• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Indeed, they absolutely do their best to reach 50k and indeed often go over it - the 'true' DV limit is actually 55k so they can. This is the whole reason they selected so many people in DVs 2014 and 2015 to begin with.
The one thing to be careful of is assuming they will go hell for leather for each regional quota. Remember the quotas here are estimates - good ones, but estimates - and if they underfill one region they can make the 50k up with another.
Indeed Susie, however it looks to me that all regions are behind their targets at the moment. I remember seeing the calculations made by DV-Roger and they made a lot of sense. I think they should stick to those quotas especially that all regions have enough winners to fill them.

I m EU number..very low increase this month... I lost hope ... I do not think they care if they issue 50K or less..even if they should care ..
EU looks so much better than AS at the moment, it even has a chance to go current more than other regions. I wish you the best :)

Yes, I would suggest you continue with your interview preparation. Seems to me like the CBP officer felt like you were trying to enter the U.S. on a NIV with the mind of staying permanently. Anyway, the reason for this denial isn't something that's likely to impact your DV interview as far as I can gather from your narrative.
plz advise, shall i ask KCC to reopen my ds260 form to update this data (visa withdrawing) or i just inform them at the interview

EU looks so much better than AS at the moment, it even has a chance to go current more than other regions. I wish you the best :)

they increased around 580 CN from May to June..EU will not go current ... Ok, I wish you the best too..I am quite stressed..I really hoped I get the card, but not likely now.

Indeed Susie, however it looks to me that all regions are behind their targets at the moment. I remember seeing the calculations made by DV-Roger and they made a lot of sense. I think they should stick to those quotas especially that all regions have enough winners to fill them.

I haven't been looking at the progress of the numbers in great detail but I used to in past years, and it never seemed linear. That said, by this stage one would normally have started seeing bigger leaps in the CNs especially in Africa which is the biggest share of the visas. So yeah... It's a bit worrying. All that said, the reduction in DV2016 # of winners to a more normal level makes me think that they are happy with the progress and that from what they see they should get to 50k at least. I'm sure you are aware that the leap in the # of selectees in the past couple of years was to ensure that there wasn't a repeat of 2012 (without taking into account the specific circumstances of that year that led to the quota being under filled).

u think they need to fill in 50k? maybe they have a plan for that that is not obvious to us...they already issued 22K end of april..I think the backlog is huge and they do not need to advance that much
Actually, I've been thinking about that. Is it possible there are some changes so they're no longer aiming for 50k?! Especially after they selected less winners for DV-2016 (even fewer than pre-DV-2014 numbers).

Actually, I've been thinking about that. Is it possible there are some changes so they're no longer aiming for 50k?! Especially after they selected less winners for DV-2016 (even fewer than pre-DV-2014 numbers).

No. They selected less because they think they need less. Clearly the response rate this year has improved (well obviously as the 2012 fiasco has clearly now fallen out of their calculations!!)

plz advise, shall i ask KCC to reopen my ds260 form to update this data (visa withdrawing) or i just inform them at the interview

What the CBP officer asked you to withdraw is your request to be allowed into the U.S., not the visa itself. So you did not withdraw the visa, they're the ones canceling the visa. Anyway, it's not something you need to unlock your DS form for, the CO will have access to the information regarding the cancelled visa in their system.

What the CBP officer asked you to withdraw is your request to be allowed into the U.S., not the visa itself. So you did not withdraw the visa, they're the ones canceling the visa. Anyway, it's not something you need to unlock your DS form for, the CO will have access to the information regarding the cancelled visa in their system.
thanks Sm1smom for your fast reply, but it was mentioned in my DS260 that i didn't have any canceled or withdrawn visa, and i think that during the interview i have to swear that all the data in the DS260 is right, i just don't want to appear like a liar or trying to hide something. (maybe i am over cautious :) )

thanks Sm1smom for your fast reply, but it was mentioned in my DS260 that i didn't have any canceled or withdrawn visa, and i think that during the interview i have to swear that all the data in the DS260 is right, i just don't want to appear like a liar or trying to hide something. (maybe i am over cautious :) )

Okay, you can ask KCC to unlock your form and make the correction, or wait until you go for the interview and request to make the correction there.

