• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Europe has a good jump again this month on the visa bulletin 24000
It has indeed but I don't get the point of this consecutive big jumps having lots of backlog to clear.... I'm current from Dec and still not sure if will get 2nl for March interview. I think KCC has had enough time to process my files in 5 months time!!! Hope not to be frustrated this time...
When in January is your interview @janar2015 ?

Tuesday 13 in a couple of days and I know this waiting is a killer even this week while i am waiting for the tuesday to come are taught too. I recieved the 2nl in the moment I was cuurent. Hopes you get your 2nl this month, you had even lower case number

It has indeed but I don't get the point of this consecutive big jumps having lots of backlog to clear.... I'm current from Dec and still not sure if will get 2nl for March interview. I think KCC has had enough time to process my files in 5 months time!!! Hope not to be frustrated this time...
When in January is your interview @janar2015 ?
Don't wory be happy . You will get your 2nd letter soon. You have submitted your forms on Aug.17 . I thing so KCC processed the Aug.

Tes Su
@SusieQQQ - my exact same thoughts when l read about the R&R bit. I should have gone to university to study being a spin doctor ;)
Yes Susie, the reason of course is that the companies couldnt be bothered getting proper working papers for contracting staff. It's easier and cheaper on them. The fact that staff get a short breather from work is just an aside I mentioned.

Hi guys,

Could someone please help me by answering the following questions?

- I lived in several european countries, have got police certificates from each of those places but they are more than 6 months old. Shall I get new ones for the interview, even though i'm not living there anymore?
- Once in the US: How long does it take until we receive all the papers and can travel again?
- How much time can you spend outside of the US as a green card holder?

Thanks so much!! :)

OK - if you read the reciprocity page for Kuwait you see the information posted below. You should go through the motions exactly as you see written below - and document carefully the steps you have taken to obtain the certificate. Because of the way you have "not" resided there for more than 6 months you might still fail to get the police certificate. In that case you need to prove that you took these trips every 90 days to establish that you have not met the residency requirement described below - even though this lasted 8 years. It is all about the documentation. You want to go to the interview armed carefully with the evidence that proves you followed the intructions AND proved that you did not meet the residency standard, and therefore are not expected to provide the certificate. If you attend the interview without documenting that carefully you might be put on AP pending the production of a certificate that you cannot provide (not a good place to be in).

If you do all that I have described, I think you'll be OK.

Police Records
Available only to those residing in Kuwait; age 18 and above must get the police clearance certificate if resided in country for 6 months or more.

A police certificate, or 'Good Conduct Certificate,' can be obtained from the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence, Department of Identification and Automated Search located in the Farwaniya-Dhajeej area, Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main building. Phone: 2434-6101. Fax: 2434-5790.

Each applicant must provide the following:

- A letter from the US Embassy*
- One recent front-view color photograph
- Passport and one photocopy
- Kuwaiti Civil Identification Card and one photocopy

*The Embassy will only provide the letter of request to immigrant visa applicants. U.S. citizens and other individuals seeking Kuwait police clearances should obtain a letter of request from his/her local sponsor or the requesting embassy.

The process to obtain a police certificate takes 1 to 2 weeks.
Hi Folks.
I have requested appointment at USA Embassy here in Kuwait to pick up the Letter of Request for PCC. I intend to follow Simon's advice and follow out all of the instructions above. I have also decided to stay in Kuwait for an extra month to dig deep and see if I can get PCC in this awkward situation.
Just two short questions if I may;
1. Over the past 8 years I have lived and worked in Kuwait for 85 days at a time followed by approx 5 days outside the state. I have never been resident in Kuwait. Based on this, do you think I should access my DS260 and change my address for these years back to my home country-Ireland? My time in Kuwait has been as a contractor but I still use Ireland as my base in all matters like banking, correspondence etc. Could I claim in the DS260 that I have actually been resident in Ireland these past 8 years?
2. Presuming you advise against my idea in question 1 above; is there any point in me getting letters of good conduct/lawful behavior from my employers before I leave. Would they be worth anything at the interview?
Best Wishes,
Annanz

