• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to CS sent by email.

Here is my finding.
If the case in not selected (I have about 10 of those) the POST happens and returns in around 200ms (1/5 of a second). That is consistent and I am attaching a jpg to show what I mean.

In the case of Connectedspace number I click submit and you can see the POST takes much longer to return (around 2 seconds typically). It is doing something different in that 2 seconds because not selected comes back fast.

What could be the difference? Well pure speculation, but if I were writing an app that had to check the numbers I would give the system a quick way to tell 9.9 million people "not selected". I would have a quick lookup on the case. If someone is selected, I would need to go and get the pdf image to display a letter (the 1NL). Now, if I couldn't get that pdf for some reason (and these things are often as stupid as permissions), I would put up the session timeout after a while (1.5 to 2 seconds is LOADS of time).

I can't be certain - this is just guesswork.

Both jpgs below.

This is like an episode of Matlock.

Here is my finding.
If the case in not selected (I have about 10 of those) the POST happens and returns in around 200ms (1/5 of a second). That is consistent and I am attaching a jpg to show what I mean.

In the case of Connectedspace number I click submit and you can see the POST takes much longer to return (around 2 seconds typically). It is doing something different in that 2 seconds because not selected comes back fast.

What could be the difference? Well pure speculation, but if I were writing an app that had to check the numbers I would give the system a quick way to tell 9.9 million people "not selected". I would have a quick lookup on the case. If someone is selected, I would need to go and get the pdf image to display a letter (the 1NL). Now, if I couldn't get that pdf for some reason (and these things are often as stupid as permissions), I would put up the session timeout after a while (1.5 to 2 seconds is LOADS of time).

Both jpgs below.

Aww crap. I just tested a second - it does the same but much faster - almost as fast as the not selected.

Not certain......

Here is my finding.

Both jpgs below.

Great detective work! Hopefully KCC fixes whatever this is in the morning and we can all know what's going on.

I just messaged you the details so you can investigate this further.

Thank you - have emailed you - that is the second - and as I just posted it is faster than CS.

However, these cases (yours and CS) are predictably timing out on various machines and if I switch back to a case that is not selected I get that message just fine....

I can't believe it!!!!!

VxjxDLa.png

Morning everyone! (Or nite note :))
I'm loosing hope since me and my husband get the not selected page super fast.
Let's justo wait for official news.
Thanks everyone for sharing their experience.
And thanks the moderators for helping us during this hard process!

Thank you - have emailed you - that is the second - and as I just posted it is faster than CS.

However, these cases (yours and CS) are predictably timing out on various machines and if I switch back to a case that is not selected I get that message just fine....

Thank you so much for your work! I guess only time will tell for sure...

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I have a question. My brother's family applied with a total of 3 people. I have been checking their statuses and two of the people's status loaded straight up saying NOT SELECTED. The third one keeps getting weird messages such as "technical difficulties" or most of the time it says "session timed out." I have been going crazy checking, trying out different order of confirmation numbers, and it's always the same thing. Do you think there is hope for the third person? Mainly due to the same "session timed out" message and no straight answer?

Thanks a bunch!

Same with one of my friend's application. One of the application keeps saying "Session timed out". Looks suspicious. This happens only on one specific applications. Others simply return HAVE NOT BEEN SELECTED

Same with one of my friend's application. One of the application keeps saying "Session timed out". Looks suspicious. This happens only on one specific applications. Others simply return HAVE NOT BEEN SELECTED

I am hopeful until my hopes get completely shattered!

Hi, ladies and gentlemen! I had participated this year, but the results are to sad. I had filled two applications and checked it yesterday and today some minutes ago- "have not been selected". IT's so sad, dv 2014 was a really tight joke who had a big case and haven't a chance to participate in lottery, a big casses didn't rise up.

P.S. HI sloner, i see you are there again . I had drop out from DV 2015. Sloner do you predict the numbers in DV 2015 ?
Guys, i had looked through some pages and i hadn't see any lucky.
I had dissapointed in lottery. :(

Hello everyone.I am new here but i have been following the forum for months.Last year i entered DV 2015 for both me and my brother.When i checked on 1 May it was for both of us Has been not selected.I checked it again next day my brother entry changed in a winner.He is now in USA.Last night i checked mine and a friend entry.My friends says Not valid information but i am writing everything right as it is in the printed letter.I hope for ERROR like DV 2015.

I'm getting the same error. "The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number ". Impossible to make it work. I tried everything. I also tried to recover the Confirmation number. No way. I put all informations as in my confirmation email. Anyone getting the same error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.