• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

And yes I did see your post on prosthodontist, thank you

Cool - then you're in!!!! :cool::)

Oh, and one more thing, although they have a bee in their bonnets about vocational training not being good for the educational qualification, it is very useful in making the work experience case.

Cool - then you're in!!!! :cool::)

Oh, and one more thing, although they have a bee in their bonnets about vocational training not being good for the educational qualification, it is very useful in making the work experience case.
:p

Yes I realize now that my work experience and qualifications will be more than adequate. I have run my own clinic for 14 years. And it took 2 courses totalling 4.5 years to get here, so I think I'm safe. Cheers

Nice research work Simon! Good luck Deb, just get your documentation together and you should be fine, try not to stress!

Nice research work Simon! Good luck Deb, just get your documentation together and you should be fine, try not to stress!
Thanks Essey and Britsimon, I think I will stop stressing now. I have all I need or can get my hands on it, so I can cope now. OMG I need a beer.

FWIW, I'd give you the visa, Deb. I reckon you have a great case. There are people on here who barely have two years work experience.

You have 10+ years, post high school quals, and you've run your own business.

It is however not a visa that is a based on these things, or it would straight out be based on skills only.
It is a visa with very simple rules that are pre-announced and need to be met.
It is very easy to show a high school diploma. It is harder to prove work experience. She needs to make the case. It is not a case of the CO being able to make a subjective judgement, it is a case of the CO needing to show she has met the criteria. For that she has to do the work.

If I sound a bit unsympathetic, it's because none of this should have been a surprise if she had just read the instructions properly...

It is however not a visa that is a based on these things, or it would straight out be based on skills only.
It is a visa with very simple rules that are pre-announced and need to be met.
It is very easy to show a high school diploma. It is harder to prove work experience. She needs to make the case. It is not a case of the CO being able to make a subjective judgement, it is a case of the CO needing to show she has met the criteria. For that she has to do the work
If I sound a bit unsympathetic, it's because none of this should have been a surprise if she had just read the instructions properly...

Well it is all down to interpretation I think. I tend to think laterally and I obviously misunderstood the education thing. I still think it is a little grey, but fair enough it is just black and white. However I have done plenty of work and can easily prove my work experience and training. The issue was finding where my profession fit. And thanks to Britsimon it has become clear.

If there's one thing I've learned, the seemingly impossible is possible.

On this site, there was an Aussie born in the UK to Australian parents who were residing there whilst the dad was studying. He was able to provide a mountain of evidence to prove chargeability back to Oz. Even the first CO at the embassy said 'No' but he persisted and he got it.

I know it's a different situation but this guy knew his stuff, had all his evidence ready, and was able to convince the CO.

On this site, there was an Aussie born in the UK to Australian parents who were residing there whilst the dad was studying. He was able to provide a mountain of evidence to prove chargeability back to Oz. Even the first CO at the embassy said 'No' but he persisted and he got it.

I know it's a different situation but this guy knew his stuff, had all his evidence ready, and was able to convince the CO.

Exactly. It's not about what's impossible, it's about proving what you need to. Like britsimon said.
It doesn't change the fact that people should have read the instructions...for the few lucky enough to have managed to find a way in anyway, there are many, many more who are just disqualified. Which means that they wasted visa slots that could have gone to qualified applicants.

Thecase you describe was allowed because of a well defined rule. It isnt a surprise that the CO did not know the rules, they often don't.

Exactly. It's not about what's impossible, it's about proving what you need to. Like britsimon said.
It doesn't change the fact that people should have read the instructions...for the few lucky enough to have managed to find a way in anyway, there are many, many more who are just disqualified. Which means that they wasted visa slots that could have gone to qualified applicants.

Don't those visas go back into the pool?

Don't those visas go back into the pool?

The original numbers could have gone to qualified (unselected) applicants in the first place. And before you ask...yes, people who don't bother reading the instructions and find out after selection that they are not actually qualified is indeed one of the reasons they select more numbers than they need :rolleyes:

I just noticed the Visa Bulletin has gone from September 2014 to 'Coming Soon'. :) Barring no change at all in numbers, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be current with my CN, so I'm starting to get excited!

I'm counting down the days to the 15th for the next bulletin but it would be better if it was earlier!
It'll come out on the 10th I reckon...
It's so tough waiting all month for that one moment where you check the numbers, discuss, analyse, agonise and then start all over again...and this is only the 2nd VB!

It'll come out on the 10th I reckon...
It's so tough waiting all month for that one moment where you check the numbers, discuss, analyse, agonise and then start all over again...and this is only the 2nd VB!

LOL - yeah - previous years winners can relate! You will have quite a long wait with your number...

LOL - yeah - previous years winners can relate! You will have quite a long wait with your number...
I'm hoping for my number to be in the February VB which would mean a March interview, April at the latest. In my head that's what's going to happen anyway....in reality, who can say?!