• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Do you realize how long each post will eventually become if people follow this suggestion? It's going to mean scrolling down for a while just to get to the end of one post. Why not simply create a google spreadsheet and use that to capture the information? That way you can always arrange and re-arrange as deem fit, sort and filter the information using different criteria and so on.

You are right sm1smom. I tried to create a google spreadsheet which anyone can access and update. Let's see if it works.

http://goo.gl/oZWf19
Hi guys! I've updated the list of EU members but need a lot more input from you. Please feel free to follow the link and put your data there. It will really help to know the actual progress of interviews, 2NL.s, embassies etc...

In Albania the dv lottery is wellknown, but as a matter of fact when I told to my greek friends about the lottery nobody seems to know it or to care.Since I spread the news two of them applied for dv2016 though.

I guess this forum is not that famous to the europeans flori...
That's right iliona, even though I began to doubt about the low interest when sm1smom warned for long queues in this new thread :)
Anyway thanks everybody for putting your data and please return for updates.
Enat, are you from Europe but doing interview in Nepal?

In Albania the dv lottery is wellknown, but as a matter of fact when I told to my greek friends about the lottery nobody seems to know it or to care.Since I spread the news two of them applied for dv2016 though.
iliona you have to open a DV lottery office in Athens now because you are an expert ;) last week I was talking to a Swiss friend in Tirana about the DV and when I told him I have been picked for DV2015 he replied: is the DV program even real ?! :D it seems to be a myth for some countries due to the low quote and chances to be selected.

iliona you have to open a DV lottery office in Athens now because you are an expert ;) last week I was talking to a Swiss friend in Tirana about the DV and when I told him I have been picked for DV2015 he replied: is the DV program even real ?! :D it seems to be a myth for some countries due to the low quote and chances to be selected.
The only thing I have to say is don't schedule your interview in Athens if you are from a non EU country!!!

That's right iliona, even though I began to doubt about the low interest when sm1smom warned for long queues in this new thread :)
Anyway thanks everybody for putting your data and please return for updates.
Enat, are you from Europe but doing interview in Nepal?
Sorry it was mistake.

hi there! Juts would like to share with everyone the successful interview.
So I played for the 2nd time in october 31st 2013 at 9:30 pm, cause my best friend wan it 2 years ago!
I checked my status on may 3rd cause I totally forgot about it. I had to read 3 or 4 time the letter to make sure I was not missing any ''not'' ''sorry'' ''unfortunatly'' ahahahaha and I finally understood that I has been selected for further processing. I was on skype with my bestie and we both cried... what a moment-__-'
Anyways then, I signed up for some forums to ask some questions regarding the date of my interview. One of the guy told me (in a pretty mean way) to not think that I would be current in October ...Well, August 16th or something like that I found the 2 email from KCC on my junk mail!!!! And my interview was planned on October 2 in Montreal! yeah!
Right away I asked for my criminal record in France online (free Vive la France!!!) which arrive 5 days later!!!
Then I had to do my Canadian one. I had to pay a 50$ AND go to police station to do everything. It arrived within 10 days.
Next step was to translate my docs and book my flight to cross the country for my interview... obviously the other US embassies, in Vancouver for instance, do not do immigrant interviews, so even if you have the choice on the 260 form.... it is a lie! AHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

oups... also I had to book my medical appointment in Montreal, 3 days before my interview.

Medical went smooth even if they made me take a second time a vaccination 150$ yup... MY MUM TOLD ME AFTERWARD THAT i ALREADY HAD IT AND THAT IT WAS WRITTEN in my vaccination book... but I guess the nurse could not read ....
The doctor was pretty amazing the visit last 10 min!

Then I had some good laugh with the receptionist and went enjoy the Indian summer in Montreal for 3 days before my interview!

Now the s**** is getting serious!
So I ride a Bixi from my friend`s house to the consulate. My appointment was at 9:00 I arrived at 7:15 am... yeah I know... but... I was scared to be late!
We waited outside for 20 min then the security guy open the door. We entered inside, the security guy told me that my purse was too big and that I could not enter with it... I think my face showed '' noooooooooooooo dont MAKE ME CRY!!!!!!'' so he told me that he was making an exception with me.... ouf!!!!
I cracked some jokes with him, and when I was about to pass the scanner, the woman called me saying that I was not on the list... they asked me to go back outside and wait... -__-'
Then 10 min after she called me back... she finally found my name, I did some jokes again, I passed through the scanner and everything... no phone allowed, no food, etc.
I finally arrived in the waiting room: around 9;15 am. they gave me a number. I waited waited waited ( kids crying, kids screaming, kids running everywhere....==> nightmare!)
Around 10:00 they finally called the number 6!!!! Praise the LORD!!!! I go to the guichet number 3. She is asking me my documents..... then ask me to go pay. I went but .... They dont take DEBIT!!!!! Yeahhhhhhh SO I had to go back to the girl ask for a document to go outside, pass the scanner, crack some jokes with the security guy, go to the bank, take some cash, go back to the embassy, crack an other joke with the guy, go through the scanner again and go pay the girl (some dramas were going on as well... at the cashier pretty funny) Then I went back to guichet number 3, gave her the doc saying that I paid and went back in on my chair.
kids crying, kids screaming, kids running===> nightmare!
around 11:30 they called my number 6 to the guichet number 7! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I run there! She asked me few questions:
do you have a criminal record? me: no
Were you born in France? me: yes
Do you live in Canada? me :yes
Have u live somewhere else? me: no
Where are you gonna live in the states? me: Atlanta
why? cause my best friend who also wan the green card live there!!!
her: really???? and me: yeahhhhh!!
her: ok Congratulation your visa has been approved you will receive it withing 10 days.
Me: THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HAPPY FACE!
Then I run out and scream at the entrance that I have the GREEN CARRDD!!!!! The security guy congratulated me! we did some jokes and.... VOILÀ!

I will enter the states in December and here it starts le Rêve Américain! ==> American dream!
Good luck everybody!

Congrats to all the selectees! :D I tried to update your google spreadsheet to contain my information, but I am not sure whether I have succeeded, so Im just going to write it here. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, my CN is EU34,4** (still not sure if its a high cn) and my interview is going to be in Sarajevo :D I sent my DS260 on May 19th.

Congrats to all the selectees! :D I tried to update your google spreadsheet to contain my information, but I am not sure whether I have succeeded, so Im just going to write it here. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, my CN is EU34,4** (still not sure if its a high cn) and my interview is going to be in Sarajevo :D I sent my DS260 on May 19th.
Hi Milana. Congratulations on being selected for DV2015. Your CN is not that high to risk you the interview which might happen in July IMO. Thank you for putting your data in the online doc.

Anyone current since October has received 2nl? Esa, enat, eu2015, jenugur, oferimi...?

No not yet. I called KCC yesterday. The lady who answered my questions told me that my forms has not been processed yet. They told me to call again 2 or 3 weeks later.
But jenugur received 2nd letter on Sep 19th, his/her interview will be on November.

When did you complete your DS260? I think that's also important because the forms are being processed by the date of submission.