• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

i promised you guys i was going to tell you what the outcome will be, honestly i was denied, i think my travels failed me i guess. i couldn't sleep yester night i might not be able to for the rest of my life. i was actually feeling paranoid during the interview b'cos my dates and time was against me or so, what really went wrong only God knows bcos the usual box for denial was ticked it actually didn't come to the my name order situation and why but it was my why i didn't have extra documents i guess court attestations and enough proof of me being a student in two different countries, i meant if only i had carry my past admission letters, bank statements including other docs which i left behind it might have made things easier, she might have understood because she was scrutinizing my visas in my passport and she later told me she didnt know what my police report from china was, she just pushed it back at me saying ''i don't know what this is'' she was very firm on this one not too sure what was wrong with my stay permit from Russia either ''what is this'' that was what she asked, i never over stayed and she knew that but only a CO can tell if you are qualified..... my best guess the political tensions and struggles around the world at the moment??? @aiguo i guess you got to be more careful if only you are having your interview in accra, it looks exactly as you already know; translated into english by a notary office in Shenzhen where i lived . all white with 2 pages right?? i guess it's because chinese don't have expiry dates on it unlike our local police report which she kept. it actually started very promising. but she was very firm and wanted to know exactly what i entered on my first entry and ds 260 since it look like most of my informations where exactly what i was saying, she always nodded saying ok before moving on to the next . well let me come back to the beginning we went through the usual staff in the morning until everybody except dv were left out. we were later told it was their lunch break and we have to come back after 1;30 pm. again left out until around when almost the afternoon new comers where half done. it did took almost another 2 hour to hear my name again, at this point most of us were just tired and getting frustrated b'cos i was hearing complains and you know how this can break your concentration psychologically as to what to say to questions unexpected being asked you. i was too much into my problem which didn't even come up i was confused with 2 years time line at how old you where at that time besides you need to listen carefully and not to panic, because every accent counts a lot, i wasn't hearing her too well and kept on asking her sorry? sorry ? could you please come again or maybe something else . just a very tiny error and you are caught founding and off guided. others who went before me never waited to share what went on, my guess the Ghanaian mentality of being ashamed being denied U.S visa or maybe over joyed i only saw two families who really showed this part anyway, lucky for them they were called earlier before any of us, i guess most of the remaining were agents involved in their situation b'cos one dude was actually busted after hearing his part of the story how he got to be chosen, his answer was AGENTS!! although i took my turn before him thanks to this forum and lovely family i know he will be denied for sure because there were a whole lot of errors like him being 21 yrs old and his wife 26 or 36 yrs am not too sure. besides who is no where she is, in our traditional ghanaian society that is weird. ive got t go now family and by the way thank you all for being one big, big family, don't be scared each case is special on it on, sorry its all my me not knowing you guys do exist learn to share your stories and let others learn from it. that's whats called a family on the FORUM it might be a the dead end for me b'cos i've given up all, my education, future just to live my American dream, it's now zero, anyone with a job in GH? hook me up and don't leave pity comments benith that will only make me fill sentimental like a morg meat,i cry for my family i don't know what to tell them because they never wanted me to do this but i didn't listen. Goodluck to all 2016 winners avoid the troubles ahead, had i known is always at last. do the right thing at the right time

@koffis, Boss thanks for the courage to share your experience with us. Not everybody (including me) can do that when denied.
Please pull yourself together, dont let the pain consume you and dont forget there will surely be A Better Tomorrow.

i promised you guys i was going to tell you what the outcome will be, honestly i was denied, i think my travels failed me i guess. i couldn't sleep yester night i might not be able to for the rest of my life. i was actually feeling paranoid during the interview b'cos my dates and time was against me or so, what really went wrong only God knows bcos the usual box for denial was ticked it actually didn't come to the my name order situation and why but it was my why i didn't have extra documents i guess court attestations and enough proof of me being a student in two different countries, i meant if only i had carry my past admission letters, bank statements including other docs which i left behind it might have made things easier, she might have understood because she was scrutinizing my visas in my passport and she later told me she didnt know what my police report from china was, she just pushed it back at me saying ''i don't know what this is'' she was very firm on this one not too sure what was wrong with my stay permit from Russia either ''what is this'' that was what she asked, i never over stayed and she knew that but only a CO can tell if you are qualified..... my best guess the political tensions and struggles around the world at the moment??? @aiguo i guess you got to be more careful if only you are having your interview in accra, it looks exactly as you already know; translated into english by a notary office in Shenzhen where i lived . all white with 2 pages right?? i guess it's because chinese don't have expiry dates on it unlike our local police report which she kept. it actually started very promising. but she was very firm and wanted to know exactly what i entered on my first entry and ds 260 since it look like most of my informations where exactly what i was saying, she always nodded saying ok before moving on to the next . well let me come back to the beginning we went through the usual staff in the morning until everybody except dv were left out. we were later told it was their lunch break and we have to come back after 1;30 pm. again left out until around when almost the afternoon new comers where half done. it did took almost another 2 hour to hear my name again, at this point most of us were just tired and getting frustrated b'cos i was hearing complains and you know how this can break your concentration psychologically as to what to say to questions unexpected being asked you. i was too much into my problem which didn't even come up i was confused with 2 years time line at how old you where at that time besides you need to listen carefully and not to panic, because every accent counts a lot, i wasn't hearing her too well and kept on asking her sorry? sorry ? could you please come again or maybe something else . just a very tiny error and you are caught founding and off guided. others who went before me never waited to share what went on, my guess the Ghanaian mentality of being ashamed being denied U.S visa or maybe over joyed i only saw two families who really showed this part anyway, lucky for them they were called earlier before any of us, i guess most of the remaining were agents involved in their situation b'cos one dude was actually busted after hearing his part of the story how he got to be chosen, his answer was AGENTS!! although i took my turn before him thanks to this forum and lovely family i know he will be denied for sure because there were a whole lot of errors like him being 21 yrs old and his wife 26 or 36 yrs am not too sure. besides who is no where she is, in our traditional ghanaian society that is weird. ive got t go now family and by the way thank you all for being one big, big family, don't be scared each case is special on it on, sorry its all my me not knowing you guys do exist learn to share your stories and let others learn from it. that's whats called a family on the FORUM it might be a the dead end for me b'cos i've given up all, my education, future just to live my American dream, it's now zero, anyone with a job in GH? hook me up and don't leave pity comments benith that will only make me fill sentimental like a morg meat,i cry for my family i don't know what to tell them because they never wanted me to do this but i didn't listen. Goodluck to all 2016 winners avoid the troubles ahead, had i known is always at last. do the right thing at the right time
sorry bro. mine police report is like a booklet with seal. has your chinese student visa expired?can i have your whatsapp number?

