• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I'll be honest, when I first joined, I found Susie's posts occasionally challenging and abrasive.

But I really could not have gotten through this process without her, Simon and Mom. They've been kind when it's needed and they have KICKED MY A** when it's also needed. And that was often.

Mom and SusieQQQ will both kick ass when needed - heck I think mine still gas a few bruises to prove it.

Reactions: CC1
Sorry, should've made my initial question clearer. I don't have an issue with the recency of the police cert, but the passport number shown on it. The passport number shown on my police cert is my current passport number but when I was living in Taiwan I was on my old, now expired passport. Should I re-apply for the police cert and ask for my old passport number to be shown?

No. You are overthinking this. They ask for a police cert, you provide one. They will barely look at it.

Without sounding really dumb.....But is there some kind of Australian Medical database,
whereby a GP or Medical Worker can look up to see what Vaccinations someone has had
in there life? I have moved constantly in my 35 years on Earth (different States & Countries)
and have never had a solid ongoing GP / Doctor etc...etc...Much Obliged.

I dont believe there is such a data base Ben. However you can go to a GP and have a simple blood test done to check what you have had and what you havent. It is called a Serology test. OR you can have it done at the time of your medical. Re vaccinations, they are country specific and at times new things are introduced so do not take web page info as gospel! Im not sure why people are getting overly enthusiastic about vaccination. Really in the grand scheme its just another hoop that is easily jump-able.
BTW Im pleased to say I fully understand your post this time round.;)

Last edited:
Oh lol I totally missed that snarky response. Thanks mom.

Yes I must admit sometimes I do get a bit impatient when people ask things that have been asked countless times before. The equivalent of the "read the spreadsheet" responses on the AOS thread! It seems one can't expect everyone to spend a little time reading previous threads/responses before posting questions, ah well, I guess people approach things differently, just the way some people think I have a bad attitude but others spend a lot of time pressing like on my posts :D.

Ok here is my 2 cents.

1. Im amazed that Susie, Mom and Simon are still here to help us. THANK YOU! By the sounds of it they have had their residency granted yet continue to help.

2. I have no freakin idea where they get their patients from. THANK YOU!
I have had to restrain a couple of times from telling people to use their freakin brain and put in a bit of leg work to find answers that are here. I know its real easy to just ask a Q but it does take a bit of energy and thought to respond.
Sooooo when people have taken the time to post and then others dont bother to read or make no effort what so ever research then what the hell is the point?!
My pet peeve is repetition Now in saying that, Now in saying that, Now in saying that, ;) I know Im not perfect and am probably guilty however at least Im aware of it.
Old saying engage brain before opening mouth.
New saying, engage brain before typing questions.
This forum is a resource and yes everyone here is entitled to opinions and hopefully here to help. There is a Sh%# load of info here in all the forums so take some time to do a bit of leg work and be respectful of those who have put time and energy into sharing their experiences, knowledge and advise. Ive actually found reading other forums as well as ours very helpful.

After living in the US for 7 years (east coast, west coast and central) I can tell you if you cant take someone being direct and upfront unpack your bags cos you will not survive in the US!

I saw a T shirt the other day and I think I will buy it for myself. It reads "Im not a bit*#, I just have a low tolerance to Bulls*&@"

PS This is not directed at any person in particular.

Again Thanks Susie Simon and Mom!

Good night and god bless your cotton socks;)

Ok here is my 2 cents.

1. Im amazed that Susie, Mom and Simon are still here to help us. THANK YOU! By the sounds of it they have had their residency granted yet continue to help.

2. I have no freakin idea where they get their patients from. THANK YOU!
I have had to restrain a couple of times from telling people to use their freakin brain and put in a bit of leg work to find answers that are here. I know its real easy to just ask a Q but it does take a bit of energy and thought to respond.
Sooooo when people have taken the time to post and then others dont bother to read or make no effort what so ever research then what the hell is the point?!
My pet peeve is repetition Now in saying that, Now in saying that, Now in saying that, ;) I know Im not perfect and am probably guilty however at least Im aware of it.
Old saying engage brain before opening mouth.
New saying, engage brain before typing questions.
This forum is a resource and yes everyone here is entitled to opinions and hopefully here to help. There is a Sh%# load of info here in all the forums so take some time to do a bit of leg work and be respectful of those who have put time and energy into sharing their experiences, knowledge and advise. Ive actually found reading other forums as well as ours very helpful.

