• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Ok, it's my point of view simon.
Last year was different AP for asia & Iran .
Clear time was 6 months and right now is going to 3 up to 2 months!
I know that high case numbers in asia looking for AP case from Iran specially!
As an Iranian case under AP , I wish all of you guy going to embassy for interview.
Please dont scaring AP from Iran that will not be cleared!

I'm noyt saying anything about that - I am talking about your bad assumptions in this math "4400 issue +1022 AP+1728 ready+(237*2 (asia normal case) ) = 7607 visa !"

No no , I'm not with you!
I'm very thanksfull for you with all your helping information.

Totally its a lottery! I wish to all to get the best.

Ok, it's my point of view simon.
Last year was different AP for asia & Iran .
Clear time was 6 months and right now is going to 3 up to 2 months!
I know that high case numbers in asia looking for AP case from Iran specially!
As an Iranian case under AP , I wish all of you guy going to embassy for interview.
Please dont scaring AP from Iran that will not be cleared!
I am not trying to "scrare AP from Iran". And I wish good people of Iran my best.
I think the CEAC information we have right now is inconclusive whether 2014 and 2015 APs are different or the same.
You probably have a better insight into the matter, since you have access to the country forum.
If you can, please share with us your assumptions regarding "3 up to 2 months" AP duration.

From your posts, I see that you are an optimist and a decent man. I know you had your interview in early April, and I hope you will make it.
However, your VB predictions may scare high ROAs. I am scared myself, but my fears come from available evidence.

Sorry Sensi about my prediction ,may I saw very positive on calculation.
Yes,I have access to Iranian forum and follow our clearance on this year.
As you know last year was bad memory for Iranian AP. most embassy clearance duration was about 4-6 months! by example case interview in November cleared in April or may!
But right know there is so little case from first months of interview on this year! 90% of them cleared in 3 or 4 months!
Yesterday we had a clear with mandatory military service in 3 months.
in other hand if you take look on current process from KCC in 2014, I can't find a rule for them,but this year is so difference.
Iranian cann't hit 3700 visa! I think so get totally 3000!

Let's to see the bulletin :)

Sorry Sensi about my prediction ,may I saw very positive on calculation.
Yes,I have access to Iranian forum and follow our clearance on this year.
As you know last year was bad memory for Iranian AP. most embassy clearance duration was about 4-6 months! by example case interview in November cleared in April or may!
But right know there is so little case from first months of interview on this year! 90% of them cleared in 3 or 4 months!
Yesterday we had a clear with mandatory military service in 3 months.
in other hand if you take look on current process from KCC in 2014, I can't find a rule for them,but this year is so difference.
Iranian cann't hit 3700 visa! I think so get totally 3000!
Let's to see the bulletin :)
No problem. I think 3000 is quite optimistic. If you guys are really aiming for 3000, we, ROAs, will unleash siliconslinger on you ;).
(he's been quite discreet to Iran so far as opposed to Nepal)

utopia , see, I wasn't kidding about unleashing the beast. I don't think we, ROAs, can hold him back much longer. We should quickly work out the ROA-Iran deal where each side takes 2500 visas. What do you think?

I never like the sound from Silicon! o_O
@Sensei-san , I think so there is enough visa for Iranian & ROA ,because I said before we never hit the 3700!
Iran get round 1300 visa until now,I think that we had good chance to double it!
you must deal with KCC about visa bulletin

Last edited:
I never like the sound from Silicon! o_O
@Sensei-san , I think so there is enough visa for Iranian & ROA ,because I said before we never hit the 3700!
Iran get round 1300 visa until now,I think that we had good chance to double it!
you must deal with KCC about visa bulletin
I know you are nothing like "Silicon".
2400-2600 - sounds like you got yourself a deal!

Mods, can I respectfully request that the vulgar language and sentiments expressed plus previous warnings lead to a ban of this poster, who adds nothing of value and only hate-filled posts to this forum?

I'm flying to NYC tomorrow to activate my PR status but the only thing is I have not booked any accommodation. I have my immigrant's visa stamped. Would there be an issue getting the immigration clearance without an intended place of stay ? I am planning to reach the US port of entry tomorrow night and spend my first night in the US at the airport. Will I have to fill in an immigration form with an intended address of stay before landing in the US ? What address should I fill in ? I do not know anyone in NYC and the price of accommodation is very high. Do you think I should get through the border no problem ?

I'm flying to NYC tomorrow to activate my PR status but the only thing is I have not booked any accommodation. I have my immigrant's visa stamped. Would there be an issue getting the immigration clearance without an intended place of stay ? I am planning to reach the US port of entry tomorrow night and spend my first night in the US at the airport. Will I have to fill in an immigration form with an intended address of stay before landing in the US ? What address should I fill in ? I do not know anyone in NYC and the price of accommodation is very high. Do you think I should get through the border no problem ?

You should have a hotel in mind or better yet, a reservation. Spending a night sleeping rough at the airport is a lousy plan as you will have important documents and possessions with you. You can get hotel for less than $100. You don't mention what you are doing next, but don't start by adding a risk of drama to your story....

As an incoming immigrant you don't need to fill in a landing card, and it's unlikely the CBP officer will ask you where you are staying (though s/he will probably confirm the address you have listed for the green card to get sent to).
I'm not entirely sure your plan of action is that great though, people can take things while you are asleep and the chairs are often designed so you can't stretch out on them (you are likely to have to sleep on the floor in other words), are you flying out again in the morning on another flight or what?

edit: even on a budget you can get a private room at a hostel which is much better than your current plan. Do a search, first one I came up with (assuming you are landing at JFK) http://nyhostels.aaeworldhotels.com/http://nyhostels.aaeworldhotels.com/

Hello britsimon, its my hope your OK, I am facing the following difficulties due to my low understanding how things are sometimes different from time to time , this time is due to my application of SSN I made my application in Manhattan social security card center and they actually taled that my card will reach me after two weeks, after four days I received a letter from the center informing me that their verifying my documents so I will get it not more than four weeks but if I am illegible to work I can legally be imployed, so the contradiction is that many employees demand the SSN will this letter save as SSN? and is this a new procedure or is becourse I have not yet paid for USIC fee that $165? I want to pay it when I have my address next month proberbly and I beleive that is OK. Please Sir I beg your humble advice on that.

~ Post moved from the AOS Thread ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello britsimon, its my hope your OK, I am facing the following difficulties due to my low understanding how things are sometimes different from time to time , this time is due to my application of SSN I made my application in Manhattan social security card center and they actually taled that my card will reach me after two weeks, after four days I received a letter from the center informing me that their verifying my documents so I will get it not more than four weeks but if I am illegible to work I can legally be imployed, so the contradiction is that many employees demand the SSN will this letter save as SSN? and is this a new procedure or is becourse I have not yet paid for USIC fee that $165? I want to pay it when I have my address next month proberbly and I beleive that is OK. Please Sir I beg your humble advice on that.

~ Post moved from the AOS Thread ~
Please Britsimon, I need your help on this, am in dilemma about my SSN it is more than a week now I don't get it I only recieved a letter telling me that they are veryfing my documents I will get it not more that 4weeks is this normal? P

Please Britsimon, I need your help on this, am in dilemma about my SSN it is more than a week now I don't get it I only recieved a letter telling me that they are veryfing my documents I will get it not more that 4weeks is this normal? P

Yes the mail you received is not unusual. They actually ought to have given you a similar letter when you went in to apply in person. The SSN will certainly show up not too long from now.