Last edited:
Was at the embassy this morning and although late by two hours, i was allowed to enter the premise..I went to window 1 where my name and a sheet of paper was given to me.to pay for my visa fees ...I payed and then to window 3 where i met a gentleman..he wanted to see my ds-260 confirmation page in which i showed. He said i didn't fill the forms properly because its my responsibility to fill the ds-260 separate for my wife and my son ..He gave me a blue page and asked me to fill the ds-260 for them and send a copy of it to the embassy email as attachment ..they gave me an open date so i will return to th embassy hopefully next week....

Was at the embassy this morning and although late by two hours, i was allowed to enter the premise..I went to window 1 where my name and a sheet of paper was given to me.to pay for my visa fees ...I payed and then to window 3 where i met a gentleman..he wanted to see my ds-260 confirmation page in which i showed. He said i didn't fill the forms properly because its my responsibility to fill the ds-260 separate for my wife and my son ..He gave me a blue page and asked me to fill the ds-260 for them and send a copy of it to the embassy email as attachment ..they gave me an open date so i will return to th embassy hopefully next week....
what do you mean by a "blue page"? has your DS 260 been unlocked to enable you do the filling?

what do you mean by a "blue page"? has your DS 260 been unlocked to enable you do the filling?

no..they asked me to fill a complete ds-260 for my wife and son and send the attachmento them by e mail. i thought that the one i filled contains their details but they said i should dill them separate.

Hmm... Guess you have been rather lucky and seem to have been give a second chance - good for you. What seems to be surprising, given your active presence in this forum, is the fact that you were surprised by DS-260 completion requirements. Hope it will work out for you in the second round... ;)

Sorry to read this - but it is good of you to share the info.

I am seeing that the Ghana thread is suffering some avoidable problems. There are lots of ways to get denied, some are because of the agents, but some are just basic things that should not be an issue. I hope we can convince the Ghanaian new batch to take care of the basics...

Sorry to read this - but it is good of you to share the info.

I am seeing that the Ghana thread is suffering some avoidable problems. There are lots of ways to get denied, some are because of the agents, but some are just basic things that should not be an issue. I hope we can convince the Ghanaian new batch to take care of the basics...
In his case, what was the avoidable mistake? He's not really stated why he was denied. What do we learn from this please?

I was wondering why i needed to fill two complete ds-260 for my wife and child..I was thinking that because i filled my that should contain their details as well...Can someone give me an explanation to this ?
What is there much to explain about it, really? It is the reason it so very important to read any and all instructions carefully when dealing with federal and state government entities and to act accordingly... They manage the DV procedures, you want one of those visa. They tell you to jump, you ask "how high?":)

Last edited:
I was wondering why i needed to fill two complete ds-260 for my wife and child..I was thinking that because i filled my that should contain their details as well...Can someone give me an explanation to this ?
You are trying to say that you did not know that each applicant is suppose to fill out the ds-260: yourself, wife and kid?

I must say I was tempted to let @EURO2014's post suffice as your response, but I decided to humor you and provide a bit of clarification. Simply listing your derivatives on your DS form is no indication of their desire to apply for a visa. The DS form is the official means of telling the embassy that the person the form is being filled or (or who is filling the form as the case may be) is putting in a formal petition to be issued with a visa.

It's such a shame that someone who is aware of this forum, and who partially participates would have ended up making such a big blunder as this!

I must say I was tempted to let @EURO2014's post suffice as your response, but I decided to humor you and provide a bit of clarification. Simply listing your derivatives on your DS form is no indication of their desire to apply for a visa. The DS form is the official means of telling the embassy that the person the form is being filled or (or who is filling the form as the case may be) is putting in a formal petition to be issued with a visa.

It's such a shame that someone who is aware of this forum, and who partially participates would have ended up making such a big blunder as this!
well said Sm1smom, it really a shame that He is asking for explanation. I believe that members here should be well equipped because there are too many stuffs on this forum making everyone to be over prepared for the interview.

What is there much to explain about it, really? It is the reason it so very important to read any and all instructions carefully when dealing with federal and state government entities and to act accordingly... They manage the DV procedures, you want one of those visa. They tell you to jump, you ask "how high?":)

thank you.