• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

I have submitted the translated BC.... waiting for the verdict. Hope all is well .....

after the interview, I did ask the CO, is my visa approved... she said I believe so. But we need you to submit the translated BC :(:(
There is no harm of sending an email to enquire about your case, that's what I've don personally yesterday and they replied Stright away saying my visa is ready, I have all our passports with me today (Tuesday) with the visa in them. I am sure it gonna be fine:)

A quick (perhaps trivial) question for anyone who has interviewed at Sydney, I have a vague memory of reading somewhere on here that we aren't allowed plastic folders upstairs with us - is this the case? I was planning on having two folders - one with required docs and another back up folder, but if this isn't allowed I will have to figure out another strategy... I just don't want them taking everything and the CO running off with a mountain of pointless docs. :D

A quick (perhaps trivial) question for anyone who has interviewed at Sydney, I have a vague memory of reading somewhere on here that we aren't allowed plastic folders upstairs with us - is this the case? I was planning on having two folders - one with required docs and another back up folder, but if this isn't allowed I will have to figure out another strategy... I just don't want them taking everything and the CO running off with a mountain of pointless docs. :D
The ladies at level 10 will take your checklist with the supporting documents and will place it in plastic folder and as for the extra paper work that you have , you are allowed to take it with you in your own folder, they won't look at it. You will still take your own folders with you to level 56:)

VB says Oceana is 525 in December. Man, they are tearing up OC this year. Slightly behind last year (last year was 650 for December) but, without the long tail that the OC had last year, it seems like they are already nearly halfway through the case numbers.

@connectedspace, get your things today matey, you're going to AMERICA!

omg... so soon, far out! we're #early500s..

So, next steps:

- Get docs ready
- Wait until we're notified via 2NL which will be emailed to primary applicant ( which= our invitation providing date for interview in Syd)
- Prepare for a December interview

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
omg... so soon, far out! we're #early500s..

So, next steps:

- Get docs ready
- Wait until we're notified via 2NL which will be emailed to primary applicant ( which= our invitation providing date for interview in Syd)
- Prepare for a December interview

Am I missing anything?

Book medical after 2NL! :) And yes, prepare for US life... forgot about that part. :D

Lol, it won't necessarily happen that fast. We were approved in April and we're going to be here in Oz until January at least. We're taking our time.

Hi guys my visa has been issued thank God. I am the happiest person on earth right now..
Thank you all so much for everything I wouldn't have done it without the help of this forum. I am so lucky that I met all these lovely people. Thank u all again from the bottom of my heart:)
That is AWESOME!! Congratulations

Received our 2NL letter this morning. Our interview has been scheduled for 8th December in Sydney. (!)

My husband is looking at the potential of setting up a U.S. branch of the Australian company he works for here (he will be applying for the green card via the 'work experience' route). Will there be any issues if he is asked any questions regarding what he intends to do work-wise in the U.S.? Would that not be favourable in anyway?

Received our 2NL letter this morning. Our interview has been scheduled for 8th December in Sydney. (!)

My husband is looking at the potential of setting up a U.S. branch of the Australian company he works for here (he will be applying for the green card via the 'work experience' route). Will there be any issues if he is asked any questions regarding what he intends to do work-wise in the U.S.? Would that not be favourable in anyway?

Be sure to look at the work experience prep on this page http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/

Hi Guys

I had created a profile on USTravelDocs a few months back - before I received my 2NL. Do I need to schedule an appointment through this website since I have received my 2NL now? Anyway, only the NIV option is available - no option to select IV.

Hi Guys

I had created a profile on USTravelDocs a few months back - before I received my 2NL. Do I need to schedule an appointment through this website since I have received my 2NL now? Anyway, only the NIV option is available - no option to select IV.

You just need the account, not an appointment.

Hey guys,what is a high case number?mine is 2016 AF00036*****

Well as written, your number is over 3600000 - which would be crazy high (since the highest AF case number is probably around 57000). So - I think you included too many asterisks and your number is either 3600 ish (low) or 36000 ish (medium high).

As I mentioned a number near 57k would be considered high.