• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Hi guys,
We got news :)
So...from the last news we gave you....after the interview we got a new sponsor and sent a new affidavit of support to the embassy (about one week after the interview).
5 days ago we got the email from the embassy asking us to send the passports via courier to have our visas issued! Today we received the email to pick up the passports from the courier. So...guys, we got our visas :D
It's like a Christmas present :D
Well, we're of course very glad the long process is over :p and we wish to all of you the best of luck!
Thank you everyone for all your help and support...your advices and opinions, and for sharing your experiences with us, which made evrth easier and more clear.
Happy New Year! :) May it be joyful and full of beautiful surprises :D

You succeeded . You did it. Congratssss . Happy merry christmas happy new year @Bleri .

Yes, that's what is written in the spreadsheet. Congrats Bleri, happy for you! Finally the first visa issued in Tirana (among our members) :)

Ahhh - I hadn't checked the spreadsheet - thanks for checking. However, they are the only embassy that I have found that seem genuinely confused about the I134 - they publish certain requirements for the I134 that are pure BS, along with the 125% requirement (that is technically not the requirement). So - as in the case of Bleri they are going to refuse/delay people based on their misapplying and frankly "made up" rules.

I have written to them to challenge them on their requirements, but in the meantime, anyone attending an interview and presenting an I134 in Tirana needs to be aware of these requirements - which can be seen here:-

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-dv-eng.pdf

The daft things are referenced below extracted from my email to them.

"I will make reference to the Foreign Affairs Manual - in particular the section that deals with the requirements regarding public charge concerns. Their document is published at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf.

1. The I-134 is listed as a required document. In the Foreign Affairs Manual (9 FAM 40.41 N5 ) the notes make clear that when adjudicating a case (including DV cases) you must consider the "totality of the circumstances". In other words, whilst the I-134 is one possible factor, you must consider other factors (such as an applicants own resources). Your instructions imply that the I-134 is required and that is not correct.

2. The instructions you publish state that the sponsors income described on the I-134 will be assessed at 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 (d) states very clearly that the 125% level is only required in assessing the I864 form - the minimum income requirements do not apply in cases such as DV cases using the I134.

3. The instructions mention that where a sponsor is married, the spouse also has to submit a I-134. That is not required for I-134 cases - perhaps that is required for I-864, but it is not stated anywhere in relation to I-134.

4, Your instructions also imply that only a US citizen or LPR can complete the I-134. The form itself contradicts that position and whilst you may be concerned about a non immigrant visa holder sponsor (covered in 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 (d) , they are not excluded as you suggest. A sponsor holding an H1-B visa for instance should be able to submit a I-134. "

It true Simon what you mentioned ahead. My sponsor needed to send again the affidavit support I-134 because he send only one personal copy but not for his wife so he send them again and the funny thing is that they pay taxes jointly and the total income amount was their both total incone so I don't really know now whos is my main sponsor.

Hi,

I'm EU 428xx number, it's really hard to survive all this waiting. After DV-2014 I don't know what to think. A lot of things is happening in my life these last months and I really don't know if it's good idea to wait for this or to start doing something else and forget about DV-2015. :(
It's hard to believe in current for August or September.

Ahhh - I hadn't checked the spreadsheet - thanks for checking. However, they are the only embassy that I have found that seem genuinely confused about the I134 - they publish certain requirements for the I134 that are pure BS, along with the 125% requirement (that is technically not the requirement). So - as in the case of Bleri they are going to refuse/delay people based on their misapplying and frankly "made up" rules.

I have written to them to challenge them on their requirements, but in the meantime, anyone attending an interview and presenting an I134 in Tirana needs to be aware of these requirements - which can be seen here:-

"I will make reference to the Foreign Affairs Manual - in particular the section that deals with the requirements regarding public charge concerns. Their document is published at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf.

1. The I-134 is listed as a required document. In the Foreign Affairs Manual (9 FAM 40.41 N5 ) the notes make clear that when adjudicating a case (including DV cases) you must consider the "totality of the circumstances". In other words, whilst the I-134 is one possible factor, you must consider other factors (such as an applicants own resources). Your instructions imply that the I-134 is required and that is not correct.

2. The instructions you publish state that the sponsors income described on the I-134 will be assessed at 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 (d) states very clearly that the 125% level is only required in assessing the I864 form - the minimum income requirements do not apply in cases such as DV cases using the I134.

