• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Please answer my two questions to you earlier.
Could you answer in your interview any question that you would have been able to answer in your high school or subsequent exams?
Would you be happy to have a CO refuse your application (without appeal) by going against the Department of
State guidelines, and not validly following the correct procedure?
Unless you can answer "yes" to both these questions, your arguments do not hold water.
Look, as I said above to be able to "demonstrate a basic level of knowledge commensurate with their documents" does not equate to "to answer any question from any of your high school exams". The critically important role of the CO is to determine objective DV eligibility based on the information provided by the DV applicant, checking in detail for possible inconsistencies and fraud attempts - therefore, as the Consulate would argue, cross checking documents with personal information during the interview process are part of CO's discretion and, again the Consulate would argue, in no way are going against the guidelines as provided by DOS. If this arguments would be made by the Consulate as such, I certainly would not disagree. But fact is that the Consulate does not even need to argue these points, so the only important point for DV folks from Ghana is how to go from here. What I, you or anybody else thinks, I am sorry to say, is absolutely irrelevant.

Look, as I said above to be able to "demonstrate a basic level of knowledge commensurate with their documents" does not equate to "to answer any question from any of your high school exams". The critically important role of the CO is to determine objective DV eligibility based on the information provided by the DV applicant, checking in detail for possible inconsistencies and fraud attempts - therefore, as the Consulate would argue, cross checking documents with personal information during the interview process are part of CO's discretion and, again the Consulate would argue, in no way are going against the guidelines as provided by DOS. If this arguments would be made by the Consulate as such, I certainly would not disagree. But fact is that the Consulate does not even need to argue these points, so the only important point for DV folks from Ghana is how to go from here. What I, you or anybody else thinks, I am sorry to say, is absolutely irrelevant.

I don't understand why you don't see what is "irrelevant". The consulate has openly admitted it goes against DoS policy. Why do you think that is ok?

Do you understand that other consulates that have done similar things have been ordered to stop by the DoS?

I don't understand why you don't see what is "irrelevant". The consulate has openly admitted it goes against DoS policy. Why do you think that is ok?

Do you understand that other consulates that have done similar things have been ordered to stop by the DoS?
Where exactly did they admit this? One can safely assume that any written statement by a US Consulate has been legally reviewed and approved. Surely, procedures can and should be revised as appropriate by any organization on a continuous basis, no question, yet the fact of the matter for folks in Ghana waiting for their DV interview are procedures currently in place, so it is much better, I believe, to understand those in detail and to plan accordingly, which my earlier recommendations are focussed on. We could bitch on this forum until the cows go home, yet by the time local consulate processes may change, DV 2015 will be certainly long over and gone.
Will watch some basketball now...

Where exactly did they admit this? One can safely assume that any written statement by a US Consulate has been legally reviewed and approved. Surely, procedures can and should be revised as appropriate by any organization on a continuous basis, no question, yet the fact of the matter for folks in Ghana waiting for their DV interview are procedures currently in place, so it is much better, I believe, to understand those in detail and to plan accordingly, which my earlier recommendations are focussed on. We could bitch on this forum until the cows go home, yet by the time local consulate processes may change, DV 2015 will be certainly long over and gone.
Will watch some basketball now...

I'm not sure how many more times we need to go over this. You have added two and two and got three point four.
Enjoy your basketball, must be nice to relax and not worry about your life being messed up by other people, and I hope for your sake you don't also come across a CO who decides to save some time and refuse you on spurious grounds rather than follow the correct procedure.

Oh Oh. Do I hear some profiling here?
Or maybe you are just geographically curious and forgot to capitalize eastern europe.
Pls we understand! Where you come from. Ok Eastern Europe, can we concentrate on Issue like whether or not higher case number will go current now?

A friend who will be having,his interview tomorrow is now learning,as if he is sitting for an entrance exams.

Should this be a visa interview,or a visa examination. And euro2014 sees absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I wonder the type of lens he is using

I wonder why they think everybody is wrong but not them.
This is the mail I recieved after also petitioning them.