After living in the US for 7 years (east coast, west coast and central) I can tell you if you cant take someone being direct and upfront unpack your bags cos you will not survive in the US!

I saw a T shirt the other day and I think I will buy it for myself. It reads "Im not a bit*#, I just have a low tolerance to Bulls*&@"

PS This is not directed at any person in particular.

Again Thanks Susie Simon and Mom!

Good night and god bless your cotton socks;)

LOL - thanks for that. It is no secret that Mom, Susie and myself all have our Green Cards - and were previous DV winners. Yes we all get a bit short tempered sometimes, each of us reads every post. Every single post in every single thread. We respond to many to help out. None of us are paid for doing so - and each one of us has thought of "retiring". So yeah, we are delighted to answer questions but it really helps when people take a little bit of effort to read a bit, or use the search function. However, we also are realistic and know that some people just don't know where to start and will ask basic repetitive questions - that's fine we will answer them - and sometimes we will also get a bit snarky ourselves. That is because we are human - but we are trying to help and I know we have been the difference between pass or fail for a lot of people...

I dont believe there is such a data base Ben. However you can go to a GP and have a simple blood test done to check what you have had and what you havent. It is called a Serology test. OR you can have it done at the time of your medical. Re vaccinations, they are country specific and at times new things are introduced so do not take web page info as gospel! Im not sure why people are getting overly enthusiastic about vaccination. Really in the grand scheme its just another hoop that is easily jump-able.
BTW Im pleased to say I fully understand your post this time round.;)
Thanks! Will probably just wait and do at Medical should that eventuate next year. :)

LOL - thanks for that. It is no secret that Mom, Susie and myself all have our Green Cards - and were previous DV winners. Yes we all get a bit short tempered sometimes, each of us reads every post. Every single post in every single thread. We respond to many to help out. None of us are paid for doing so - and each one of us has thought of "retiring". So yeah, we are delighted to answer questions but it really helps when people take a little bit of effort to read a bit, or use the search function. However, we also are realistic and know that some people just don't know where to start and will ask basic repetitive questions - that's fine we will answer them - and sometimes we will also get a bit snarky ourselves. That is because we are human - but we are trying to help and I know we have been the difference between pass or fail for a lot of people...

Well said Simon, and I think

margarita.gif.gif

T
Thanks! Will probably just wait and do at Medical should that eventuate next year. :)

The reason I got a blood test first was that I didn't want to get or pay for unnecessary vaccinations at the medical if I'm already immune
I believe it you don't have history or blood work saying you're immune they'll make you get them ..

LOL. I can see that if I am ever going to get you to come and visit me, I have to tempt you with Margaritas!

Sorry this is a bit off track for the OC thread but definitely a get together, with a "braai" from us and margaritas from mom is in order. Simon can provide .... Hm... Entertainment? :D

T

The reason I got a blood test first was that I didn't want to get or pay for unnecessary vaccinations at the medical if I'm already immune
I believe it you don't have history or blood work saying you're immune they'll make you get them ..
How much did the blood test cost out of interest?

Blood test was done at GP with Medicare. We told the doctor what it was for and they said they should be charging because its for immigration purposes. But it cost us nothing so that was good.

How much did the blood test cost out of interest?

Nothing at my GP - I had to have an appointment anyway to discuss a range of things (getting all my health things sorted before moving!) so I paid the usually doc fee with half back on medicare, there's onsite pathology and that was free, and she bulk billed my follow up! Lucky! Nurse was free to get the vaccination shots too- mmr was $35 I think and hep b $45.

Kiwi, I asked a similar question because my husband's UK police check (done in June this year) was done using his old passport number. We're going to take both passports just to be on the safe side.

Simon, can you please message me. I have a question and can't figure out how to start a conversation.

Just thought I would let everyone know, picked up our medicals from Brisbane and they are valid for 6 months from the date on the medical, I had read somewhere in a post 12 months so putting it out there Qld is 6, flying to Sydney on Monday night for the big day.....fingers crossed :))