• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

I didn't think I'd post in this thread again, but another issue has come up:
I got my visa issued in April, entered the US in April and paid the USCIS fee around that time, too. I'm now living in the US, currently looking for work. My question is this:

I was told by someone at the USCIS call center that the actual green card would be printed and mailed to me within 30 days of payment. This means I should have received the card in late may at the latest, but nothing came just yet. I called them again last week and they said that there was "some issue" when printing the card. They were looking into it and asked me to call back in about 2 weeks.

Is this a common occurrence? Can this possibly affect my status in the US? Or am I freaking out over nothing?

There have been technical problems just recently - the delay might well be related to that. Be patient - give it another month. It cannot affect your status since the visa in your passport covers you for up to one year. So yeah - you are freaking out over nothing. Relax, and go find a job. ;-)

Yes @deni you need to get both the certificates you mentioned. If your interview will be in Tirana (not Naples) you need to translate the docs in English (not Albanian) and notarize.
I have a question. I am Albanian and I have lived in Italy for more then 6months so, I need the police records(null) from Italy. Can smb tell me if I will need both of them:
1. Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Do I need an apostille seal for them?
Another question that I have is that before being married more than 30 years ago I had my maiden name and now I hold my hudband's surname. Do I have to get the police records with both surnames? My passport shows only my husbands surname.
thanks

Something like this happened to me too. It doesn't affect your status at all - you are a LPR, all the green card is is evidence of that. At least they are aware of the issue and hopefully will be sorted out once you call back. And don't forget you have a temporary green card valid till one year after entry in your passport...

Hi Susie, Hi Britsimon,

Thank you very much for your replies! That's what I thought, but given what's at stake I was still a little nervous, even though a visit at the local social security office also confirmed that there's nothing wrong with my status.

Hi Susie, Hi Britsimon,

Thank you very much for your replies! That's what I thought, but given what's at stake I was still a little nervous, even though a visit at the local social security office also confirmed that there's nothing wrong with my status.

You don't stop existing just because you don't have a copy of your birth certificate. Same principle ;)

You don't stop existing just because you don't have a copy of your birth certificate. Same principle ;)

That's true, but I was a little concerned (and maybe should have made that clearer in my post) that the delay might have been caused by something being wrong with my status. If they just have technical issues I don't really care, but I was worried that the delay might have been caused by some last-minute problems with my case. But that doesn't seem to be it. ;-)

Next issue: Finding a job in the Bay Area :)

That's true, but I was a little concerned (and maybe should have made that clearer in my post) that the delay might have been caused by something being wrong with my status. If they just have technical issues I don't really care, but I was worried that the delay might have been caused by some last-minute problems with my case. But that doesn't seem to be it. ;-)

Next issue: Finding a job in the Bay Area :)

Finding a job in the best place for jobs in the entire U.S. at the moment? Shouldn't take you long ;)

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...-job-boom-brings-california-record-employment
http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_28367897/wages-bay-area-outstrip-national-average

Now, that the last EU number for DV-2015 is 43050, it's all over for me EU 44220...my question: in the case the number 43050 not fulfill the number of visas predicted, there is any chance for me to be called for interview even if I have a number higher than 43050? Thnx

Sorry you didn't make the cutoff. To answer your question:

1. CN43050 itself (if it's not a hole) will actually not be getting an interview to start with, only numbers below 43050 will be interviewed.

2. If for whatever reason the quota isn't met due to disqualifications/no show, there's still no chance for a make up for number 43050 and above, it's simply the end.

Hello everyone. I'm one of those silent forum readers. ) And this is my first post.
First of all, I want to thank everyone (moderators especially) for the help that you are providing here. Thank you very much, I've learned a lot from this forum.
Second, I want to congratulate everyone who became current with this last VB. My number became current too: EU40,4xx
And at last I have one question: My husband, I and our son have been living in Turkey for 2 years now. We were born in Azerbaijan, and our police certificates are dated: 29 sept., 2014. But we haven't even visited Azerbaijan since then. Do you think this can cause a problem? I'm probably not the first one to ask this question, but I honestly looked and couldn't find the answer. The problem is - it is absolutely crazy to spend 700$ just to get 2 papers (fly tickets, hotels, etc.).