Thank you for your email inquiry.
There are no appeals or reviews in Diversity Visa cases.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a reasonable
awareness of their areas of expertise that they claim on
their educational documentation. The rules for the
Diversity Visa lottery are strict and failure to follow the
rules can result in disqualification.
Sincerely,
US Embassy Accra
Consular Section

I have been reading through and cannot but get involved no matter the outcome.

It appears they are now tightening things at US Embassies in sub-Saharan Africa because people tend to know all before their interviews.

Also, nobody has ever mentioned MEDICAL as a reason for refusal. I believe the Doctors are protected by the DoS because the law states that no information from the visa application will be released after the application process. So, if a Doctor issues a bad medical report, then a CO will find any method to dismiss your case without even talking of the health issue. You can't convince me that all 125K selectees are in good health. Because no one has ever mention health as a reason for refusal. Then, why the cumbrous Medical Exam???

Sorry for cheeping in this even though a lurker of this Forum... I talked of problems and this problems are now beginning to surface!!!

Please as a law office you should kindly write a petition to the State Department citing the case you have been debating on...

Thanks,

Last edited:

It appears they are now tightening things at US Embassies in sub-Saharan Africa because people tend to know all before their interviews.

Also, nobody has ever mentioned MEDICAL as a reason for refusal. I believe the Doctors are protected by the DoS because the law states that no information from the visa application will be released after the application process. So, if a Doctor issues a bad medical report, then a CO will find any method to dismiss your case without even talking of the health issue. You can't convince me that all 125K selectees are in good health. Because no one has ever mention health as a reason for refusal. Then, why the cumbrous Medical Exam???

Sorry for cheeping in this even though a lurker of this Forum... I talked of problems and this problems are now beginning to surface!!!

Please as a law office you should kindly write a petition to the State Department citing the case you have been debating on...

Thanks,

If you are disqualified on a health basis the Co will let u be aware

Thanks,

The fact that you don't know what the medical exam involves or how one could be disqualified on medical grounds doesn't mean it falls under one of your so talked "problems". No doctor will write a 'bad medical report' if the candidate has passed the medical exam.

As a matter of fact, the doctors are required to inform any candidate who has a medical issue that falls under one of the medical grounds for disqualification. This is to enable them begin the required treatment and hopefully complete the process in time to be issued with a visa before the end of the FY.

If you bother to dig further in the forum, you will come across reports of people who tested positive for TB which happens to be one of the medical grounds for being found inadmissible and how that was handled/treated.

The fact that you don't know what the medical exam involves or how one could be disqualified on medical grounds doesn't mean it falls under one of your so talked "problems". No doctor will write a 'bad medical report' if the candidate has passed the medical exam.

As a matter of fact, the doctors are required to inform any candidate who has a medical issue that falls under one of the medical grounds for disqualification. This is to enable them begin the required treatment and hopefully complete the process in time to be issued with a visa before the end of the FY.

If you bother to dig further in the forum, you will come across reports of people who tested positive for TB which happens to be one of the medical grounds for being found inadmissible and how that was handled/treated.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We appreciate your service and we would be grateful if you could kindly ask the law office you serve to lodge a petition on Case 2015AF7 at the State Department.
Cheers,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We appreciate your service and we would be grateful if you could kindly ask the law office you serve to lodge a petition on Case 2015AF7 at the State Department.
Cheers,

I cannot ask "the law office (I) serve to lodge a petition on Case 2015AF7 at the State Department" because there's no attorney-client relationship between the case owner and the law office that I serve, nor between you and the law office that I serve for you to make such a request of behalf of the person concerned.

I cannot ask "the law office (I) serve to lodge a petition on Case 2015AF7 at the State Department" because there's no attorney-client relationship between the case owner and the law office that I serve, nor between you and the law office that I serve for you to make such a request of behalf of the person concerned.
No problem about that, may be the case owner will ask for legal assistance after following this discussion...