• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Yes all my certificates are legitimate and correct, I am not worried about it. I am just minding the wait :)

Then let me be the first here to say CONGRATULATIONS!! (seeing at the certificate validation is a mere administrative formality). But yeah - waiting sucks :(

Hi guys
I think I am okay, the lady told me that they need to send my education certificates to Egypt to validate them as they are not familiar with the Egyptian certificate. Does that mean it's okay??? She gave me a yellow paper and wrote on it validity educational documents..

Well done on getting through the interview!! Think of how long already you have already been waiting for the GC and these extra 2 weeks will just be a little blip in the timeline... They will seem very insignificant once you have your passports back in your hands. :)

She didn't ask me anything, very happy and bubbly person. She went through my paper work and was greeting me for winning the lottery. That was it. She didn't ask me anything, She told me once I get the confirmation I will issue the visa for you.. I don't know I guess I have to wait..

I got approved!!!

Really excited. I was stressed cause I had the 33 police check instead of the 35. I ordered a 35, but it arrived after I left for Sydney. I put the one I had in, and had with me confirmation that I've ordered the 35. The interviewer didn't even bat an eyelid at it, and signed it off.

I was only asked 1 question "have you ever lived in another country?" Then, congratulations you've been approved. Etc.

So happy!!

She didn't ask me anything, very happy and bubbly person. She went through my paper work and was greeting me for winning the lottery. That was it. She didn't ask me anything, She told me once I get the confirmation I will issue the visa for you.. I don't know I guess I have to wait..

Congratulations! I know you won't be happy until it's in your hands but it's still a good result!

Congratulations!

So exciting.

There was a person before me that got denied. It was heart breaking to watch.

Lol @ "just can't wait", pity you waited so long to submit your Ds260!!!!! If it had been done early you would be scheduled...

Re checking, both. The email will just tell you that the page has been updated, but the emails seem to go astray or into junk sometimes. So watch th forum for when other people start saying they have received 2NLs and check then.

thanks. it is a relieve to be apart of this forum. and you are correct that it is a pity on my part to wait and submit my Ds260 very late. in fact, i must say and admit that i almost innocently let or pass this great opportunity by as i accidently misplace my confirmation information which i have searched for it since May this year but couldn't find it. i had my wife and my brother and my father in law confirmations which unfortunately received advised that they have not been successful for further processing. So i had to look for mine until my wife brought in her external storage which i happened to save my confirmation in. this was around august this year and that is why i just managed to complete and send in my Ds260. otherwise i coul have done earlier and may be should have been scheduled as you said. but here is a brief history of my experience with dv2016. like many of you when you enter your information and from past experiences where you entered the information and every time i did that for all those that i mentioned above it basically the same familiar notice from dvlottery organizers, unsuccessful. however when i opened mine and put in my details i couldn't believe what i saw and behled because it was different from what i have seen for the last 2 to 3 years. i couldn't believe my eyes and i had to keep silent for a while before i told my wife the news, she was burst into joy and we cried. as a matter of fact and as i have said i have tried this dvlottery 2 years back but i had to apply for my wife only and her father and i exclude myself i guess i was not ready to migrate at that time. anyway, one of my friends told me that in order to increase our chances of getting our greencard to live in the US we have to apply together hence i took my friend's advise and did apply both of us last year including one of my siblings. so it actually my first time and you never know when you will be lucky and be blessed to be selected. like i said we just can't wait to our 2NL and interview if all goes well. our two older boys are also anxious to move away from the effect of climate change but most of all they can't wait to see and live in the country that they were born in. our youngest is just like us waiting to get our visa so we can be with our two us citizen boys and to live in their homeland. cheers and congrat all winners this year and good luck everyone in their dv2017.

I got approved!!!

Really excited. I was stressed cause I had the 33 police check instead of the 35. I ordered a 35, but it arrived after I left for Sydney. I put the one I had in, and had with me confirmation that I've ordered the 35. The interviewer didn't even bat an eyelid at it, and signed it off.

I was only asked 1 question "have you ever lived in another country?" Then, congratulations you've been approved. Etc.

So happy!!

33 is the correct one, not 35?

Hi all,

I went for my interview this morning and it was the easiest thing ever, even easier than my J1. They checked off my docs and my interview consisted of them asking me whether I was a student or working in New York on my J1 (very conversational) and what I do for work in Australia. I had answers prepared for a bunch of questions but didn't need to use any of them. It was just a tick and flick of my degree, birth certificate and police certificate.

That being said, I have a very straight forward application with no derivatives, high level of education etc. It seemed as though as long as you qualify properly they don't mind the other stuff. I did see two people get rejected too and it was devastating. They had the wrong chargeability, one was born in the Phillipines and one was born in Khazakstan.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this forum, it was invaluable in calming my nerves in the lead up :)

Congratulations guys!! @AcidPops @trezonk So exciting to have DV2016 off to a great start! Sad to hear you had to watch people be denied, it's a pity that some people flout the simple instructions for the lottery... :(

33 is the correct one, not 35?

There used to be an instruction from Sydney that said that it had to be a complete check (including spent and unspent). Now they've removed that so maybe the 33 is ok now?

Congrats to today's winners. This is why I love Tuesdays.

There used to be an instruction from Sydney that said that it had to be a complete check (including spent and unspent). Now they've removed that so maybe the 33 is ok now?

but 33 is the complete check? So I'm not sure why he was stressed, unless he mis-typed 33 and 35.