• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone,

I have been selected for DV2015 and my CN is AF00076xxx

1. When roughly should I expect my interview?

2. I am Hepatitis B positive, Would I being Hepatitis B positive disqualify me from receiving DV visa?

Hello everyone,

2. I am Hepatitis B positive, Would I being Hepatitis B positive disqualify me from receiving DV visa?

1. September 2015.
2. Not to my understanding. You are required to have vaccinations for Hep B (so I'm assuming you could have that vaccination), but Hep B is not one of the diseases that are disqualifying according to current rules.

Mom or others may know more on point 2.

I sent them a mail to re-open the file they open the file next day.
KCC is doing a great job they respond immediately.

Not everyone has been fortunate to experience a quick turn around like you did. So it might be a bit misleading to keep telling people their forms will be unlocked within a 2 day maximum. Some people have reported having waited for weeks before their forms got unlocked.

Hello everyone,

Hepatitis is NOT one of the "communicable disease of public health significance" that renders an immigrant inadmissible to the US, so you should be okay on that score. Your CN isn't likely to become current before Aug 2015, if not Sept as a matter of fact.

Hi,

Could you tell me the difference between Form 1-864, Affidavit of Support and Form I-134, Affidavit of Support? What form do I need for the interview?

Are they both not binding on the person completing the form?

So far I thought I had to use Form I-134, but here is something I read on a document from the Paris embassy:

“In addition to what is required for each visa applicant, the following items are also required for all visa types, except employment-based visas:

- Form 1-864, Affidavit of Support: Your petitioning relative in the United States must complete Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (and, if applicable, form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member) on your behalf and provide supporting evidence proving that you and members of your family who immigrate to the U.S. are not likely to become public charges in the United States. Form I-864 can be downloaded online at www.uscis.gov "I-864" and www.uscis.gov "I-864A".
- Original documents that establish a relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary. This includes, but is not limited to plane tickets, photos and correspondence in the form of letters or emails.”

I don’t have any relative in the U.S., only friends and professional connections. I want to make sure I don’t make any mistake and I can provide sufficient/appropriate information with regards to this request.

Thank you again for you precious assistance.
Case number 2015EU00004XXX

Hi,

Could you tell me the difference between Form 1-864, Affidavit of Support and Form I-134, Affidavit of Support? What form do I need for the interview?

Are they both not binding on the person completing the form?

So far I thought I had to use Form I-134, but here is something I read on a document from the Paris embassy:

“In addition to what is required for each visa applicant, the following items are also required for all visa types, except employment-based visas:

- Form 1-864, Affidavit of Support: Your petitioning relative in the United States must complete Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (and, if applicable, form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member) on your behalf and provide supporting evidence proving that you and members of your family who immigrate to the U.S. are not likely to become public charges in the United States. Form I-864 can be downloaded online at www.uscis.gov "I-864" and www.uscis.gov "I-864A".
- Original documents that establish a relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary. This includes, but is not limited to plane tickets, photos and correspondence in the form of letters or emails.”

I don’t have any relative in the U.S., only friends and professional connections. I want to make sure I don’t make any mistake and I can provide sufficient/appropriate information with regards to this request.

Thank you again for you precious assistance.
Case number 2015EU00004XXX

Form I-864 is NOT applicable to DV applicants. As a matter of fact the law prohibits DV applicants from using I-864 as an affidavit of support, so forget about what you read on the embassy's website. It is not applicable to you. What you need is the I-134. And that form does not need a document establishing a relationship between the sponsor and the person being sponsored. Of course the sponsor still needs to provide some needed documents in support of the affidavit itself.

Form I-864 is NOT applicable to DV applicants. As a matter of fact the law prohibits DV applicants from using I-864 as an affidavit of support, so forget about what you read on the embassy's website. It is not applicable to you. What you need is the I-134. And that form does not need a document establishing a relationship between the sponsor and the person being sponsored. Of course the sponsor still needs to provide some needed documents in support of the affidavit itself.
Thanks a lot!

Hepatitis is NOT one of the "communicable disease of public health significance" that renders an immigrant inadmissible to the US, so you should be okay on that score. Your CN isn't likely to become current before Aug 2015, if not Sept as a matter of fact.
Thanks evryone

hi, I just finished filling the DS260 form and my CN is 10***. what should I do next? when should I expect an email from KCC? and when do you think my interview will be? .... sorry but one last thing, I can't understand how this visa bulletin works :( I'm from asia but living in Turkey, so how do I check this VB?

hi, I just finished filling the DS260 form and my CN is 10***. what should I do next? when should I expect an email from KCC? and when do you think my interview will be? .... sorry but one last thing, I can't understand how this visa bulletin works :( I'm from asia but living in Turkey, so how do I check this VB?

Your interview most likely will be in August 2015. An email informing you about interview letter upload is sent about 2 months before the interview. Your current place of residence has no bearing on the VB, it is based on the region associated with your CN.

Regarding the VB, look for the section that says Diversity Visa, there should be 2 of those. The first one deals with the current month and the second one is the advanced notification for the following month. Look for your region and if your CN falls below the listed number, then it means you're current for that month.

Someone from SA have a date of interview in October? I have Dv Case 2015SA000015x and I dont have received my 2nl, I am really worried!

Someone from SA have a date of interview in October? I have Dv Case 2015SA000015x and I dont have received my 2nl, I am really worried!
I am on the same boat. My CN is from SA with a very low number like yours, I was expecting an October interview but didn't get the 2nd notification letter. Now I am waiting to see if I get a November interview but have not gotten the 2nl yet.... I hoping maybe I will receive it next week.

If you receive yours please let us know here. So I know if the letters have been released or not.

By the way notification letters for October were already sent out last month. I am hoping the KCC will send November interview notifications next week.

Praying for a miracle where Nepal and Iran are put on early cut-off to allow the rest of Asia to go current(sorry fellow nepalese and iranian).
On another note: I've already submitted my Ds-260. Can I travel to the US with my current B1/B2 visa before I get interview if ever, or is there a risk i could be denied entry? (I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but cannot seem to find it)

Praying for a miracle where Nepal and Iran are put on early cut-off to allow the rest of Asia to go current(sorry fellow nepalese and iranian).
On another note: I've already submitted my Ds-260. Can I travel to the US with my current B1/B2 visa before I get interview if ever, or is there a risk i could be denied entry? (I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but cannot seem to find it)

You can travel, just ensure that you have proof of ties to go back (eg letter from employer). I did it a few times while waiting for first a family petition then DV to be done. I never really got asked anything tricky on entry, but best to be prepared.

You can travel, just ensure that you have proof of ties to go back (eg letter from employer). I did it a few times while waiting for first a family petition then DV to be done. I never really got asked anything tricky on entry, but best to be prepared.
Thanks Susie!! I'll make sure I have that. I would hate to be put back on a plane after getting there!:))

If your CN is very high you might have been wise to wait to submit your DS260.

If your CN is very high you might have been wise to wait to submit your DS260.
I know!! but by the time i figured out about CNs it was already too late. All i had read on the official site was: submit ur forms the earliest possible:) anyway..still praying for a miracle

I know!! but by the time i figured out about CNs it was already too late. All i had read on the official site was: submit ur forms the earliest possible:) anyway..still praying for a miracle

Fingers crossed for you. I spent many month expecting to see Iran and Nepal limited in 2014 - so I hope they have learned their lesson. Right now, there is a very real chance that Asia will bring in less visas than their target, because the AP cases in Iran are being held back - and there are over 1000 of those. If they don't release those (or most of them) then they will have wasted the opportunity for a lot of folks in the rest of Asia.