• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

it is well man

Note: Some visa applications are denied because they require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

Note: Some visa applications are denied because they require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.
thanks for your information. i know this for sure and that is what I am avoiding:) by making sure I leave no stone unturned. Hope to hear from the embassy this week: i sent them a scan copy of the certificate.

Last edited:
Absolutely devastating & difficult to understand. Yes, agents surely do play a negative role in this yet it can not be the whole story in my pov.

Absolutely devastating & difficult to understand. Yes, agents surely do play a negative role in this yet it can not be the whole story in my pov.

Oh absolutely - not just the fault of the agents. There are other factors which are cultural and also within a country that is trying to attain modern standards of document keeping, laws and so on, often made more complex by trying to be a culturally diverse society.

Thank you for your email.

If our office has not contacted you by September 30, 2015, then you may consider the application finished. We are processing a high volume of cases and those who make their first appointment are seen first with the waitlisted applicants seen only if there are slots available.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

**** Please include your case number in all correspondence ****

I have spent 18weeks on the waiting list after missing my diversity visa interview. I still understand there is no guarantee I will have another chance. But with few weeks for the season to end, am just pleading on my request. I pray you don't see me as a nuisance. It's just a cry of a disappointed applicant so please help me.
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

I sent the above message yesterday and the embassy's response this morning is what I have posted above. As suggested by EURO2014

I sent the above message yesterday and the embassy's response this morning is what I have posted above. As suggested by EURO2014
papa j, while the response may sound somewhat discouraging it is good that you followed up and have pleaded your case! You still have until September 30th, as you know, and they should possibly find a slot to fit you in between now and then. Give it some time and get in touch with them again if nothing has happened beginning of July or so.

For other folks reading this: if humanly possible, do not miss your IV interview appointment and do n o t be late, rather make sure you'll arrive at minimum 1 - 2 hours early at the consulate, with any and all required documents properly lined up in sequence for review. Hand over the document you are specifically asked for, one by one, and clearly explain what the specific document is for, while you are handing it over. Make sure there is no room for any language issues or possible misunderstandings - ensure the CO clearly understands what you are telling her/him. Don't try to be humorous - I am not joking (sorry for the pun) ...

Hm. In your shoes, to be honest I would lean towards being overly cautious and getting it done. But then printing out the above as well. So if the CO in Accra has any questions about the notary seal, or the extra FAO one, or both, you can show why.
Incidentally is there any reason you're not doing the interview in China?
applied for both FAO and consulate authentication today. Will be ready in 3weeks time.

papa j, while the response may sound somewhat discouraging it is good that you followed up and have pleaded your case! You still have until September 30th, as you know, and they should possibly find a slot to fit you in between now and then. Give it some time and get in touch with them again if nothing has happened beginning of July or so.

For other folks reading this: if humanly possible, do not miss your IV interview appointment and do n o t be late, rather make sure you'll arrive at minimum 1 - 2 hours early at the consulate, with any and all required documents properly lined up in sequence for review. Hand over the document you are specifically asked for, one by one, and clearly explain what the specific document is for, while you are handing it over. Make sure there is no room for any language issues or possible misunderstandings - ensure the CO clearly understands what you are telling her/him. Don't try to be humorous - I am not joking (sorry for the pun) ...
point well said.

G
hello guys...good news for me, the embassy just called me..they said their almost done with my administrative processing but i should go and get a new medical exams done since the old one expired in march to complete my case

Good news.. What are u waiting for ?? Lol go grab your visa!! We are waiting for you in the States