• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

This one is going to be interesting. I'm not expecting a big jump to be honest (400 was a bolshy and bold start IMO) but the KCC does like to keep people guessing.

CBDK, we're both 9XX numbers - we might be on the same day!

I'm hoping for my number to be in the February VB which would mean a March interview, April at the latest. In my head that's what's going to happen anyway....in reality, who can say?!

Last year you would have been in May. As horrifying as it may seem, KCC actually handled OC pretty well in DV2014. DV2015 should go slightly higher (with Nigeria allocation) so yeah, April (instead of May as in last year). Good luck!

Ha, yeah we might be!
Soooo glad I found this forum and I don't have to do this on my own...everybody I know is sick of hearing about it now so this outlet is a life saver :D

atta grl! I really do hear you. I am at the stage where I have stressed enough and realizing stress doesnt help!
At the end of the day we can only work with what we have, yet in saying that it is up to us to present to the best of our ability.
I am staggered at the mounting pile of documents I have, and trust me they havent been easy to obtain. AND I know there is no guarantee I will be granted residency. In for a penny in for a pound..........Im giving it my best shot. Im sure you will too.
Hang in there and buckle your seat belt!

Deb Im #4xx so likely to have interview in Nov. Ill let you know how I go when all is done and dusted.

Hey EMS - are you a low 4oo's number? we are high 400's so not sure if we will get through in November, but fingers crossed we do! Who knows what the next VB will be!!

I would love to hear from people who get their medicals for October re: vaccinations - I know there is the full list of "required" vaccinations on the gov site, but I've also seen people post the letter they receive from the consulate which lists far fewer vaccinations! I'm booked in to get bloodwork done next work to check my immunity to certain things and I plan to get whatever I need prior to my medical as it's a bit cheaper/can claim a bit back on health insurance so I don't want to end up getting any unnecessary ones! Already covered for DPT, Hep A, but unsure about Polio and MMR.
I'm sure you'll all be posting back with your experiences as they happen anyway re: medical/interview etc :)

Hey EMS - are you a low 4oo's number? we are high 400's so not sure if we will get through in November, but fingers crossed we do! Who knows what the next VB will be!!

Im very low 400 so am banking on Nov for sure.

Re the medical and vaccinations I would advise you to call the medical center that you need to attend. I called the Brisbane Medical place last week and the woman was really helpful. She told me "the list that is provided on the state gov site is NOT country specific". There are vaccinations listed that we do not need in OZ or NZ. I would strongly recommend you give them a call prior to cashing out for blood work.

Been a long wait for you indeed!

You're telling me! It will be worth it if it all comes through though.

In relation to the vaccinations, I was thinking about getting the blood-work done, but since a lot of people are reporting that they didn't actually need to have everything on the list on the website, I'm going to wait until I make the medical appointment and see what vaccinations they say are actually required. It's probably going to be cheaper for me to just get the couple I don't have records for done again.

You're telling me! It will be worth it if it all comes through though.

In relation to the vaccinations, I was thinking about getting the blood-work done, but since a lot of people are reporting that they didn't actually need to have everything on the list on the website, I'm going to wait until I make the medical appointment and see what vaccinations they say are actually required. It's probably going to be cheaper for me to just get the couple I don't have records for done again.

Essey, like I said above, call the med center. The conversation I had with them was too long to write in this forum. They are very helpful and answer all Q's. I was told they can give all vaccinations including boosters for just over $100. BUT dont take it from me........ its always better to get it from the horses mouth so to speak. One easy phone call will reveal all...... just give them a call

Hi All,

Have been lurking here a short while, and thought I'd say 'hello'. I have been unsure how much hope or excitement to get up for this whole process, and even more unsure of where to find current information. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a sort of Wiki going for the application, but I guess it changes to frequently, it might be tedious to update.

My numbers are in the 8XXs, so I take that to be a fairly good sign I'll be getting an interview around March next year, but who knows? It would be great to hear the experiences of those who interview in October -- I wish you all steely nerves and good luck!

Hi All,

Have been lurking here a short while, and thought I'd say 'hello'. I have been unsure how much hope or excitement to get up for this whole process, and even more unsure of where to find current information. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a sort of Wiki going for the application, but I guess it changes to frequently, it might be tedious to update.

My numbers are in the 8XXs, so I take that to be a fairly good sign I'll be getting an interview around March next year, but who knows? It would be great to hear the experiences of those who interview in October -- I wish you all steely nerves and good luck!

The state.gov has pretty much all you need.
You are correct things do change often so the wiki idea is pretty much out the window.

There are some good postings here and people are generally polite and helpful.

A big shout out to Britsimon and susieqqq who are lingeringly tirelessly to help out.
They have a wealth of knowledge and continue to stick around even though they have completed the process. Not many do that! Thank you susie and simon;):)

Welcome............. and good luck!

Last edited:
Just added Trifurcate to our list...

Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October

Essey - 4xx
OC_EMS - 4xx
SuicideBlonde - 4xx
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

It's actually incredibly exciting waiting around for these VBs to get published. Something to look forward to each month I guess. I think even after my "hopefully" successful DV interview I'll be following the VBs just as religiously to see how things play out.

It's actually incredibly exciting waiting around for these VBs to get published. Something to look forward to each month I guess. I think even after my "hopefully" successful DV interview I'll be following the VBs just as religiously to see how things play out.

Yep - we are all VB/DV junkies.