• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Fingers crossed for you. I spent many month expecting to see Iran and Nepal limited in 2014 - so I hope they have learned their lesson. Right now, there is a very real chance that Asia will bring in less visas than their target, because the AP cases in Iran are being held back - and there are over 1000 of those. If they don't release those (or most of them) then they will have wasted the opportunity for a lot of folks in the rest of Asia.
Thank you Simon! I've been on dv2014 roller coaster with you guys since june because i knew dv2015 might be similar. Ready for 2015 ride now.. Whatever comes out of it.. And thanks again for your support! Hope all of you will stick around

Last edited:
Your interview most likely will be in August 2015. An email informing you about interview letter upload is sent about 2 months before the interview. Your current place of residence has no bearing on the VB, it is based on the region associated with your CN.

Regarding the VB, look for the section that says Diversity Visa, there should be 2 of those. The first one deals with the current month and the second one is the advanced notification for the following month. Look for your region and if your CN falls below the listed number, then it means you're current for that month.
Thank you so much Sm1smom, I appreciate your help :) .... but one tiny question: I'm from Syria, so do you think I stand a chance? Also, couldn't it be like some previous years when asia was 11000 before august? August seems so far away o_O
Btw, you guys are the best here :) I have read all 56 pages and it's impreesive ;)

hi am a dv 2015 and my cn is 2015AF00012*** when will my interview be?
I sent my ds 260 form on may then it was reopened for changes on June 20th and re-submitted on June 21st

hi am a dv 2015 and my cn is 2015AF00012*** when will my interview be?
I sent my ds 260 form on march then it was reopened for changes on June 20th and re-submitted on June 21st

Appointment emails will come out this week for November cases (and some October ones too).

let me ask, if i ask the guy hosting me in states to fill the affidavit of support are they supposed to send to the embassy or to me so that i present it. and if the are not comfortable doing that can my parents sign that affidavit accompanied by statements?

hi i am dv 2015 selectee and ma cn is 2015af00003*** . i submitted ma forms on 29th august, pls when shud i expect my interview

let me ask, if i ask the guy hosting me in states to fill the affidavit of support are they supposed to send to the embassy or to me so that i present it. and if the are not comfortable doing that can my parents sign that affidavit accompanied by statements?

In some embassies they ask about your host and that is sometimes enough to satisfy them without further financial proof like the affidavit of support.

If the person hosting you agrees to fill out the affidavit of support, he has to send it to you for you to present at the time of your interview if required, he cannot send it to the embassy or any other government body. Also if your parents are not residing in the US, they cannot fill out the affidavit of support for you.

If the person hosting you agrees to fill out the affidavit of support, he has to send it to you for you to present at the time of your interview if required, he cannot send it to the embassy or any other government body. Also if your parents are not residing in the US, they cannot fill out the affidavit of support for you.
thanks

so it means that it might delay the process as the officer will put the case under AP, until they receive the "affidavit of support" ?

so it means that it might delay the process as the officer will put the case under AP, until they receive the "affidavit of support" ?

If you are asked for an affidavit of support and don't have it in the interview, yes they will put you on AP while you provide that or other evidence of financial position.

hi if someone made a mistake on his or her dob initially which one should they use when filling ds 260 and how will that problem be solved or will it affect his or her chances of getting visa

hi guys
my CN is current in October . i submitted DS260 in 23rd of may , edited it and submitted again in 1st july ..
i didn't receive second letter yet ..
i sent an email to KCC asking for it they replied (Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.) on 25 August ..
i'm worried now what to do ??do i have to wait more time ?i may have it next month .then, the interview will be schedule in November or December ??