• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Hi everyone i just get current in april's bulletin, if somebody around the 900's get the 2NL, please let me know, thanks!
I became current in the Feb VB released on 9th January, got my 2NL on 25th January. You should get yours shortly after Easter holidays. Make sure you have everything you need to take to the interview; if you prepared well enough you will go through easily and quickly.

DV interview experience
Santiago, Chile

We arrived at the Embassy at 10:45 and had to wait in line outdoors as there is limited capacity to hold arrivals at the security checkpoint. We were duly screened and welcomed to proceed to the inner hall. Not really a busy place; Chile’s entry to the Visa Waiver Program since 2014 has left much of this post clear, serving only expat American citizens, immigrant and a few cases of non-immigrant visas. Anyway, we sat down for about 10 minutes before hearing my name called to window 6. The officer was a very kind lady, Spanish-speaking with native local accent. Before anything, I was told to go to the cashier and pay the fees. When done, I went back to the lady who called us first and handed over the receipts.

Then I was requested to hand over all the usual documents: birth and marriage certs, police clearance for every country we had lived in (4 total in our case), passport and high school diploma. In addition, she requested copy of my University diploma and work references from my previous 3 jobs. We had every single document translated into English; it adds a bit more of a cost but the effort is truly worth at the end, believe me. We were asked the usual: When and where did you marry? For how long have you lived in country A, country B? Do you hold other citizenships?

At this point I must explain that my case involved cross-chargeability since I was born in Chile but charged to Venezuela (where I grew up and attended Kindergarten, School and University). I brought both passports to the interview as well as a printed copy of the 9 FAM 502.6 (Foreign Affairs Manual) which covers the legal status of such applications. I was prepared to expect a lot of arguing about that but fortunately -as discussed many times in this forum and Simon's blog BritSimonSays.com - this was nothing of an issue. I presume by both being countries within the same region -SA- the allocation of visas does not affect the chances within the region as a whole.

After a few more random questions regarding my work experience and life history I was requested to take a seat again and wait to be interviewed by the main consular officer. 15 minutes later all the family members were called to window 2. Another very kind lady and also Spanish-speaking with a bit of an American accent. We were requested to raise our right hands and swear and put our fingerprints. She then said “Congratulations!” and informed our passports will be ready for pick up a week later. Then I recalled our B2 visas (all stamped in already expired passports) were not yet cancelled. I asked about that and she said “Oh! of course! Please give me your old visas”. She proceeded with the cancellation and then we were done. Very smooth.

A week later I went back to the Embassy to get our passports. I noticed a couple of typos in my wife and son stamps, told the very same lady about that. She informed it would take one more week to fix it; and so it did. USCIS fees are already paid and now we are finishing our suitcases.

I would like to finish my testimony by expressing my gratitute towards @Britsimon , @SusieQQQ , @Sm1smom and all the members for their invaluable collaboration and support. Their disposition and openness have been key not only to mine but to the cases of many around here. As he has pointed out many times, there is no need to get lawyers involved as this process is really straightforward once you have read and understood the directions given in first place at the official website travel.state.gov and also here.

I wish nothing but success to all people visiting this site. May your dreams come all true. Be patient, read a lot and try to understand as much as you can. If not, then ask. Most of the problems can be fixed if you are honest and sincere.

DV interview experience
Santiago, Chile

We arrived at the Embassy at 10:45 and had to wait in line outdoors as there is limited capacity to hold arrivals at the security checkpoint. We were duly screened and welcomed to proceed to the inner hall. Not really a busy place; Chile’s entry to the Visa Waiver Program since 2014 has left much of this post clear, serving only expat American citizens, immigrant and a few cases of non-immigrant visas. Anyway, we sat down for about 10 minutes before hearing my name called to window 6. The officer was a very kind lady, Spanish-speaking with native local accent. Before anything, I was told to go to the cashier and pay the fees. When done, I went back to the lady who called us first and handed over the receipts.

Then I was requested to hand over all the usual documents: birth and marriage certs, police clearance for every country we had lived in (4 total in our case), passport and high school diploma. In addition, she requested copy of my University diploma and work references from my previous 3 jobs. We had every single document translated into English; it adds a bit more of a cost but the effort is truly worth at the end, believe me. We were asked the usual: When and where did you marry? For how long have you lived in country A, country B? Do you hold other citizenships?

