• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Yutta88 I've tried non selected numbers before and after entering my sister in law's and my niece's and the results are different for each one of them so it's not a connection problem.

yes very true in my case as well.....infact me and my wife's result is displayed so fast I doubt it is even bothering to check the database....funny isn't?? lol

Hi Guys,

Yup I was selected 2500+ for Ocenia 2014, now my wife and I both got 'unsuccessful' for DV2016, funny thing is, my unsuccesful result is returned in a few seconds (checking data?) My wifes is instant, no pause at all? Kind of too quick seems weird.
Myself and my partner both got selected in Oceania for Dv2015, both of us 2000+ and then dv2016 both unsuccessful, so after all of this we are back to the drawing board with nothing on the table DV wise.

Anyone else getting "Session timed out" error ?

I am when checking for one of the applicants from my brother's family. I'm getting it constantly for this particular person. What's interesting is that the other two people were "not selected" all day and now one of them is getting a "technical difficulties" message occasionally. Not sure it that's because half of the world is awake again or what.

There's some error clearly, I don't see any other explanations why there are no winners yet. I am wondering if people who have seen "Session timed out" error are getting it constantly?

I am getting it constantly for one of the applicants I'm checking for. That's why I am here trying to make sense of it and to see if the moderators or anybody else has witnessed it in the past as well as the outcome of that message.

Hi Simon. I've been checking my sister-in-law's confirmation code and the message ¨Session time ou¨appears in red
Do you have any idea of what the problem is. I'm a DV 2014 winner,now a Permanent Resident in Georgia. The day of the Draw I checked my number and the same message was in the screen. A day later, I checked again and the winning letter came up.

OMG! You are giving me hope! I was hanging by a thread without any kind of a straight answer for my brother's family!!! I so hope it does turn out that way!

im not sure if that is true. i got nHAS NOT BEEN SELECTED first time, time out second time andHAS NOT BEEN SELECTED again. im sure i dont have any connection problem due i live in toronto.

I was tied up :) Sent about fifteen mins ago!

Update to CS sent by email.

Here is my finding.
If the case in not selected (I have about 10 of those) the POST happens and returns in around 200ms (1/5 of a second). That is consistent and I am attaching a jpg to show what I mean.

In the case of Connectedspace number I click submit and you can see the POST takes much longer to return (around 2 seconds typically). It is doing something different in that 2 seconds because not selected comes back fast.

What could be the difference? Well pure speculation, but if I were writing an app that had to check the numbers I would give the system a quick way to tell 9.9 million people "not selected". I would have a quick lookup on the case. If someone is selected, I would need to go and get the pdf image to display a letter (the 1NL). Now, if I couldn't get that pdf for some reason (and these things are often as stupid as permissions), I would put up the session timeout after a while (1.5 to 2 seconds is LOADS of time).

I can't be certain - this is just guesswork.

Both jpgs below.

Attachments

• ESCpost.JPG
    ESCpost.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 41
  • ESCpostsessiontimeout.JPG
    ESCpostsessiontimeout.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 38
Why the god unfair for me. I was selected in DV2014 but high CN . I tried apply for DV2015 and DV2016 but still not selected :(

Hello everyone.I am new here but i have been following the forum for months.Last year i entered DV 2015 for both me and my brother.When i checked on 1 May it was for both of us Has been not selected.I checked it again next day my brother entry changed in a winner.He is now in USA.Last night i checked mine and a friend entry.My friends says Not valid information but i am writing everything right as it is in the printed letter.I hope for ERROR like DV 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.