Hello everyone. I'm one of those silent forum readers. ) And this is my first post.
First of all, I want to thank everyone (moderators especially) for the help that you are providing here. Thank you very much, I've learned a lot from this forum.
Second, I want to congratulate everyone who became current with this last VB. My number became current too: EU40,4xx
And at last I have one question: My husband, I and our son have been living in Turkey for 2 years now. We were born in Azerbaijan, and our police certificates are dated: 29 sept., 2014. But we haven't even visited Azerbaijan since then. Do you think this can cause a problem? I'm probably not the first one to ask this question, but I honestly looked and couldn't find the answer. The problem is - it is absolutely crazy to spend 700$ just to get 2 papers (fly tickets, hotels, etc.).

Read what this says about applying for a police certificate if you are currently outside Azerbaijan: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AJ.html#policerecords-6

If you are interviewing in September, you will have practically no time for fixing delays due to incomplete documentation. You may be ok with the existing one, but if I were you to be on the safe side I'd get a new one using the procedures for those residing outside Azerbaijan as per the link. (If you are Armenian you won't be able to get a new one and the CO would understand that, although if that is the case I'd print out the above info and take it with just in case.)

Thank you very much for your answer, SussieQQQ.
Yes, I will send my docs to my sister then, along with the power of attorney. We are not Armenians, so we need to get new certificates.
Thanks again.

Just in case anyone has the same issue as I do:

I have written an e-mail to the embassy in Ankara, Turkey with a question about the Police Certificates which are dated Sep. last year and here's what they wrote me back:

Dear Sir/ Madam,
You don't need to provide a new police certificate from Azerbaijan.

Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit

I have written an e-mail to the embassy in Ankara, Turkey with a question about the Police Certificates which are dated Sep. last year and here's what they wrote me back:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit
That's great news. Print the e-mail, take it with you to the interview and you will be ok on this point...

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit

Excellent!
For others reading this, it's always a good idea to check. We have seen reports both of 'older' police certificates being accepted but also of them not being accepted and the applicants told to get new ones. It seems to be embassy dependent. So it's better to check as Farida did, but if you can't check it would always be safer to get updated ones if possible.

I have a question:
There is a mistake on my name on my high school diploma is missing a letter (j). On all other documents my name is with J. Is anything that I can do?

Hi guys.
I am a new member of this forum. I have read this group posts and I have gained enough information on GC. I am winner of DV 2016. My CN is 2016000088xx. I try to follow this group reports everyday in order to be well educated in GC. Thanks for moderators and members for sharing good information.

Hi, everyone!
I have registered online at usvisa-info.com, added all of my family members etc... The only problem - I cannot print the registration receipt (confirmation). It prints only the headers and footers (date, website address etc.) I have tried using Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer - neither one worked. I've contacted the CSC call center and told them that there is a problem. They've checked and said that they can't print it too. The operator said that it could be a technical problem or something like that, and asked to check tomorrow.
Just to mention I'm registered in Turkey (Turkish post PTT).
Have anyone encountered such problems? And what shall I do if this problem will not be fixed?

Hi, everyone!
I have registered online at usvisa-info.com, added all of my family members etc... The only problem - I cannot print the registration receipt (confirmation). It prints only the headers and footers (date, website address etc.) I have tried using Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer - neither one worked. I've contacted the CSC call center and told them that there is a problem. They've checked and said that they can't print it too. The operator said that it could be a technical problem or something like that, and asked to check tomorrow.
Just to mention I'm registered in Turkey (Turkish post PTT).
Have anyone encountered such problems? And what shall I do if this problem will not be fixed?
Install a PDF printer and try printing to it.