOS , i am a F-1 originally ?

If you have other means of proving you're not likely to become a public charge, you may not need to present the affidavit of support.

Select option 'H' and write "Visa lottery winner - selectee notification letter attached"

also, the Kcc already sent me the dv fee receipt by email, am I supposed to receive it through mail box too? (The original receipt)

Hi , I recieved our NOA letters today. But there is a diffrence between mine and my husband's with our children. In our noa there is a part that says about next step which is about biometrics appointment but in my children's there is nothing about it! Do Ineed to call them? Because for our asylum case I took them either but now I dont know what should I do?