• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please I have received the message "not been selected for furtherprocessing...." can I still have a chance to be selected later ?.Because they say in home page to keep confirmations number till 2016. Please help me. I am dvlottery 2016 applicant.

I'm getting the same error. "The information entered is not valid. Please review the Confirmation Number ". Impossible to make it work. I tried everything. I also tried to recover the Confirmation number. No way. I put all informations as in my confirmation email. Anyone getting the same error ?

That error happens when you mix something up (transpose a character or something). Try the forgot confirmation number functionality.

That error happens when you mix something up (transpose a character or something). Try the forgot confirmation number functionality.

As I said in my previous post, It's impossible as I kept a PDF page of the confirmation. I just copied/pasted the confirmation number. And same problem for Forgot Confirmation.
That's really weird... I don't know what to think :/

Man, ur anaylsis is wrong, when u analyze, based on what u analyse? Weird though everyone listens to u as ur the lottery maker, this analysis is wrong, session timed out is bcz of the internet and is bcz of the load, not pdf thing not anything, millions are getting the not selected thing, so they have a problem, ull see the next days, or maybe today! But dont analyize like this plz!

I've been eagerly reading these forums since the DV2016 results were able to be checked. Still haven't checked mine yet as I can see that no one else has been successful and there appears to be fault or technical mishap of some sort, so will wait a couple of days and check then. A nice lesson in patience, if nothing else ;)

However, I just want to say a big shout out to @Britsimon for all the hard work he is putting in to try and provide some information and help out all those who applied for DV2016! I know some people have criticised his posts, but I, and I think I speak for the majority of other users on this forum, are extremely grateful for all the words of wisdom he provides and the time and effort he puts in to help others, so thank you, from a hopeful (fingers crossed!!) DV2016 successful selectee!:)

Man, ur anaylsis is wrong, when u analyze, based on what u analyse? Weird though everyone listens to u as ur the lottery maker, this analysis is wrong, session timed out is bcz of the internet and is bcz of the load, not pdf thing not anything, millions are getting the not selected thing, so they have a problem, ull see the next days, or maybe today! But dont analyize like this plz!

You're just wrong - not a single person in the world has seen the "selected" message. If it was internet load we'd still see some winners. The "winning" message page being broken is the most plausible explanation.

I've been eagerly reading these forums since the DV2016 results were able to be checked. Still haven't checked mine yet as I can see that no one else has been successful and there appears to be fault or technical mishap of some sort, so will wait a couple of days and check then. A nice lesson in patience, if nothing else ;)

However, I just want to say a big shout out to @Britsimon for all the hard work he is putting in to try and provide some information and help out all those who applied for DV2016! I know some people have criticised his posts, but I, and I think I speak for the majority of other users on this forum, are extremely grateful for all the words of wisdom he provides and the time and effort he puts in to help others, so thank you, from a hopeful (fingers crossed!!) DV2016 successful selectee!:)
Man i am not saying anything yhe guys is a hardworker, and yes thank you for helping out everyone, but what am saying at first he didnt admit there was an error and now when he admit, the analysis is really faulty, very bad analysis, its like weird stuff though, going to get pdf and i dont kbow what, and abt the 1 second and 2 second non selectess thing, the department of state have a servers that are very huge and they have very fast response, so normally u will get ur answer with 1 second or 2, not to take time and go to i dont know what and get the pdf and to start anaylsis like this, what am trying to say hes a good guy for advices, but a MAN doesnt always know everything, sometimes hes ignorant, so dont play that u know everything, its a frustating moment to all and we dont blame him, bcz none , not even the employees there now whats happening, i myself called kcc, and no answer from them till now! So lets just wait and see

You're just wrong - not a single person in the world has seen the "selected" message. If it was internet load we'd still see some winners. The "winning" message page being broken is the most plausible explanation.
I am not saying i have seen a winner, i am the one who said first theres an error, i have more than 50 confirmation numbers, non selected, all belong to my family , friends , neighbors, i even applied for the workers that we have, but i am saying theres an error , wait and see results will be updated soon!
The way system works, is that when u press to check the status, it will go directly to see ur name on the winners list, if not found else, it will give u non selected, what if the list of the winners not ready yet, ha? This is

I myself got the ''session time out'' immediately after the first time I checked last night (I am in Eastern Europe),and for all the subsequent times I checked after that (4-5 times).
This morning I tried to check again but the ''entrant status check'' page doesn't even load. I'm waiting for the traffic to ease up a bit and will try again later.
Britsimon, I hope your analysis would come out to be correct! However, I've been entering for many years unsuccessfully and don't expect much really. Entering every year has become a routine for me, kinda like taking the car in for service and be done with it.

First and foremost, I would like to commend @Britsimon for all the goodwill he is doing in these forums. I have been a member for quite a while and even though I have not been posting anything but I've been a regular viewer and an ardent reader of Britsimon's posts. Besides putting up with people's critism and insults, this gentleman has quite some energy and may God bless him!

My (optimistic) opinion is that, as a programmer, I think of one possibility; they have setup everything correctly but they probably have not linked the queries into the DV 2016 database. Specifically, I think that they have the queries directed to the DV 2015 database hence all confirmation numbers will be given a NOT SELECTED notice. What they need to do is just correct that and we will all get proper results. For DV 2015, of the people I had submitted applications for, one was my nephew's. When I checked on the 1st of May last year, his was NOT SELECTED and then after they sent an email to all applicants to recheck the status the next day, he was RANDOMLY SELECTED! Therefore, I think the query was the case last year and it is the case this year.

I have been applying for DV since 1993 and only skipped DV 2005 (the first online DV) and have still not been selected. I lived in the US between 1998 and 2002 as a student, so I know why I would like to go back and live there - its a beautiful country with lots of opportunities. Therefore, I'm already immuned to the disappointment of NOT BEING SELECTED! However, I'm still a hopeful.

Therefore, my fellow hopefuls, understand Britsimon when he tries not to give anyone unconfirmed hopes. He is only protecting you and himself. If there really is a technical glitch, it will be corrected (believe me, Americans are thorough), and appropriate action will be taken to correct the situation. However, in the meantime, if our fates say that we are NOT SELECTED, then let's accept that as reality and move on with our lives. If any corrections will be made, they will officially communicate through email.

All the best to everyone!

Hi guys! I've been following the forum for months but now with all this dv 2016 drama I thought I would register and take part in the discussion. As for myself, I did see the Not selected message straight away, as many of you have reported. I logged in right at noon EST and experienced no traffic whatsoever (which I thought was odd). I was led straight to the not selected page.

Now, regarding the debate on session time out -- I am following a forum here in my own country where several people report seeing session time out consistently and THEN seing not selected also consistently. Apparently, the website is unavailable to them as of writing this post. I gather that these people cannot load the status check page at all. For whatever reason I am capable to check my status even now without any delays or technical errors.

Has anybody else experienced this change of error message from session time out to not selected? Are you able to still access the website at this moment?

We are looking for the "lucky winner" like kids waiting for kinder surprise. Don't you see that everything is broken in their landing page. They need time to fix it, probably they will start from scratch so all we need is #patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.