• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

The response rate varies by country. Nepal had a very high response rate and very little backlog (good agents).

Now, what many people have missed is the change in the blend between Iran and Nepal.

First point is that Iran has a higher derivative rate than Nepal.

In 2014 Iran had more entries than Nepal (545k versus 380k). In 2015, Iran entries dropped to 499k but Nepal increased to 545k.

What does that mean - well it the derivative rate means that at the same number of family (~5000) Nepal would have more cases than Iran. The entry rate means that Nepal would have received more cases per thousand also. So - Iran actually cuts off sooner than Nepal BUT the Nepalese cases are more dense.

So - Nepal cases are more dense this year and each Nepalese case has a higher response rate and an extremely high approval rate. SO - that means they will hit their limit faster and it has the effect of reducing the highest case number. Hitting 13350 again has always looked doubtful to me once I saw the entry data (just a couple of months ago).

That means that although Iran AP cases are still they key to the whole thing, there is little liklihood of seeing 13XXX, no matter how bad Iranian AP cases do....
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind your last sentence.
I guess the slow progress of Asia made it doubtful that we will see a high final, although that's logical thing.

I was about to say that you shouldn't mention anything less than 13,600, other wise siliconslinger will flood the thread with his manifistations.

I have a dissenting opinion on how Nepal's density and responce rate could affect the finals. I post my logic tomorrow.
Oooh, looking forward to seeing your calculation!

I hope the earthquake causes the response rate to drop dramatically hence more cn for the rest of Asia because kfc can't use up the quota by Nepalese cases so they have to make up for that in roa cases
I think you stand a chance if that's the final cutoff for Nepal (but I think that is unlikely)..

Dears,
my case # is AF399xx..up to date i didn't receive interview notification ,can i prepare police report and medical report , my interview location is in KSA.Riyadh.please help.

I find your attitude completely distasteful.
I agree, the sentiment is both distasteful and non-sensical, as all DS-260 have by now been submitted. He therefore obviously means to say that he is hopeful that folks in Nepal won't be able to attend their medicals and/or consulate interviews, due to the earthquakes, and I will refrain from commenting further on his expressed sentiment, yet do hope he will get what he deserves.

When changing to AOS to CP, does it require unlocking? I had submitted DS 260 a long time ago, and when I email them to change to CP, they just emailed me and said that they have changed to it to CP for my country but it won't show on DS 260. Just mentioning and may be experts here can explain this so everyone can benefit.

When changing to AOS to CP, does it require unlocking? I had submitted DS 260 a long time ago, and when I email them to change to CP, they just emailed me and said that they have changed to it to CP for my country but it won't show on DS 260. Just mentioning and may be experts here can explain this so everyone can benefit.

That's the standard procedure, it does not involve unlocking. The DS form will continue to display AOS, however when your CN becomes current (and assuming the processing has been completed) KCC will go ahead and schedule you for a CP interview. Your change request has been noted by KCC.

Hello again. I have a question about document translation. The .gov website says the translation can be done by practically anyone, as long as the translator is competent and signs a statement. My sister holds an Indonesian citizenship and her interview will be at the US embassy in Singapore. If she were to have her interview done in Indonesia, the translation can only be done by certain sworn translators (see "Additional Embassy or Consulate Instructions" for Jakarta, Indonesia). Do you think we need to worry?

I was about to say that you shouldn't mention anything less than 13,600, other wise siliconslinger will flood the thread with his manifistations.

I have a dissenting opinion on how Nepal's density and responce rate could affect the finals. I post my logic tomorrow.

How dare you????

:p

Hello again. I have a question about document translation. The .gov website says the translation can be done by practically anyone, as long as the translator is competent and signs a statement. My sister holds an Indonesian citizenship and her interview will be at the US embassy in Singapore. If she were to have her interview done in Indonesia, the translation can only be done by certain sworn translators (see "Additional Embassy or Consulate Instructions" for Jakarta, Indonesia). Do you think we need to worry?
Try to find the "Additional Embassy or Consulate Instructions" for Singapore. Email them, so you do not have to worry. I would imagine that in Singapore they would not have this requiremet to use specific translators.

I find your attitude completely distasteful.

Frankly, I don't care, we all only care about our own CN... If it means your number can go current.

Never seen someone said "oh I'm okay with not going current if that means more visas for Nepalese"

Why would i care about a foreign country that I've never even been to and foreign people that i don't know

Are u Indonesian? If i ever get interviewed I'll be attending my interview at Jakarta us embassy too

I think she needs to have her documents translated by a Singaporean sworn translator, if the sg us embassy co sees her documents are translated by indonesia translator he can't make sure that they're legit translation..

Frankly, I don't care, we all only care about our own CN... If it means your number can go current.

If people only cared about their own CNs, no-one here would be trying to help anyone.
Sheesh, some people...
I hope the U.S. embassy is doing all it can to ensure all Nepalis who were selected are able to get their DV visas.

If people only cared about their own CNs, no-one here would be trying to help anyone.
Sheesh, some people...
I hope the U.S. embassy is doing all it can to ensure all Nepalis who were selected are able to get their DV visas.

Yes but not at the expense of other Asian countries, nepal shouldn't feel special

With the current issued visas to Nepalese i wonder how kcc hasn't disqualified nepal yet, they did just that to Nigeria, 50k visas over the past 5 years

Gonna be a silly story to tell my grandchild if i never get current, "i was about to move to the us but it got canceled due to one small country"

Last edited:
Yes but not at the expense of other Asian countries, nepal shouldn't feel special

With the current issued visas to Nepalese i wonder how kcc hasn't disqualified nepal yet, they did just that to Nigeria, 50k visas over the past 5 years

Gonna be a silly story to tell my grandchild if i never get current, "i was about to move to the us but it got canceled due to one small country"

Maybe you can tell your grandchild that despite britsimon patiently explaining it to you over and over, you never quite understood it.