• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

I submitted in June, but unlocked and re-submited on the 16th of August. I've been hearing mixed messages about how long it takes for KCC to process the files, but I suppose it's normal that I haven't gotten a 2nd NL yet?

Some changes made after unlocking the form will require KCC to rerun certain searches. Other changes don't require that. ONce your forms are process you are then eligible to be interviewed IF your case number is also current.

What is your approximate case number (and region)?

Some changes made after unlocking the form will require KCC to rerun certain searches. Other changes don't require that. ONce your forms are process you are then eligible to be interviewed IF your case number is also current.

What is your approximate case number (and region)?

Ah, that makes sense, thanks! My case number is EU18xxx. So I'm guessing my interview will be around March then?

Ah, that makes sense, thanks! My case number is EU18xxx. So I'm guessing my interview will be around March then?

So you are current already. Your interview date will depend on how quickly they process the change you made in August. So yes an interview in March is possible/likely as long as they have finished your forms in the next 2 weeks.

While it is indeed true that some changes made after unlocking the form will require KCC to rerun certain searches and other changes don't require that, have you actually gone online to check if the 2NL was uploaded? Sometimes one may not receive an email informing them of the upload (or the mail may be in the spam box), it's possible to confirm by logging into the ESC site. Of course you can also give KCC a call to confirm what the status of your DS form is.

Hey @grd good luck for tomorrow and please don't forget to share your success with us ;)

Any news why @enat was put on AP ?
Any news from our 2 members ?!

Yesterday the US ambassador in Tirana gave some good news: visas B1, B2 tourist visas, student visas or visas valid for one year, their validity will now be three years and not one. Does this affect the Diversity Visas in terms of the softening of the process? I guess not, just thought to ask the experts' opinion.

While it is indeed true that some changes made after unlocking the form will require KCC to rerun certain searches and other changes don't require that, have you actually gone online to check if the 2NL was uploaded? Sometimes one may not receive an email informing them of the upload (or the mail may be in the spam box), it's possible to confirm by logging into the ESC site. Of course you can also give KCC a call to confirm what the status of your DS form is.

Yes, I've been checking daily and will continue to do so ;)

Hello,

I am new here and I know that there is no "correct" answer on my question but I want to ask for opinion based on your guys experience. My case number is EU29xxx and I submitted DS260 on Jun 13th. However, I have asked KCC to unlock my DS because I wanted to put my previous address (Student Dormitory). They have unlocked my DS260, but I was confused and I have contacted US Embassy in my country and they told me that I am fine only with my current address which means that there is no need to put my temporarily address in student dormitory because it was in the same country. So, because of that I realised that there was no need for change in my DS260 not even for unlocking it. After that I have re-submitted my DS260 in the same state as it was. All of that was on December 17th.

My question would be, what do you think are those unlocking and re-submitting my DS260 will postpone date for interview?
DS260 is unchanged, only date is different because I re-submitted it on December 17th everything else is the same.

Thank you

Hello,

I am new here and I know that there is no "correct" answer on my question but I want to ask for opinion based on your guys experience. My case number is EU29xxx and I submitted DS260 on Jun 13th. However, I have asked KCC to unlock my DS because I wanted to put my previous address (Student Dormitory). They have unlocked my DS260, but I was confused and I have contacted US Embassy in my country and they told me that I am fine only with my current address which means that there is no need to put my temporarily address in student dormitory because it was in the same country. So, because of that I realised that there was no need for change in my DS260 not even for unlocking it. After that I have re-submitted my DS260 in the same state as it was. All of that was on December 17th.

My question would be, what do you think are those unlocking and re-submitting my DS260 will postpone date for interview?
DS260 is unchanged, only date is different because I re-submitted it on December 17th everything else is the same.

Thank you

No that will not impact your interview.

Any news from our 2 members ?!

Yesterday the US ambassador in Tirana gave some good news: visas B1, B2 tourist visas, student visas or visas valid for one year, their validity will now be three years and not one. Does this affect the Diversity Visas in terms of the softening of the process? I guess not, just thought to ask the experts' opinion.

I would doubt that, many countries get 10 years validity for B1/B2... And in any case the criteria for DV are diffferent and need to be met as are.

Hey guys, yesterday, my cousin a DV2015 winner, provided the missing document in the US embassy in Athens and they kept his passport. His normal interview was on 20 November. I dont know the procedure after this. I registered with the DHL courrier. Should I expect a call from the embassy now ? Normally how much time does it take?
Thanks in advance

Hey guys, yesterday, my cousin a DV2015 winner, provided the missing document in the US embassy in Athens and they kept his passport. His normal interview was on 20 November. I dont know the procedure after this. I registered with the DHL courrier. Should I expect a call from the embassy now ? Normally how much time does it take?
Thanks in advance

You just have to wait. Because tge AP crossed a month, the embassy will have to request a new visa number, so that could take a while.

Hey guys, I have another question. As soon as I found out that I was selected for further processing, I started collecting the necessary documents for the visa interview, such as police certificate and birth certificate.

But I heard somewhere that some of the documents for the interview can't be older than six months. Does anybody know if this is true and which documents they're talking about?

Hey guys, I have another question. As soon as I found out that I was selected for further processing, I started collecting the necessary documents for the visa interview, such as police certificate and birth certificate.

But I heard somewhere that some of the documents for the interview can't be older than six months. Does anybody know if this is true and which documents they're talking about?

The medical is usually the most critical, so don't get that too early. The police certs are also sometimes treated as something that should not be too old, although if it is for a country that you no longer live in, an older report (issued after you left) is still valid. For your current country, go with a more recent report.

Hi Guys!

I got my interview in Paris on January but i need to register my appointment on this site: svisa-info.com
I red that it was for sending the visa, but they ask the DS-260 number and the file number (?) Do you happen to know where i can find these numbers ?
(I only have a confirmation number about the DS 260 when i finished to fill up the form and it was sent by mail - a code bar )

Thanks a lot for your help!!

The medical is usually the most critical, so don't get that too early. The police certs are also sometimes treated as something that should not be too old, although if it is for a country that you no longer live in, an older report (issued after you left) is still valid. For your current country, go with a more recent report.

Makes sense but what if the police certificate says it's only valid for a certain amount of time, like say 3 months?

Makes sense but what if the police certificate says it's only valid for a certain amount of time, like say 3 months?

If the police certificate in your current country of residence is valid for 3 months, then obtain one that is not older than 3 months from the date of your interview. For example, if you have your interview in Abu Dhabi around April / May and they need police certificate not older than 3 months, then you can still wait with requesting the UAE one to make sure it doesn't lose its validity by the interview date. And if you lived somewhere else before eg. in Portugal and you did not move back there then a Portuguese police clearance older then 3 months should be fine.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

I got my interview in Paris on January but i need to register my appointment on this site: svisa-info.com
I red that it was for sending the visa, but they ask the DS-260 number and the file number (?) Do you happen to know where i can find these numbers ?
(I only have a confirmation number about the DS 260 when i finished to fill up the form and it was sent by mail - a code bar )

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I just registered to the usvisa-info.com. They asked only case number and passport number. File number means case number begins with EU2015XXX
but you will not write in same format you must write in 2015XXX format.

I just registered to the usvisa-info.com. They asked only case number and passport number. File number means case number begins with EU2015XXX
but you will not write in same format you must write in 2015XXX format.
Thank you very much Esa!
Have a nice day!