• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Wow i hope that people can deal with the new rates. This will definitely impact future winners of 2017 and lets hope the impact is not that big since a lot of people are leaving Venezuela.

Not to mention that Venezuelans count for a third of SA DV selectees!

That's right! And Brazil and Mexico got NONE!!!! How about that!!!!

Just to clarify when i made the comment about Venezuela and Cuba was in no way stating that is wrong or unfair that they are getting more visas from the rest of the Latin America Region. It was already explained and hoping that my country obtains more visas is far away from a question. Again I was not making any kind of comparisons from my country vs Venezuela or Cuba and actually Panama is receiving a lot of people immigrating from Colombia and Venezuela due to economical and political reasons and I understand how bad this could be at least for Colombia not been able to participate for DV. Just wanted to clear that out and I apologize if the comment was offensive or showing less respect to other latin american nations :) as well feeling lucky that my country can still participate on this program

Hi everyone i just get current in april's bulletin, if somebody around the 900's get the 2NL, please let me know, thanks!

Hi everyone i just get current in april's bulletin, if somebody around the 900's get the 2NL, please let me know, thanks!

Congrats MrTolix. Hope you complete the entire process soon :). I guess you are from Venezuela as well right?

Hey people! Good news on this side! Our visas are approved!
I would like to give @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and everyone in this forum the credit you deserve for making this process a very smooth for me and my family! In the next few days I will post about my experience, a little odd because some specific circumstances in my life, but absolutely in line and consistent with all what has been posted here and in the Simon's blog BritSimonSays.com...
Now time to a little celebration, packing and research on the next steps before we board the plane heading "Destiny"...

Thank you all!;)

I would like to give @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and everyone in this forum the credit you deserve for making this process a very smooth for me and my family! In the next few days I will post about my experience, a little odd because some specific circumstances in my life, but absolutely in line and consistent with all what has been posted here and in the Simon's blog BritSimonSays.com...
Now time to a little celebration, packing and research on the next steps before we board the plane heading "Destiny"...

Thank you all!;)

Awesome!

Thank you all!;)

Congrats Guarapa and best of luck in this new episode of your life in the USA. Felicidades!!

Thank you all!;)

Congratulations and all the best for your new life in the US!
champagne.jpg

Thank you all!;)

Yes!!! Congratulations! :D:D:D:D

Yes!!! Congratulations! :D:D:D:D

Congratulations Cornelio!! and Guarapa!
I'm in NYC I already got my social security but nothing about the green card... I called USCIS and they said it could take 60 days or more for the green card to arrive... and my case number says error on their website which makes me nervous...

anyways, all the best wishes for the other venezuelans waiting fot their interview!

I'm in NYC I already got my social security but nothing about the green card... I called USCIS and they said it could take 60 days or more for the green card to arrive... and my case number says error on their website which makes me nervous...

anyways, all the best wishes for the other venezuelans waiting fot their interview!
Thank you cmara25. In my opinion the SSN is far more important for newcomers so you are in good shape for all legal matters. Your stamped passport is ok for the moment being. Start being worried if the 60 days are elapsed and you got no physical GC. Enjoy your life in the Big Apple!

Thank you @cmara25 ! I agree with @Guarapa , i've read that the GC is taking more than the 45 days it's supposed to arrive. It all depends on the time you made the USCIS fee payment and the office procesing your case. Enjoy New York! ;D

Thank you cmara25. In my opinion the SSN is far more important for newcomers so you are in good shape for all legal matters. Your stamped passport is ok for the moment being. Start being worried if the 60 days are elapsed and you got no physical GC. Enjoy your life in the Big Apple!

Congratulations Guarapa