• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Right up to point of entry. When you validate your visa, you can let the custom / border officer know of the change of address.

Hi all. We got the 2NL this morning advising of an interview in December. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice.

I also wanted to know what people paid for their medical. The recommended place in Brisbane charges $485 per person which seems steep.

Thanks again.

Hi sorry I have another question.

We have realised that the document we thought was a police certificate is actually a letter from that department within the Hong Kong Police Service which is signed and stamped which states that I have no criminal convictions. My partner's police check just arrived today and for some reason he has an actual police certificate issued by the Hong Kong Police Service.

Do you think the letter will suffice for the purposes of proving that I have no criminal convictions? It will be obvious at the interview because one person will have a letter and one will have a certificate?

Thank you.

Hi all. We got the 2NL this morning advising of an interview in December. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice.

I also wanted to know what people paid for their medical. The recommended place in Brisbane charges $485 per person which seems steep.

Thanks again.

Does anyone know if they charge the same amount for children's medicals as adults?

Hi sorry I have another question.

We have realised that the document we thought was a police certificate is actually a letter from that department within the Hong Kong Police Service which is signed and stamped which states that I have no criminal convictions. My partner's police check just arrived today and for some reason he has an actual police certificate issued by the Hong Kong Police Service.

Do you think the letter will suffice for the purposes of proving that I have no criminal convictions? It will be obvious at the interview because one person will have a letter and one will have a certificate?

Thank you.

How quickly can you get the other check?

so should we be expecting to pay upwards to $500 each for the medical? Was anyone able to save any money on this one? BTW we'll be doing the medicals in Melbourne.

There used to be an instruction from Sydney that said that it had to be a complete check (including spent and unspent). Now they've removed that so maybe the 33 is ok now?

Congrats to today's winners. This is why I love Tuesdays.
Theyve removed it? So from now on you only need the basic one for Sydney?

There is no way to save money on the medical, other than by getting vaccinations done by your GP instead of the panel doctor. We did our medicals with Dr Charles in Port Melbourne and saved a couple hundred getting the vaccs done beforehand.

@LazyDoggie, with the DS2053, in Australia the panel doctor has the forms, which you fill out once you arrive at the appointment.. You don't need to bring them in yourself for the Aussies.

Last edited:
Theyve removed it? So from now on you only need the basic one for Sydney?

I would still get the full one. It doesn't cost any more (AFAIK) and then there is no question that your police check is fine. The standard check excludes spent offences. Personally, if you have to get one done, may as well get the complete one IMO.

@LazyDoggie, with the DS2053, in Australia the panel doctor has the forms, which you fill out once you arrive at the appointment.. You don't need to bring them in yourself for the Aussies.

I was charged $33 for one form (x 4 family members) as the doctor said I should have had the forms with me beforehand. Do you think I was ripped-off?

I was charged $33 for one form (x 4 family members) as the doctor said I should have had the forms with me beforehand. Do you think I was ripped-off?

Yes. Our doctor had them, filled them in, put them in the package to go to the embassy with the rest of the medical stuff.
You may want to mention this - after your interview is complete! - to the people at the consulate. I am sure they will not be happy that he is charging you for a form he is supposed to provide anyway and one that, as Emily says, is free- as are all forms needed for the process.

so should we be expecting to pay upwards to $500 each for the medical? Was anyone able to save any money on this one? BTW we'll be doing the medicals in Melbourne.

Captive market. You have to use a panel doctor. Every country I am aware of, that means you pay way more than you would to other docs...