• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Our checklist from the Sydney consulate says US sized passport photo.
I know we need the 2" by 2" for the interview, but I am not sure of the police check and medical. Does the checklist explicitly say this requirement for medical and police check too?

I know we need the 2" by 2" for the interview, but I am not sure of the police check and medical. Does the checklist explicitly say this requirement for medical and police check too?

Ah, for the police check we didn't need a photo. For the medical it might be best to double check with the place you're going to do the exam. The medical centre I'm going to sent me an email asking to bring in 6 identical Aussie passport photos.

So, I've been debating whether to make this post or not. My number came up in the 2016 DV lottery, 2016OC9xx, and....I'm not sure I'll be accepting the offer...
I've yet to return my DS-260 for a number of reasons, among them the fact that my current job doesn't pay very well and I don't have a lot of savings and a few months ago I had a falling out with some of my best US friends (the ones I would've been staying with immediately following a relocation) and haven't spoken to them since.
At the same time, I'm not really sure how much of a future I have in Australia, the industry I have my bachelor's degree in is very small here and entry level is highly contested, I've spent 3 years trying to get into a junior role with no success. I honestly don't know what to do at the moment, I was sure when I sent in my entry but it feels like success couldn't have come at a worse time.

:confused:

So, I've been debating whether to make this post or not. My number came up in the 2016 DV lottery, 2016OC9xx, and....I'm not sure I'll be accepting the offer...
I've yet to return my DS-260 for a number of reasons, among them the fact that my current job doesn't pay very well and I don't have a lot of savings and a few months ago I had a falling out with some of my best US friends (the ones I would've been staying with immediately following a relocation) and haven't spoken to them since.
At the same time, I'm not really sure how much of a future I have in Australia, the industry I have my bachelor's degree in is very small here and entry level is highly contested, I've spent 3 years trying to get into a junior role with no success. I honestly don't know what to do at the moment, I was sure when I sent in my entry but it feels like success couldn't have come at a worse time.

So you are in a low paid job and you have been trying to get a junior role but can't. Then you won the lottery and you aren't sure what to do. I think you need to read this joke....

So there's this really religious guy named Jim. He's always praying and going to church and loving Jesus and what not.

One day there is a big flood and the whole town starts to fill up with water. Jim is not worried. He is quite sure that he is on Gods good side.

The water fills up the first floor of his house, so he has to sit up in his upstairs bedroom. Outside his window he sees his friend Fred going by in a rowboat. Fred says "Hey Jim! Get on this boat and we'll be safe!". Jim replies "No Fred, I am waiting for a sign from God!". Fred rows away.

The water gets higher and Jim has to sit on his roof. Then Fred comes by again. "Hey Jim, get on the boat!" he says. "No Fred," Replies Jim "I am waiting for a sign from God"

The water gets even higher and Jim has to sit on the chimney. Then he hears Fred approaching in a helicopter. "Get in the helicopter Jim!" says Fred. "No," Says Jim "I am waiting for a sign"

Then the water gets even higher. Then Jim dies.

Jim goes to heaven and he sees God on his way in. Jim is a little bit miffed at God. He says to him "God, I've been a good man all my life! Why did you let me drown in the flood? Why didn't you send me a sign?"

And God says:

"What are you talking about Jim? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!"

If it's any consolation, your number is in the higher end of OC cases so you won't be called up for an interview until later in the financial year so you still have some time to think about it. PLUS you have 6 months to activate, then if you wish, return to Australia and take another year before making the move - leaving you plenty of time to save and get your affairs in order. I'm in a similar position to you that the field I want to work in in Australia is almost non-existent and I don't see much of a future here. Just remember that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and life is meant for living... ;)

Hi guys my visa has been issued thank God. I am the happiest person on earth right now..
Thank you all so much for everything I wouldn't have done it without the help of this forum. I am so lucky that I met all these lovely people. Thank u all again from the bottom of my heart:)
Hooray! I am so happy for you :)

1550556965_hooray_jumping_up_and_down_xlarge.gif

Hi guys my visa has been issued thank God. I am the happiest person on earth right now..
Thank you all so much for everything I wouldn't have done it without the help of this forum. I am so lucky that I met all these lovely people. Thank u all again from the bottom of my heart:)

Awesome, didn't even take a week to get that approval! Congratulations! :)

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats @Dalia2015 - bet you're a happy camper.

Awesome!

hello all, So glad to find this Forum!!!! I'm having some serious decision making problems and could do with some friendly advice. I'm living in the UK on the 2 year young person VISA and have applied for my interview in London. I've just found out i have to go home for 2 months to Aus for Dec and Jan. My case number is under 500 and the November Visa bulletin says 525 under are up after November. Do i ask to change my interview location to Sydney in the hope it gets scheduled before Jan? I entered my DS-260 end of June. I was wondering what the timeframe was for people on receiving their 2NL and when the interview was scheduled. Eeeep :eek:

hello all, So glad to find this Forum!!!! I'm having some serious decision making problems and could do with some friendly advice. I'm living in the UK on the 2 year young person VISA and have applied for my interview in London. I've just found out i have to go home for 2 months to Aus for Dec and Jan. My case number is under 500 and the November Visa bulletin says 525 under are up after November. Do i ask to change my interview location to Sydney in the hope it gets scheduled before Jan? I entered my DS-260 end of June. I was wondering what the timeframe was for people on receiving their 2NL and when the interview was scheduled. Eeeep :eek:

I think it is highly likely that they have already set your interview to be in London in December - and your will be notified about that in about 7 to 10 days. If I were you I would contact them immediately and see if they will change that. Phone them at first - and see what they say. They will probably expect you to send them an email with an address where you will be staying in/near Sydney.

For the email they will want full case number, full name and DOB in mm/dd/yyyy format PLUS the Sydney address.

Thank you so much for this and all your insight! I'll follow this up immediately. It is so relieving to have a plan of action rather than double guessing myself into circles.

Congratulations Dalia.... So happy for you, yay!!!