• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Hi,
I have been in interview embassy Skopje :
8:00 entried in embassy
controls (I suggest you: do not take so much things with you ) I have been with my family 5 members.
8:15 checked documents one by one for all members of my family .
have waited to call my name
8:20 called my name and i went to number 9 .(just me not all of my family)
one man checked again my documentations and confirm me that i was selected in DV 2015 and required from me to understand that if I will be refused the taxes can't refund
I agree with him and he told me to go another place (maybe was place number 1 to pay 330 $ X 5 ) and to come back to him (place number 9)
I did it ( be careful i paid cash the money was $)
8:30 I did it and went in front of him ( place number 9)
Hi checked medical documents and was very careful to see if the medical cover was opened from me or not (he checked one by one very slowly )
everything were ok .
and Hi started to speak with me : told me that missed : court certificate ( needed original certificate ) and the Form 1040 missed also copy of naturalization certificate from sponsor (copy) needed.
Hi told me to wait and I back to my family and we were waiting ..... and waiting ..... and waiting ....
my children started crying and they was not so quite it was not so easy for me and for my wife
9:35 I heard my name was called to take my family and to go in front of consul
9:37 Hi started to ask me and my family .
he was focused on me ( i am the primary applicant) he asked me about my education (secondary and university)
also he asked me for relatives in USA he asked me if i have been in USA he confirm that i was a lot of time i told to him that I have been there 3 times and hi was interested to know if i was stayed more than 1 month there .
scanned my hand's fingers (me and my wife)
in one moment he suggest me the family to go to seat and to continue just with me as a primary applicant I did it and .......
finally he gave me a paper and told me to bring:
court certificate ( needed original certificate ) and the Form 1040 missed also copy of naturalization certificate from sponsor.
He said to me : when you have the documents court certificate and F1040 to write email in Embassy Skopje and they will schedule time to bring documents.
he told me to bring the same date all the passports (family's passport) he said that: just you need to be here not the family .
10: 00 finished my interview .

please Britsimon or someone else write your opinion do i have chance to get the Visa or not .
if someone especially the people who has interview in Macedonia Skopje ( and who is albanian -Kosovar ) write me if you want more details .

thx .
Hello

I am from Kosovo too. Can you give me your email? I want to ask something about documents required from US Embassy in Skopje.

Regards,
Alban

Hello guys,
We had our interview today and all went smooth as silk :)
the officer was very nice and she made a couple of easy questions, then she said we were qualified for the visa :D
We are sooo happy all went good!!!
Excellent - congratulations & all the best with the move! Euro2014

Hello guys,
the officer was very nice and she made a couple of easy questions, then she said we were qualified for the visa :D
which embassy did interview

Hello guys,
Sooo happy for you guys! Looking forward to meet you in a few weeks :)

Hi, does anyone have experience with visas delivery (if I get them) in London UK? do I need to register for courier delivery before interview day? also, is it better to choose a pick-up point than home, if slightly chance to be at home ? can you choose the redelivery day? Thank you.

Hi, does anyone have experience with visas delivery (if I get them) in London UK? do I need to register for courier delivery before interview day? also, is it better to choose a pick-up point than home, if slightly chance to be at home ? can you choose the redelivery day? Thank you.
Hi Adela,
I guess that registering with a courier is a must in every country so you can pick up the visa in a pick up point of your choice. Do it before interview of course.

No, in Bulgaria. before the interview I had to fill in dhl form. There was an option how to get your passport.

I have a question. I am Albanian and I have lived in Italy for more then 6months so, I need the police records(null) from Italy. Can smb tell me if I will need both of them:
1. Certificato dei Carichi Pendenti
2. Certificato Generale del Casellario Giudiziale
Do I need an apostille seal for them?
Another question that I have is that before being married more than 30 years ago I had my maiden name and now I hold my hudband's surname. Do I have to get the police records with both surnames? My passport shows only my husbands surname.
thanks

I didn't think I'd post in this thread again, but another issue has come up:
I got my visa issued in April, entered the US in April and paid the USCIS fee around that time, too. I'm now living in the US, currently looking for work. My question is this:

I was told by someone at the USCIS call center that the actual green card would be printed and mailed to me within 30 days of payment. This means I should have received the card in late may at the latest, but nothing came just yet. I called them again last week and they said that there was "some issue" when printing the card. They were looking into it and asked me to call back in about 2 weeks.

Is this a common occurrence? Can this possibly affect my status in the US? Or am I freaking out over nothing?

I didn't think I'd post in this thread again, but another issue has come up:
I got my visa issued in April, entered the US in April and paid the USCIS fee around that time, too. I'm now living in the US, currently looking for work. My question is this:

I was told by someone at the USCIS call center that the actual green card would be printed and mailed to me within 30 days of payment. This means I should have received the card in late may at the latest, but nothing came just yet. I called them again last week and they said that there was "some issue" when printing the card. They were looking into it and asked me to call back in about 2 weeks.

Is this a common occurrence? Can this possibly affect my status in the US? Or am I freaking out over nothing?

Something like this happened to me too. It doesn't affect your status at all - you are a LPR, all the green card is is evidence of that. At least they are aware of the issue and hopefully will be sorted out once you call back. And don't forget you have a temporary green card valid till one year after entry in your passport...