3. The instructions mention that where a sponsor is married, the spouse also has to submit a I-134. That is not required for I-134 cases - perhaps that is required for I-864, but it is not stated anywhere in relation to I-134.

4, Your instructions also imply that only a US citizen or LPR can complete the I-134. The form itself contradicts that position and whilst you may be concerned about a non immigrant visa holder sponsor (covered in 9 FAM 40.41 N5.6-3 (d) , they are not excluded as you suggest. A sponsor holding an H1-B visa for instance should be able to submit a I-134. "

It's time to get confused for the Albanian embassy :):)

It true Simon what you mentioned ahead. My sponsor needed to send again the affidavit support I-134 because he send only one personal copy but not for his wife so he send them again and the funny thing is that they pay taxes jointly and the total income amount was their both total incone so I don't really know now whos is my main sponsor.
Do you mean the spouse is jobless so that's why they have joint taxes and same total income as the main sponsor only? Any idea if this situation affects the sponsorship? I'm interested to know as being in the same boat.

Hello,

I am new in this forum. I have read some interesting information and debates on the cut off maximum numbers and some of the members even provided statistical justifications.

I found the justifications of Britsimon especially interesting. For this reason I would like to ask you, Britsimon, to give your opinion on my chances of becoming current in dv 2015. I won the lottery with case number of EU395**, DS-260 submitted on May 2014. Do I have chances to become current and if, so, in which month can I expect to become current and interview scheduled?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I am new in this forum. I have read some interesting information and debates on the cut off maximum numbers and some of the members even provided statistical justifications.

I found the justifications of Britsimon especially interesting. For this reason I would like to ask you, Britsimon, to give your opinion on my chances of becoming current in dv 2015. I won the lottery with case number of EU395**, DS-260 submitted on May 2014. Do I have chances to become current and if, so, in which month can I expect to become current and interview scheduled?

Thanks a lot!

Yes I expect you to be current with an interview in august or September.

Yes I expect you to be current with an interview in august or September.
Thanks, Britsimon! One more question. I incorrectly wrote the city of birth for my mother, but I correctly included her country of birth. Does it make sense to ask to unlock my form to change the city of birth?

Thanks, Britsimon! One more question. I incorrectly wrote the city of birth for my mother, but I correctly included her country of birth. Does it make sense to ask to unlock my form to change the city of birth?

Assuming your details are correct, then your mothers details are not important. No need to unlock for that.

Do you mean the spouse is jobless so that's why they have joint taxes and same total income as the main sponsor only? Any idea if this situation affects the sponsorship? I'm interested to know as being in the same boat.
No my situation is different they both work and send their both earning statement but only the wife has the american Passport and the Husband has only a green card.
But the income of the wife alone were not sufficient to cover up but his was OK but apparently in 1040 they pay taxes together on the their total amount income so I got the I-134 form each of them and had their total income together. It kind of mess up because as Simon said the instruction are different but they asking for something different.

="janar2015, post: 2380194, member: 3695for my situation is different they both work and send their both earning statement but only the wife has the american Passport and the Husband has only a green card.
But the income of the wife alone were not sufficient to cover up but his was OK but apparently in 1040 they pay taxes together on the their total amount income so I got the I-134 form each of them and had their total income together. It kind of mess up because as Simon said the instruction are different but they asking for something different.
I see your case now and everything looks fine for you. But what if the spouse is jobless while the I 134 of the main sponsor is sufficient to cover his family and mine according to poverty guidelines? Does this affect the sponsorship? Do I still need a separate I 134 from the spouse?
p.s. the spouse pays taxes under her husband's insurance.

Last edited:
I see your case now and everything looks fine for you. But what if the spouse is jobless while the I 134 of the main sponsor is sufficient to cover his family and mine according to poverty guidelines? Does this affect the sponsorship? Do I still need a separate I 134 from the spouse?
p.s. the spouse pays taxes under her husband's insurance.

If you are interviewing in Tirana - then their rules mean that you will probably have to provide two I134s if the sponsor is married.

Hi guys,
Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks everyone for your wishes! :)

Britsimon your explanations are indeed very helpful! I hope this will help out all other applicants in Tirana. Even the link you attached regarding the docs required is very helpful...!
Happy New Year everyone and may 2015 be full of accomplishments for all of you :D