• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Im very low 400 so am banking on Nov for sure.

Re the medical and vaccinations I would advise you to call the medical center that you need to attend. I called the Brisbane Medical place last week and the woman was really helpful. She told me "the list that is provided on the state gov site is NOT country specific". There are vaccinations listed that we do not need in OZ or NZ. I would strongly recommend you give them a call prior to cashing out for blood work.
Melbournes Bridge st medical were not very helpful and neither were Medibank :( Said they couldn't tell me anything would have to wait for the medical !
Did the Brisbane clinic tell you specifically which ones you would need ? PM me it's too long to write out on the forum - would super appreciate it!

Melbournes Bridge st medical were not very helpful and neither were Medibank :( Said they couldn't tell me anything would have to wait for the medical !
Did the Brisbane clinic tell you specifically which ones you would need ? PM me it's too long to write out on the forum - would super appreciate it!

Yeah, this is why I'm waiting until I make my appointment, I think they tell you what you need to know once you make your appointment when you get your 2NL. A few pages back (in the last 10 I would say), one of the others posted what they got told for the medical, including what vaccinations etc they needed. IT was very helpful - go back and you'll find it.

I work close to Swanston St Medical Centre and will drop by one lunchtime. We are getting all vac on list, apart from the cost it doesn't hurt to have them. As I've mentioned before Hep A & B is 3 injections one month after first then 5 months after 2nd. There is a fast track course but I don't have the details.

For sure. Now Ive got my interview date my biggest concern is waiting by the mail for my UK police check to come through, after that Im pretty much sorted barring anything negative coming back from the medical.
Ozimattskey, I'm sure it'll come through in time, and if you get anxious, it's always a good idea to get on their case and maybe prompt things along.

I lived in the UK for about two and a half years collectively, but never for a 12 month stretch at a time. Usually it was at most 10 months. Do you know if I'll also need a police check from there? The travel.state.gov site says "12 months", but doesn't appear to specify whether that's collective or consecutive.

Ozimattskey, I'm sure it'll come through in time, and if you get anxious, it's always a good idea to get on their case and maybe prompt things along.

I lived in the UK for about two and a half years collectively, but never for a 12 month stretch at a time. Usually it was at most 10 months. Do you know if I'll also need a police check from there? The travel.state.gov site says "12 months", but doesn't appear to specify whether that's collective or consecutive.

Best advice would be to get one...

A jump of 100! All of a sudden there are only 4xx CNs ahead of me. Congrats to everyone who is staring at a November interview!

Thanks Trifurcate. I will send them an email in a week just to see if i got it. To what Britsimon said, I agree I would just get a UK police check anyway, cant hurt and best to cover all bases so you arent nervous come interview time.

YAAAY! After a looooong wait and 2 DVs, I am FINALLY current! I can hardly believe it. When can we expect the 2NL?
Within the next week roughly - assuming your DS260 was filed early enough to have completed processing (by mid/late June probably)

DS 260 was submitted in May so no problems there! Even though it's probably not necessary, I am thinking of getting an Affidavit of Support, I would someone be able to direct me to where I can find the requirements for this? I couldn't see anything on the DV selectee instructions but maybe I am missing something.

Yay we are current too!! how exciting!!! Though we didn't submit our DS260 till mid July ... fingers crossed we still get a Nov interview!!!!