• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone, my interview is scheduled at the end of the month. My documents are almost ready. I've heard that i also should have a guarantee letter. Is that right? Should i obtain one? Thank you. :)

It doesn't sound to me like she hired her ex as her attorney. Her post comes across to me like she was saying former attorney :rolleyes: (ex) attorney = (former) attorney
I know.
It's just some cheerful residual "preselection" spirit.
In other words, the circus left town, but forsook a cultivated clown (me) behind.

Hi there,

Could anyone give me some information on what's happening when you enter the US the first time after your green card was approved ? What do you need to have with you besides of the sealed envelope? Will they ask you additional questions at Immigration? And once you enter, where do you need to go to get your green card, SS etc issued? How long does it take? Do you need an appointment?

Thank you so much for your help!

@Britsimon , sir can you give me an idea about the density of Nepal, Iran, RoA per 1000 CNs, before and after CN 9000
Thanks a lot.
I'm no Simon, but I guess it's 400-450 for Nepal, a bit less for Iran, and about 200 for ROA . Though, I'm not sure if the density remains the same after Nepal and Iran are limited during the draw, i.e. >10,000.

@Britsimon , sir can you give me an idea about the density of Nepal, Iran, RoA per 1000 CNs, before and after CN 9000
Thanks a lot.

Iran was limited in the draw so their cases will be exhausted by 8500. Nepal was also limited but cases exist up to 9100. Nepal will have hit the 7% limit, most likely around the 7500 mark. So - after that point the ROA cases are the only density and those are around 350 cases per 1000.

Iran was limited in the draw so their cases will be exhausted by 8500. Nepal was also limited but cases exist up to 9100. Nepal will have hit the 7% limit, most likely around the 7500 mark. So - after that point the ROA cases are the only density and those are around 350 cases per 1000.
But I think RoA has less than 350 cases per 1000 before the limits are applied to Nepal and Iran, right?

I'm no Simon, but I guess it's 400-450 for Nepal, a bit less for Iran, and about 200 for ROA . Though, I'm not sure if the density remains the same after Nepal and Iran are limited during the draw, i.e. >10,000.
Thanks!
Thanks sir. another question if you don't mind, do you think we have evidence of increased response rate for Asia (more than 70%) in addition to increased density compared with last year, and this is why we're going to see lower cutoffs??
I've been doing some crude calculations and came up with a final cutoff of aprroximately 11400 if we have a response rate of 70%, 2500 visas for iran and roa density of 250 CN/1000. don't know if it makes sense or not, maybe i have to increase the density for roa.

Dears,
my case is AF39900..up to date i didn't receive interview notification ,can i prepare police report and medical report , my interview location is in KSA.Riyadh.please help.

Thanks!

Thanks sir. another question if you don't mind, do you think we have evidence of increased response rate for Asia (more than 70%) in addition to increased density compared with last year, and this is why we're going to see lower cutoffs??
I've been doing some crude calculations and came up with a final cutoff of aprroximately 11400 if we have a response rate of 70%, 2500 visas for iran and roa density of 250 CN/1000. don't know if it makes sense or not, maybe i have to increase the density for roa.

The response rate varies by country. Nepal had a very high response rate and very little backlog (good agents).

Now, what many people have missed is the change in the blend between Iran and Nepal.

First point is that Iran has a higher derivative rate than Nepal.

In 2014 Iran had more entries than Nepal (545k versus 380k). In 2015, Iran entries dropped to 499k but Nepal increased to 545k.

What does that mean - well it the derivative rate means that at the same number of family (~5000) Nepal would have more cases than Iran. The entry rate means that Nepal would have received more cases per thousand also. So - Iran actually cuts off sooner than Nepal BUT the Nepalese cases are more dense.

So - Nepal cases are more dense this year and each Nepalese case has a higher response rate and an extremely high approval rate. SO - that means they will hit their limit faster and it has the effect of reducing the highest case number. Hitting 13350 again has always looked doubtful to me once I saw the entry data (just a couple of months ago).

That means that although Iran AP cases are still they key to the whole thing, there is little liklihood of seeing 13XXX, no matter how bad Iranian AP cases do....

The response rate varies by country. Nepal had a very high response rate and very little backlog (good agents).

Now, what many people have missed is the change in the blend between Iran and Nepal.

First point is that Iran has a higher derivative rate than Nepal.

In 2014 Iran had more entries than Nepal (545k versus 380k). In 2015, Iran entries dropped to 499k but Nepal increased to 545k.

What does that mean - well it the derivative rate means that at the same number of family (~5000) Nepal would have more cases than Iran. The entry rate means that Nepal would have received more cases per thousand also. So - Iran actually cuts off sooner than Nepal BUT the Nepalese cases are more dense.

So - Nepal cases are more dense this year and each Nepalese case has a higher response rate and an extremely high approval rate. SO - that means they will hit their limit faster and it has the effect of reducing the highest case number. Hitting 13350 again has always looked doubtful to me once I saw the entry data (just a couple of months ago).

That means that although Iran AP cases are still they key to the whole thing, there is little liklihood of seeing 13XXX, no matter how bad Iranian AP cases do....

I hope the earthquake causes the response rate to drop dramatically hence more cn for the rest of Asia because kfc can't use up the quota by Nepalese cases so they have to make up for that in roa cases

I was about to say that you shouldn't mention anything less than 13,600, other wise siliconslinger will flood the thread with his manifistations.

I have a dissenting opinion on how Nepal's density and responce rate could affect the finals. I post my logic tomorrow.