At this point I must explain that my case involved cross-chargeability since I was born in Chile but charged to Venezuela (where I grew up and attended Kindergarten, School and University). I brought both passports to the interview as well as a printed copy of the 9 FAM 502.6 (Foreign Affairs Manual) which covers the legal status of such applications. I was prepared to expect a lot of arguing about that but fortunately -as discussed many times in this forum and Simon's blog BritSimonSays.com - this was nothing of an issue. I presume by both being countries within the same region -SA- the allocation of visas does not affect the chances within the region as a whole.

After a few more random questions regarding my work experience and life history I was requested to take a seat again and wait to be interviewed by the main consular officer. 15 minutes later all the family members were called to window 2. Another very kind lady and also Spanish-speaking with a bit of an American accent. We were requested to raise our right hands and swear and put our fingerprints. She then said “Congratulations!” and informed our passports will be ready for pick up a week later. Then I recalled our B2 visas (all stamped in already expired passports) were not yet cancelled. I asked about that and she said “Oh! of course! Please give me your old visas”. She proceeded with the cancellation and then we were done. Very smooth.

A week later I went back to the Embassy to get our passports. I noticed a couple of typos in my wife and son stamps, told the very same lady about that. She informed it would take one more week to fix it; and so it did. USCIS fees are already paid and now we are finishing our suitcases.

I would like to finish my testimony by expressing my gratitute towards @Britsimon , @SusieQQQ , @Sm1smom and all the members for their invaluable collaboration and support. Their disposition and openness have been key not only to mine but to the cases of many around here. As he has pointed out many times, there is no need to get lawyers involved as this process is really straightforward once you have read and understood the directions given in first place at the official website travel.state.gov and also here.

I wish nothing but success to all people visiting this site. May your dreams come all true. Be patient, read a lot and try to understand as much as you can. If not, then ask. Most of the problems can be fixed if you are honest and sincere.

Congrats again and best of luck in this new episode of your life in the U.S. Your story is one full of inspiration, specially with all the times that you applied and you finally got selected. Never give up is the main key :)

Hi everyone! Could you please tell where can i find a template for a job offer letter for my interview, because i'm thinking about every possibility to take with me at the interview, i read about the poverty guidelines and i don't have that amount of money... I also have a relative who lives in the US and im thinking about the sponsorship, besides money what requirements should he met?

Hi everyone! Could you please tell where can i find a template for a job offer letter for my interview, because i'm thinking about every possibility to take with me at the interview, i read about the poverty guidelines and i don't have that amount of money... I also have a relative who lives in the US and im thinking about the sponsorship, besides money what requirements should he met?

In my experience -and so far for other venezuelans- no one has been asked for any financial support documents. But just in case, check your DM.

Why do you need a template for a job offer? Are you trying to write up a job offer for yourself? Anyone offering you a job, if the offer is genuine, should know how to write the job offer letter.

Read Simon's blog regarding sponsorship:
http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

Why do you need a template for a job offer? Are you trying to write up a job offer for yourself? Anyone offering you a job, if the offer is genuine, should know how to write the job offer letter.

And to add the obvious, presenting anything that is not genuine at interview is fraudulent and will lead to denial.

Hello @Sm1smom & @SusieQQQ A company is offering me a job, however he doesn't know how to write the offer, if the letter should be directed to me or to the embassy, should the company specify when the job is going to begin, etc. Any information about how the company should write the letter will help, thank you!

Hello @Sm1smom & @SusieQQQ A company is offering me a job, however he doesn't know how to write the offer, if the letter should be directed to me or to the embassy, should the company specify when the job is going to begin, etc. Any information about how the company should write the letter will help, thank you!

The offer letter should be the standard offer letter the company typically issues to their new hires, it should be addressed/directed to you.

Hi Tolix!
At my interview I was asked to provide the affidavit of support (I-134) as proof of financial support. If you are able to get it on time before your interview, no need to present the job offer. It's either one or the other. I presume you have an education degree further to your high school. If so, then you are already in very good shape for the sake of your case. Do not overstress yourself. Out of my own (successful) experience, I would recommend to go ahead preparing the affidavit.
Good luck, pal! I am positive you are going to make it!

Hello friends @Cornelio @Guarapa i filled my profile at ustraveldocs and im seeing that my profile says that "No appointment is currently scheduled." however i received my 2NL and i have my interview on May 9th

Don't worry about that response from their system. DV cases are not scheduled through their system - you simply have to register with them for courier purposes.