Last edited:
Yes I just got home.
So interview at 8 arrive 30 minutes early and already a line of people waiting outside to get in. After done the security check got to the waiting room. I was with my wife after a while they call our name went there to an Albanian nice lady she got throw our documents gave her the medical sealed enveloped. We fixed there the error we had done to the DS260. (I had the wrong passport number and the last name of birth of my mother) Looked at our photos we gave them even thought were married before. Done that we paid our fees and got the fingerprint. Than we got back to the waiting room and wait for a while before our name was called again. We did our swear say the truth nothing else but the truth.
1 Do you have children?
no
Asked for high school ?
When you started when you finished
What high school you attend and which city.
University same questions
2 Have you travel out side of Albania ?
How many times ?
Where did you go ?
Why you went there?
Did you know anybody there who waited for you.
Same question even to my wife for the placed she has been too. In fact she already knew even the country where I just visit as tourist and asked directly for those.
Have you lived for more than 6 months outside of Albania?
When you got married?
Who is your sponsor and where are you going?
She gave the documents back and give a piece of paper and with a poker face said everything is ok with you case we will keep you passport and send to with DHL.
about 2 hours were done.

Hi guys,

Could someone please help me by answering the following questions?

- I lived in several european countries, have got police certificates from each of those places but they are more than 6 months old. Shall I get new ones for the interview, even though i'm not living there anymore?
- Once in the US: How long does it take until we receive all the papers and can travel again?
- How much time can you spend outside of the US as a green card holder?

Thanks so much!! :)

Hi EmiHami, you need police certificate from a country where you previously resided if you lived there for more than 6 months. I believe if you did not move back to a given country, a police cert. older than 6 months would be fine. You can also check the country reciprocity site to see what exactly you need to obtain: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Once you are in the US, it would take approx. 1-3 months for the plastic cards to be mailed to you but that does not mean you cannot travel in the meantime – you can travel since you’d already have the temporary green card endorsed in your passport. As a green card holder, you can stay out of the country for max. 1 year without requesting a reentry permit, as per USCIS info: http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence. However, I have heard stories before where people were heavily questioned and interrogated at the airport after more than 6 months long absences - can anyone report similar experiences?

Hi @Britsimon ! I need to apply for a Police Certificate in England (ACRO) and I have a question regarding the Supporting Documentation. I am asked to provide:
TWO copies of different documents to prove your current address. Official
correspondence showing your name and address both dated within the last 6
months. These cannot be hand written and envelopes will not be accepted as
sufficient evidence.

Can you please help me what exactly I need to get as proof for the above? I can get a document from the municipality which states my current address. Would that be a valid proof? If yes, what else can I get as a 2nd proof? Your help is much appreciated!

Hi @Britsimon ! I need to apply for a Police Certificate in England (ACRO) and I have a question regarding the Supporting Documentation. I am asked to provide:
sufficient evidence.

Can you please help me what exactly I need to get as proof for the above? I can get a document from the municipality which states my current address. Would that be a valid proof? If yes, what else can I get as a 2nd proof? Your help is much appreciated!

Hi Flori, I know I'm not BritSimon but since I also obtained this doc. just a few months ago, maybe I can help too: ACRO accepts copies of documents from "official bodies" e.g. bank statements, letters from a GP, letters from a school or college, water/gas/electricity bills, phone bills etc. If you no longer live in the UK or don't have any such proofs, see the FAQ: http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

Hi Folks.
I have requested appointment at USA Embassy here in Kuwait to pick up the Letter of Request for PCC. I intend to follow Simon's advice and follow out all of the instructions above. I have also decided to stay in Kuwait for an extra month to dig deep and see if I can get PCC in this awkward situation.
1. Over the past 8 years I have lived and worked in Kuwait for 85 days at a time followed by approx 5 days outside the state. I have never been resident in Kuwait. Based on this, do you think I should access my DS260 and change my address for these years back to my home country-Ireland? My time in Kuwait has been as a contractor but I still use Ireland as my base in all matters like banking, correspondence etc. Could I claim in the DS260 that I have actually been resident in Ireland these past 8 years?
2. Presuming you advise against my idea in question 1 above; is there any point in me getting letters of good conduct/lawful behavior from my employers before I leave. Would they be worth anything at the interview?
Best Wishes,
Annanz

I think if you lie, you are highly likely to get yourself twisted into a situation that could cost your GC. Tell the truth and by all means prepare yourself with a couple of examples in point 2.

