• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi there,
I’m in a kind of an awkward situation. My CN is AF000058xx and hopefully will have my interview scheduled for November. The thing is my wife is now pregnant and we are expecting our new baby by first week of Feb. 2016. So, shall we travel to US before that (Dec. or Jan.) though some doctors might think it’s risky for a pregnant woman to fly such a distance in her late stages of pregnancy? Or, can we wait after the delivery of the new baby and then we can somehow (I don’t know if it’s possible) add him to our papers and travel to US late Feb. or Mar.?

hi guys
my CN is current in October . i submitted DS260 in 23rd of may , edited it and submitted again in 1st july ..
i didn't receive second letter yet ..
i sent an email to KCC asking for it they replied (Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.) on 25 August ..
i'm worried now what to do ??do i have to wait more time ?i may have it next month .then, the interview will be schedule in November or December ??

Yep you just wait. There is nothing else to do and nothing to worry about.

Hi there,
I’m in a kind of an awkward situation. My CN is AF000058xx and hopefully will have my interview scheduled for November. The thing is my wife is now pregnant and we are expecting our new baby by first week of Feb. 2016. So, shall we travel to US before that (Dec. or Jan.) though some doctors might think it’s risky for a pregnant woman to fly such a distance in her late stages of pregnancy? Or, can we wait after the delivery of the new baby and then we can somehow (I don’t know if it’s possible) add him to our papers and travel to US late Feb. or Mar.?

That is not an issue. There is a special procedure at the POE to process infants born after the visa has been issued. Just relax, it will get sorted out later.

hi guys
my CN is current in October . i submitted DS260 in 23rd of may , edited it and submitted again in 1st july ..
i sent an email to KCC asking for it they replied (Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.) on 25 August ..
i'm worried now what to do ??do i have to wait more time ?i may have it next month .then, the interview will be schedule in November or December ??
My number was also current for October, submitted my forms June 3, and my interview has not been scheduled. I am waiting, hoping the notification letters will come out this week. If you receive yours please let us know.

Hi there,

Most airlines will not risk flying a pregnant woman at that stage of the pregnancy. Also, not sure about what kind of support (financial, emotional and physical) you have in place even if the airlines are willing to fly her if she were to have a baby within a month or two of arriving as new immigrants.

You're probably better off having the baby back at home. Like Simon said, there's a procedure for adding new babies at the POE, that shouldn't be a problem.

Most airlines will not risk flying a pregnant woman at that stage of the pregnancy. Also, not sure about what kind of support (financial, emotional and physical) you have in place even if the airlines are willing to fly her if she were to have a baby within a month or two of arriving as new immigrants.

You're probably better off having the baby back at home. Like Simon said, there's a procedure for adding new babies at the POE, that shouldn't be a problem.

Aha, but still, how can I travel with my new born to POE if he still doesn't have a visa in his passport? Shall it be issued separately from the embassy? Or what are the procedure to do that?

Aha, but still, how can I travel with my new born to POE if he still doesn't have a visa in his passport? Shall it be issued separately from the embassy? Or what are the procedure to do that?
Just take the new born birth certificate, and 2 photos.
The IO will proceed him\her as an LPR

Just take the new born birth certificate, and 2 photos.
The IO will proceed him\her as an LPR
Vladek, I think Jivara's concern is getting to the US with a new born baby who does not possess a valid visa. This is a problem for people from countries whose citizens require a visa to travel to the US. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong plz) Airlines will not allow anyone - including an infant - to board a plane if they did not have a valid visa.

Vladek, I think Jivara's concern is getting to the US with a new born baby who does not possess a valid visa. This is a problem for people from countries whose citizens require a visa to travel to the US. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong plz) Airlines will not allow anyone - including an infant - to board a plane if they did not have a valid visa.

Yes, you are right. That will exactly be my situation.

After the baby's birth, you will need to go back to the embassy with the baby's birth certificate, international passport and 2(?) passport photos and request to be issued with a 'Transportation Letter'. This is what you will present to the Airlines, they are familiar with it and will let you and your wife board with the baby.

After the baby's birth, you will need to go back to the embassy with the baby's birth certificate, international passport and 2(?) passport photos and request to be issued with a 'Transportation Letter'. This is what you will present to the Airlines, they are familiar with it and will let you and your wife board with the baby.

Thanks alot :) This is better.

hi guys
I submitted my DS on 19th may 2014,for family on 11 July 2014 , they were all unlocked and resubmitted them on 21-08-2014.I called them on 22-08-2014 requesting whether I should be receiving my email for October interview before end of August.They told me to call them on September 15th 2014.I called them 2 hours ago (16-09-2014) and they told me that my case is in process and that I should receive my email next week.I asked them whether that implies my interviews my interview will be November and they said yes.They insisted that ALL EMAIL WILL BE SENT NEXT WEEK.2015AF000004**

I submitted my DS on 19th may 2014,for family on 11 July 2014 , they were all unlocked and resubmitted them on 21-08-2014.I called them on 22-08-2014 requesting whether I should be receiving my email for October interview before end of August.They told me to call them on September 15th 2014.I called them 2 hours ago (16-09-2014) and they told me that my case is in process and that I should receive my email next week.I asked them whether that implies my interviews my interview will be November and they said yes.They insisted that ALL EMAIL WILL BE SENT NEXT WEEK.2015AF000004**
sawaz thanks ...i sent an email to them but no response may be i should call ....

"Appointment emails will come out this week for November cases (and some October ones toI submitted my DS on 19th may 2014,for family on 11 July 2014 , they were all unlocked and resubmitted them on 21-08-2014.I called them on 22-08-2014 requesting whether I should be receiving my email for October interview before end of August.They told me to call them on September 15th 2014.I called them 2 hours ago (16-09-2014) and they told me that my case is in process and that I should receive my email next week.I asked them whether that implies my interviews my interview will be November and they said yes.They insisted that ALL EMAIL WILL BE SENT NEXT WEEK.2015AF000004**o)."

You are saying that no emails will be sent this week - they will only be sent next week (i.e. from the 22nd). Want a bet on that? I would be willing to bet they will be sent this week.

Hi everyone!I was selected for DV-2015 with CN 410** and my mom with 410** just a few numbers difference.I have no idea if we'll have a chance to get an interview,but if we will is it possible that we are gonna have it together in the same day?thanks in advance guys :)