Hello everyone,
I saw on Nepal US embassy website that PCC is required from all countries where I have lived over 6 month after age of 16 for CP. I have been living in US. I saw on forum somewhere that PCC is not required from US because they do their own background check. I am current and found out that FBI report is taking 16-18 weeks now. I won't have it by my interview for sure. Can anyone, experts or someone who has gone through similar situation shed a light on this or cite this, where it says I do not require US PCC? Confused and Nervous. Please help.

Hello everyone,
I saw on Nepal US embassy website that PCC is required from all countries where I have lived over 6 month after age of 16 for CP. I have been living in US. I saw on forum somewhere that PCC is not required from US because they do their own background check. I am current and found out that FBI report is taking 16-18 weeks now. I won't have it by my interview for sure. Can anyone, experts or someone who has gone through similar situation shed a light on this or cite this, where it says I do not require US PCC? Confused and Nervous. Please help.

How to obtain a police certificate:

"Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates"

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...uments/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

How to obtain a police certificate:

"Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates"

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...uments/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

That will settle some nerves. Thanks a lot. Apparently I was reading too much into it. I read that page so many times before but I always missed that part. I guess I may have read/assumed residents as permanent residents-silly me. Now I see why people trust you more than lawyers. You know quite a few things.

Summoning all experts! I have two questions; 1) My sister's interview has been scheduled for the first week of June. However, her address where she currently lives outside of the US and her US address where she will move to (my address) have changed from what were entered into her DS-260. We initially hired an attorney to work on her case, so the attorney was the one who actually completed the DS-260. As a result, the attorney's information were listed as the preparer of the DS-260 as well as the contact person. The attorney's address was also listed as the address to send the green card to. Unfortunately, we had to sever our relationship with the attorney because we were dissatisfied with her service. Considering that my sister's interview is only 3 weeks away, do you suggest that we request to have her DS-260 unlocked so we can revise the information?

2) Because it was the attorney who completed the DS-260, we don't think we are able to retrieve the form because we don't have the Application ID. Are we right on that? We do have a soft copy of the DS-260 Confirmation Page, but we don't know how to access it online.

Any help you can offer will be very greatly appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited:
Summoning all experts! I have two questions; 1) My sister's interview has been scheduled for the first week of June. However, her address where she currently lives outside of the US and her US address where she will move to (my address) have changed from what were entered into her DS-260. We initially hired an attorney to work on her case, so the attorney was the one who actually completed the DS-260. As a result, the attorney's information were listed as the preparer of the DS-260 as well as the contact person. The attorney's address was also listed as the address to send the green card to. Unfortunately, we had to sever our relationship with the attorney because we were dissatisfied with her service. Considering that my sister's interview is only 3 weeks away, do you suggest that we request to have her DS-260 unlocked so we can revise the information?

2) Because it was the attorney who completed the DS-260, we don't think we are able to retrieve the form because we don't have the Application ID. Are we right on that? We do have a soft copy of the DS-360 Confirmation Page, but we don't know how to access it online.

Any help you can offer will be very greatly appreciated. Thank you thank you thank you!

You can't unlock the DS anyway now as the case has been transferred from KCC to the embassy.
She can just update the addresses at the interview, no problem!

Go here https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx
Input your CN and the date of birth for the principal applicant.
From drop down menu choose "applicant".

You said you only have a confirmation page. Print out the whole form in black and white and take it to the interview. We have heard of the cases where it was handy.
You should know 100% of information that was put into DS260. CO will ask you questions, and it is absolutely critical that the important information in the form is accurate and matches your answers. If your attorney inputted inaccurate information you should know this and should be able to correct it at the time of the interview.