Hi Flori, I know I'm not BritSimon but since I also obtained this doc. just a few months ago, maybe I can help too: ACRO accepts copies of documents from "official bodies" e.g. bank statements, letters from a GP, letters from a school or college, water/gas/electricity bills, phone bills etc. If you no longer live in the UK or don't have any such proofs, see the FAQ: http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

Agreed!

Thanks a lot for your help @Sunshine15 ! Well, in this case I can get a bank statement and a document from the municipality stating my current address. Would that be enough? I am no longer living in the UK, actually it has been more than 13 years that I left and never got back. In the FAQs guidline it says:
If you live abroad you do not have to prove your UK addresses. You only have to prove your current address and inform us of your previous UK addresses over the past TEN years.
This means I don't have to provide the UK address... but still I would like to add it in the application form seeing no harm from this.

Did you complete the following instructions before making a bank transfer?

If you wish to make a payment by bank transfer, please send your responses to the following six questions to our customer services team at:
customer.resolutions@acro.pnn.police.uk

You will receive by return a unique reference number and all the information needed to affect a transfer of funds.

1) Are you intending to transfer the money from a UK account or international account?

2) Full name of applicant(s)

3) Date(s) of birth

4) Subject Access / Police Certificate / International Child Protection Certificate

5) Amount you are intending to transfer, in UK Sterling

6) Contact details - telephone / mobile number

p.s. What does GP stand for?

Thanks a lot for your help @Sunshine15 ! Well, in this case I can get a bank statement and a document from the municipality stating my current address. Would that be enough? I am no longer living in the UK, actually it has been more than 13 years that I left and never got back. In the FAQs guidline it says:
If you live abroad you do not have to prove your UK addresses. You only have to prove your current address and inform us of your previous UK addresses over the past TEN years.
This means I don't have to provide the UK address... but still I would like to add it in the application form seeing no harm from this.

Did you complete the following instructions before making a bank transfer?

If you wish to make a payment by bank transfer, please send your responses to the following six questions to our customer services team at:
customer.resolutions@acro.pnn.police.uk

You will receive by return a unique reference number and all the information needed to affect a transfer of funds.

1) Are you intending to transfer the money from a UK account or international account?

2) Full name of applicant(s)

3) Date(s) of birth

4) Subject Access / Police Certificate / International Child Protection Certificate

5) Amount you are intending to transfer, in UK Sterling

6) Contact details - telephone / mobile number

p.s. What does GP stand for?

GP is a doctor.

If you don't live in the country - don't stress about the proof - in fact don't include extra stuff as it will make them think you are trying to show you still live there. Just follow the instructions.....

If I completed those instructions... well I didn't because I still live in the UK so I paid via a different method, but of course you should follow the outlined steps with the bank transfer as your situation is slightly different. Good luck!

Hi Folks.
Best Wishes,
Annanz

You've never been technically legally resident in Kuwait. That is not the same thing as not living in Kuwait. The question is not "where were you legally resident", it is "where did you live"? I think its a technicality rather than a fact and highly likely that a CO would think you were trying to hide something if you did this... Just my opinion. Would you also claim to have been working for someone else in Ireland if they ask, for example? And if not how do you think it would sound trying to reconcile this....? I do think your employer's tactics have left you in a very difficult situation and your best bet is a sympathetic CO.
As for a letter from your company....under the best of circumstance I don't think it would carry much weight, but now as well as they already have shown they don't care much for laws so I think it would carry even less...

You've never been technically legally resident in Kuwait. That is not the same thing as not living in Kuwait. The question is not "where were you legally resident", it is "where did you live"? I think its a technicality rather than a fact and highly likely that a CO would think you were trying to hide something if you did this... Just my opinion. Would you also claim to have been working for someone else in Ireland if they ask, for example? And if not how do you think it would sound trying to reconcile this....? I do think your employer's tactics have left you in a very difficult situation and your best bet is a sympathetic CO.
As for a letter from your company....under the best of circumstance I don't think it would carry much weight, but now as well as they already have shown they don't care much for laws so I think it would carry even less...

Yep agreed. As I think we have said before this case is a bit of a gamble because of the way the residency wasn't handled correctly. It is absolutely unwise to lie - so I think the OP has a worthwhile chance to go for it, whilst accepting there is some risk.

sufficient evidence.

Hi Flori,
I got a Police Certificate from UK. They asked the same from me too. So, I emailed them my electricity and my phone bills. And that was enough.
I hope this helps.