• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi Good Day. I need some support from forumers that had the interview at the US Embassy in Singapore. To prepare for the interview, it is stated that 'Singapore Reciprocity Schedule
For all applicants, a form letter from the requesting/processing
office (NVC, KCC, Embassy, employer etc.) is required to obtain a
Certificate of Clearance (COC). Such letter should specify the need
for the clearance and state explicitly that "a statutory declaration
of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as
evidence that he/she does not have criminal convictions".

However, when I wrote to the US Embassy, here's reply I have:
Dear Madam,
> We regret that we are only able to provide a letter to enable you to apply
> for your police clearance after you have attended your interview.
>
> Thank you.
> Best Regards,
> Immigrant Visa Unit
> U.S. Embassy Singapore
> 6476-9100
> singaporecon@state.gov

Hi Good Day. I need some support from forumers that had the interview at the US Embassy in Singapore. To prepare for the interview, it is stated that 'Singapore Reciprocity Schedule

Dear Madam,
>
> Thank you.
> Best Regards,
> Immigrant Visa Unit
> U.S. Embassy Singapore
> 6476-9100
> singaporecon@state.gov

Peter - I think you need to show your 2nd notification letter that specifies your interview date/time and place. My sister also had to complete a form that basically asked her why she wanted to move out of SG. Let me confirm with her. She was able to obtain it without any problem, eventhough it did take about a week.

Dear Madam,
>
> Thank you.
> Best Regards,
> Immigrant Visa Unit
> U.S. Embassy Singapore
> 6476-9100
> singaporecon@state.gov

@Peter Tang - My sister confirmed that to obtain the COC, she showed her interview letter (2nd nl), identity card, passport, and 2 passport photos. Here's the link just in case you haven't seen it. http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Last edited:
Thank you so much Lilliput. Could you just help me verified with your sister she DO NOT need the US Embassy letter as stated in the US Embassy website when submitting to SPF for the COC.
She just need to produce the Interview letter (2NL), identity card, passport and 2 photos.
Many thanks to you again.

Thank you so much Lilliput. Could you just help me verified with your sister she DO NOT need the US Embassy letter as stated in the US Embassy website when submitting to SPF for the COC.
She just need to produce the Interview letter (2NL), identity card, passport and 2 photos.
Many thanks to you again.

@Peter Tang - Yes, she confirmed again that you only need to bring the interview letter (2NL), identity card, passport and 2 photos. AND you need to complete the application form which you can download from the site I gave you earlier. Best wishes!

So if you see until now we have 9971 in family ( not added in transit yet) => 4400 issue +1022 AP+1728 ready+(237*2 (asia normal case) ) = 7607 visa !
normal asia between 8000 up to 8500 issue!
I think that online 2SL play high rule in next bulletin for below 7000 !
if you take look as current IN Transit case ,half or less of them are before current number 6850!
So its very hard that with it the bulletin going up than 9000! ( but it's lottery ,there is chance for all ;) )

I am not sure what you mean by
(237*2 (asia normal case)

if you take look as current IN Transit case ,half or less of them are before current number 6850!
As we have been discussing - AP is the major unknown variable for Asia. Last year 1593 APs and 1707 Readies (which a lot of them are really APs) remained in the same status when the year ended. There were also 423 Refused.

Most of those APs are from Iran. We do not know how many of the current and future APs will clear in time this year. KCC must have an estimate of that, so they would allow the VB progress that they think would yield 8000-8500 visas.

Yep! but this year AP for Iranian is ssssssssssssssooooooooooo difference with last year bro !
Let's to see the bulletin :)

So if you see until now we have 9971 in family ( not added in transit yet) => 4400 issue +1022 AP+1728 ready+(237*2 (asia normal case) ) = 7607 visa !
normal asia between 8000 up to 8500 issue!
So its very hard that with it the bulletin going up than 9000! ( but it's lottery ,there is chance for all ;) )

Would you stop doing that! YOu are scaring yourself and others for no reason!

You cannot assume all AP will be approved and you can't assume all ready cases will interview and be approved. As for the backlog number it is the lowest number of all the regions.

I desperately want to know if a marriage certificate from a church is valid for dv lottery. I don't have any other legal doc from any other office. I'm selected for further processing of dv 2016. And I'm from ethiopia. Please help

Ok, it's my point of view simon.
Last year was different AP for asia & Iran .
Clear time was 6 months and right now is going to 3 up to 2 months!
I know that high case numbers in asia looking for AP case from Iran specially!
As an Iranian case under AP , I wish all of you guy going to embassy for interview.
Please dont scaring AP from Iran that will not be cleared!